maybe readin this will yall somethin to do

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There are a couple of problems I have with the story:.
1. this allegedly happened in 2007. Why are we just now hearing about it.
2. The op has been a member here since 05 but has not posted till the last couple of months.
3. The Original Post has the writing style of 4th or 5th grade. Yet all the other posts by the OP read like he actually has an education.
4. this is the kind of thing that would make the papers, I will believe it when I see a link to something beside corral.net.
5. I will bet money it is a cut and paste from somewhere else. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Why would someone lie about this? Thats the stupidist thing to lie about. But if it is indeed true, you sir are a fighter and i commend your strength. If it is indeed a liar/troll, F*** off.

*edit*

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1037312

^^ hrmmm

canibus

Established Member
if this really is true then i wish you the best of luck and thanks for the advice

if it's bs.

*(&#(#&*)*_)(@_(#(#&*@(*&#)(*# for making me feel sympathy.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
55k in damage is easy. Remember, the quote is to fix the car that is meesed up, not the value of the car. If you figure out what all the parts cost to build yourself a 30k Explorer, it would cost you over 60k, so it is possible that he broke more than half the parts on the car, totaling up to 55k.

However, blood cannot freeze around your heart. It could maybe clot, but there is no way in hell your blood will freeze if you are still alive.

R8ter316

Established Member
Would someone really lie about this? If so, thats pretty lame.

If he isn't lieing....Sorry to hear about it man! Keep fighting because you've obviously made some magnificent strides!

Edit: I'm such a lousy troll =(

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
parts of the story make sense, and parts of it do not make sense. first, it IS common to suffer an aortic dissection from a rapid deceleration event while wearing a seatbelt (hitting a wall at 100mph with your seatbelt on). but there is NO WAY IN HELL your blood would freeze up around your heart--this is complete b.s., and maybe the original poster is trying to be more dramatic or something, but complete b.s. there. also, i would like to know what 'partially formed' artery saved your life---i'm not a heart surgeon, but i would like to know this. an aortic dissection is commonly a very difficult problem to fix, and often fatal if you don't make it to a trauma center in time, with timely diagnosis of the injury.

i know that hamot medical center is NOT a level 1 trauma hospital, and would definitely 'ship you out' to a better-suited hospital to care for your life-threatening injuries.

second, it IS also pretty common to get heterotopic ossification (extra bone formed around the hip, severely limiting motion) of the hip after a fracture, when the patient has an ongoing head injury, or is on prolonged assisted ventilation, which it sounds like this guy was. surgery is often required to remove this BONE (not calcium) to regain motion--so that part of the story (in my opinion) could NOT BE MADE UP, unless the original poster is either a physician, or completely copying someone else's story. that is a detail that the average lay person would never know.

the best part of the story is where he says---99% of what all doctors tell you is false.
buddy, if you're not lying, then these people absolutely saved your life---by all accounts, you'd be dead if not for the skill of the thoracic surgeon, and the rest of the trauma team----show a little f---ing respect. none of this would have ever happened if you weren't racing your car 100mph in the dead of winter--idiot.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
However, blood cannot freeze around your heart. It could maybe clot, but there is no way in hell your blood will freeze if you are still alive.

this is true. his core temperature would NEVER get low enough to freeze the blood around his heart. people don't realize the magnitude of pressure with which a heart beats---its like a high pressure garden hose--no way that it is going to stop, unless there's no more blood to pump

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
looks like someone on the corral forum is vouching for him

Go look at his other posts. something is not right here. they ALL were written in the last three months ... yet they don't look like they were written by the same person.

sorry I am not buying it without some offer of proof other than some other clown saying it was.

EATONU03

Established Member
parts of the story make sense, and parts of it do not make sense. first, it IS common to suffer an aortic dissection from a rapid deceleration event while wearing a seatbelt (hitting a wall at 100mph with your seatbelt on). but there is NO WAY IN HELL your blood would freeze up around your heart--this is complete b.s., and maybe the original poster is trying to be more dramatic or something, but complete b.s. there. also, i would like to know what 'partially formed' artery saved your life---i'm not a heart surgeon, but i would like to know this. an aortic dissection is commonly a very difficult problem to fix, and often fatal if you don't make it to a trauma center in time, with timely diagnosis of the injury.

i know that hamot medical center is NOT a level 1 trauma hospital, and would definitely 'ship you out' to a better-suited hospital to care for your life-threatening injuries.

second, it IS also pretty common to get heterotopic ossification (extra bone formed around the hip, severely limiting motion) of the hip after a fracture, when the patient has an ongoing head injury, or is on prolonged assisted ventilation, which it sounds like this guy was. surgery is often required to remove this BONE (not calcium) to regain motion--so that part of the story (in my opinion) could NOT BE MADE UP, unless the original poster is either a physician, or completely copying someone else's story. that is a detail that the average lay person would never know.

the best part of the story is where he says---99% of what all doctors tell you is false.
buddy, if you're not lying, then these people absolutely saved your life---by all accounts, you'd be dead if not for the skill of the thoracic surgeon, and the rest of the trauma team----show a little f---ing respect. none of this would have ever happened if you weren't racing your car 100mph in the dead of winter--idiot.

Thanks for at least hearing me out. Im not fluent on medical jargon and instead just tried to inform people on what I could understand, from my therapists talking back and foreth.

And as far as my grammar goes, I was in the process of packing for the trip to Pittsburgh, typing this up, and trying to chase my son around. Which I can say was not easy at all from the limited amount of movement I've been dealing with for the past 18 months. Needless to say I was in a hurry, and wanted to post something up for the reason I was and still am in the process of looking for another SVT, and I didn't want to leave people hanging.

So for you and the others that showed consern and wished me luck thank you very much. And as far as all the people who blasted me thinking I was looking for sympathy and attention, next time I'll talk about my 1,867,968 rwhp civic that i drive daily, some girls boobs, or other garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread