Maybe stupid question. Why are Ram trucks so cheap?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I had leased a 2014 Ram 1500 QC Express. Was a great truck. They lease extremely well too. I had a $199/month deal on mine with nothing down. I have switched over to FCA products recently and have had no such issues with any of my vehicles over the years. My wife has always had/preferred FCA. She started with an 08 Grand Cherokee. No issues on any of ours. 2008/2011/2017 Grand Cherokees, 15 Cherokee, 14 Ram 1500 and my 17 Charger. I have no issues recommending them to anyone, but again everyone has preferences. I loved my Mustangs but I wanted 4 doors and unfortunately Ford doesn't have a good performance 4 door.
What dealership do you use? I'm in Cary. Hendrick doesn't get high marks, although they are right down the road. And I hate they double sticker their vehicles with $2k worth of added crap.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m blown away by what my buddy paid for a loaded f250...i cannot do that lol. when i was looking for trucks, i really liked the dodge exterior and Cummins or Hemi engine...but that interior, just damn. i feel like it was designed by someone with macular degeneration

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Finally talked to a sales guy at the RAM dealer. As usual, the souped up internet sales prices were based on the cumulative effect of the longest list of weird and random factory incentives you can possibly imagine. No one individually could ever qualify for half the Dodge incentives, and then the price doesn't reflect the added $2k of double-stickered dealer add-ons.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally talked to a sales guy at the RAM dealer. As usual, the souped up internet sales prices were based on the cumulative effect of the longest list of weird and random factory incentives you can possibly imagine. No one individually could ever qualify for half the Dodge incentives, and then the price doesn't reflect the added $2k of double-stickered dealer add-ons.
Man, that sucks Ash.

Zodiac

Established Member
What dealership do you use? I'm in Cary. Hendrick doesn't get high marks, although they are right down the road. And I hate they double sticker their vehicles with $2k worth of added crap.

I'm in Cary as well. Hendrick is who I got my Ram from in 2013. No issues then, but when I was looking to buy my Charger I worked with both them and Capital in Garner and both were terrible to deal with from a sales perspective. My wife got her 15 Jeep from Westgate and it was a good experience, although they wouldn't budge on the numbers for a Charger. I got my Charger from Steve White in Hickory. By far the best damn sales experience I've ever had in my life with a dealer. I negotiated everything through email. Drove there signed the paperwork and drove home. I was probably at the dealer for 30 mins. They also don't charge the bullshit fees, including doc fee that Raleigh dealers love to throw at you.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

That's weird. No issues with that down here that I know of.
There are either incentives or not.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
That's weird. No issues with that down here that I know of.
There are either incentives or not.
There are tons of different incentives. No one person qualifies for all of them though, and the advertised price assumes you qualify for all of them, and then of course the double stickered add ons.

I'm too old for this crap.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
There are tons of different incentives. No one person qualifies for all of them though, and the advertised price assumes you qualify for all of them, and then of course the double stickered add ons.
I'm too old for this crap.
What were some of the "add ons" Ash?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
What were some of the "add ons" Ash?
Pretty much a base Dodge truck (Express) with nice wheels, crew cab, 4x4, and a hemi. I like the bedliner, but I don't need or want the other stuff.

fullsizeoutput_8c5.jpeg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty much a base Dodge truck (Express) with nice wheels, crew cab, 4x4, and a hemi. I like the bedliner, but I don't need or want the other stuff.
View attachment 1459604
HOLY CRAP!!! lol
199 dollars for nitrogen filled tires? And that floor mat add is crap. Looks like price gouging to me.
Is it a quad cab/extended cab?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
HOLY CRAP!!! lol
199 dollars for nitrogen filled tires? And that floor mat add is crap. Looks like price gouging to me.
Is it a quad cab/extended cab?
Crew cab. They have four trucks just like it, that I would otherwise be interested in, and they are just down the street. It ticks me off, so as an old man i will officially tell them to kiss my hindquarters and keep looking for a Ford truck.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Crew cab. They have four trucks just like it, that I would otherwise be interested in, and they are just down the street. It ticks me off, so as an old man i will officially tell them to kiss my hindquarters and keep looking for a Ford truck.
That's too bad man. Everything happens for a reason is the way I look at it.
Good luck!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Atta boy...er, old man.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

View attachment 1459604
Order what you want. The stuff on the lot is based on combos a lot of people want but also the high profit margin.

Patience when buying. Another technique is to copy the price with options you want and have them drop the price on what is on the lot. End of year clearances can be useful too. I have seen claims of 8000 dollar reductions. You have bought enough cars probably to know all this.

One salesman told me this is not Burger King once. I found another saleswoman and got pricing I wanted as well everything I wanted with a few extras.

Biggest problem is falling in love with the vehicle after a test drive. That is their hook and then not letting you off the lot. Knowing dealer invoice is a big plus. Used to be you could negotiate dealer cost plus 500 on vehicles. That seems to be harder and harder to work.

Sent from my blankity blank using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread