maybe readin this will yall somethin to do

EATONU03

Established Member
aight guys lemme give ya a lil sum sum to read n give me ur opinions or feedback

ok on Jan. 7th 2007 i had a MASSIVE car accident n managed to survive by what my doctors n surgeons say is nothing short of a miracle.

to sum it up i hit a concrete off ramp wall almost head on at over 100mph and did over $55,000 worth of damage to my 2006 Lincoln LS sport (v8)..... needless to say it was TOTALLED........

from that it took personel over 2 hours to pull me from the car where i sat in shorts (jan 7th in my area its ****IN COLD)....the impact tore the aortic artery from my heart n because of the temperatutre it froze blood around my heart saving me from bleeding to death... from there i was life flighted to Hammot Medical Center in Erie Pa. where they went over some films n doctor info n decided there was nothin they could do for me cause of my injuries n opted to life flight me to UPMC Presbiteryian in Pittsburgh Pa. When i arrived there a Dr. Thomas Gleason did my heart heart surgery to repair a nothing shy of obliterated heart. By a miracle (birth defect) my heart had another unused semi-artery which Dr. Gleason noticed n decided to use (kinda like havin spare parts for a car lol) to which he graphed on n repaired my torn artery.

after 21 hours of surgery dr. gleason left it pretty much in gods hands cuz it was all he could do.

along with that i crushed my skull had severe brain trama, broken 3 ribs, collapsed 1 lung (they had to collapse the other for my heart surgery), fractured 4 lumbar discs and 3 discs in my neck, broken right hip....that might be everything im sure im missing some. BUT NO arm leg wrist finger ankel or toe fractures.......lucky i guess in that aspect.

from UPMC Presbiteryan ICU i was transported to UPMC southside rehab where doctors nurses friends and family still fearing the worst watched me lay in acoma for another little over a month. after comin out of my coma i only had slight movement on my left side (im right handed) n had no feeling or movement ability from the waist down. from there i started a grouling rehabilitation act to beat the odds n be back on my feet ASAP and kept telling myself everyday and night I WILL WALK AGAIN. slowly but surely the sense of touch and movement came back to my legs and feet. doctors nurses friends and family again didnt expect me to be up and movin at all let alone how fast i did it. On march 28th 2007 i was released from UPMC southside rehab to go home with a little stronger ability of my left side, very well diminished strength and mobility on my right side, and now the ability to use a walker (at a very slow pace)

at home i started doin homebased therapy n my own exercise routine still with major devotion to be back on my feet without a walking aid (cane, walker... etc)...... on april 16th 2007 i took my first steps without a walkin aid of any kind suprising my mother n girlfriend. then on june 23rd 2007 witnessed my son Dominic William Coatsworth being born. with the simple aid of a walker for the fact of being on my feet for such a long time.

now here were are july 9th 2008 n im all booked up to go back to UPMC to have my right hip operated on tomorrow after a long 18 month wait to remove calcium build up on my hip joint which has taken away greatly my ability to use/move my right leg. after my surgery im headed back to southside rehab to again beat all ods n be back on my feet asap.......

lemme be one to tell all 99% on what doctors tell you is false its will and determination to heal n be back that makes the difference..... my therapists, doctors, friends, and family all told me if not for me being as hard-headed and devoted to living my life me way i would have never made any of this happen. people you can do whatever you put ur mind to N LET NOBODY tell you otherwise

i just hope that the time that im not home my son dominic doesn't decide to start walkin while im not around to witness it lol........

anyways guys/gals........ if ya got anythin 2 say go for it, ill log in back down at Southside rehab to see whats goin on......

oh yeah everyone BUCKEL THE HELL UP it saved my life n be safe......... happy end of summer to all n ill catch yall on the flip side:rockon:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!
That's some story. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and wish you the best. Catching the first step of your son is cool but if you miss it it's not the end of the world. I'm sure he'll be happier having a dad that he can walk and play with. My daughter just started walking, I missed the first step but she kindly showed me that she did indeed walk.

Just wondering, do you remember why you hit an offramp at that speed almost head on?

EATONU03

Established Member
HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!
That's some story. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and wish you the best. Catching the first step of your son is cool but if you miss it it's not the end of the world. I'm sure he'll be happier having a dad that he can walk and play with. My daughter just started walking, I missed the first step but she kindly showed me that she did indeed walk.

Just wondering, do you remember why you hit an offramp at that speed almost head on?

black ice

Bankstitan

Pwns F150s daily
Established Member
wow, glad to hear youll be up and running soon. wow, you hit black ice while driving a 100 mph?

Don Juan

Established Member
Holy crap, :uh oh: The first thing I would've done was walk to the closest gas station and bought me a lottery ticket.

s_x_i

Established Member
Racing at 100 mph whilst it's freezing out (I'm sure Lincolns come with a thermometer) is almost pre-qualifying yourself for an entry onto this years Darwin awards list.

I'm glad no one was hurt and that you're making a recovery, but SYMPATHY? COMPASSION???

Not here mate!

When it's freezing out, slow the **** down!!!

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I will have to give a +65000 on this. this would have made the papers .. post up a link to the story. ..

I thought the funniest part of the story was the blood around his heart froze... lolz... that does happen to people who are alive... that would mean your core temperatue dropped below 32 degrees. You would have brain damage and failure at 83 degrees.

ff500

Established Member
Sounds like you're a fighter and very lucky! But I will say it wasn't the smartest thing to do driving a 100 mph, you could of wiped out an innocent family or families or been killed yourself. Best of luck in your recovery and many years of happiness with your son.

s_x_i

Established Member
I thought the funniest part of the story was the blood around his heart froze... lolz... that does happen to people who are alive... that would mean your core temperatue dropped below 32 degrees. You would have brain damage and failure at 83 degrees.

Blood would freeze somewhere around 26-28 degrees... Brrr that would be cold.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
Blood would freeze somewhere around 26-28 degrees... Brrr that would be cold.

which would also mean his heart would be frozen... that and your stunning 12 posts don't convince me... I don't have a BS flag big enough to raise... so this one will have to do. :bs:

Qwk GT

Established Member
Well, if its true, you are a lucky guy. Good luck and slow the f@ck down when its that cold. I don't know enough about that stuff to tell if its b/s. If it is b/s, why waste all that time and energy.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i stopped reading after you said "a lil sum sum". i'm really surprised at just how many people fought through that cluster **** you call english.

Users who are viewing this thread