Maximum Motorsports S197 K-Member

Bad Company

Established Member
I totally agree with you. Wait...I'm not supposed to do that. Profiling thread titles infers assumption and stereotyping and that would make me a thread racist!:rolleyes::-D
LOL. I can tell you that you aren't alone. But I call it being discretionary, not discriminating

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That'll work!

I know it isn't the best time of year (just outside of Buffalo myself) but I'm curious if any of you here have an order pending with Maximum...

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Small world, my most recent son-in-law is from around Buffalo. Like I stated before, I have an order pending. No snow here to imped my progress, now hunting season on the other hand......

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That would mean about three weeks until you see it on your doorstep. I'm really looking forward to your assessment once it is in your hands.

rdanzy

Established Member
Placed my order on October 31.
Catmonkey - I read the instructions for using the bumpsteer gauge and boy are you right on that it is very involved. Looks as if it is a day or so to set the bumpsteer because of the work that has to be done to the struts (removing, removing springs, install struts, set bumpsteer,remove struts, install springs, install struts).

rdanzy

Established Member
Have Eibach R2 kit to install also. I have no experience with coil overs but they should eliminate all the time it would take removing and reinstalling struts and springs. Thanks for that info.

Jack Hidley

Established Member
When bumpsteering the car, the suspension will need to be moved through a large portion of its range of travel. From around 3" of droop to 2.5" of bump. With coilovers, normally all that is needed to do to achieve this motion is to lower the spring perch to the bottom of its travel. Since S197 Mustangs mount the swaybar endlink to the strut housing, there is not much room to lower the spring perch on the strut housing. With the R2 kit, you may have to remove the helper spring and spring coupler to get the lower spring perch low enough while bumpsteering the car.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I just wanted to add that I corresponded with Chuck from Maximum last week. He stated that they had "piles of tubes and laser-cut pieces" and that production had begun. He also mentioned that Luka had completed the included instructions and that the first unit for retail sale should have gone out on Friday. So John and Roger, watch that front door! :beer:

rdanzy

Established Member
UPS notification that the K-Member shipped on Friday and I should receive on Thursday the 11th.
I just wanted to add that I corresponded with Chuck from Maximum last week. He stated that they had "piles of tubes and laser-cut pieces" and that production had begun. He also mentioned that Luka had completed the included instructions and that the first unit for retail sale should have gone out on Friday. So John and Roger, watch that front door! :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Roger, that is awesome. I am really looking forward to hearing your comments.

I wonder if you got the very first production K-member?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't received an e-mail, but their website indicates it is awaiting shipping. They charged my card just before Thanksgiving.

rdanzy

Established Member
Roger, that is awesome. I am really looking forward to hearing your comments.

I wonder if you got the very first production K-member?
. I may have number 1. Received the bumpsteer gauge and kit yesterday and the k-member today. I plan to get this installed before January 1. I will post a write up but I can assure you that it will not be Tob quality.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Roger, I gotta know - what was the first thought that went through your head when you pulled the K-member out of the box?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
While I didn't verify it I'm fairly certain that the driveline geometry remains as stock.

If you are interested in one of these K-members and are also looking to lower your engine I believe Roger (rdanzy) was looking to do something along those lines. Maybe he can chime in with respect to that concern.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Since you can use any factory style engine mount, you could get a lowering mount.

Tob, my K-member should be delivered tomorrow. Maximum gave me the option of substituting the billet block for one of several versions they had powder coated and I opted for one of those.

rdanzy

Established Member
Stay tuned I'll will advise regarding "lowering" in a few days.
While I didn't verify it I'm fairly certain that the driveline geometry remains as stock.

If you are interested in one of these K-members and are also looking to lower your engine I believe Roger (rdanzy) was looking to do something along those lines. Maybe he can chime in with respect to that concern.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Since you can use any factory style engine mount, you could get a lowering mount.

Tob, my K-member should be delivered tomorrow. Maximum gave me the option of substituting the billet block for one of several versions they had powder coated and I opted for one of those.

A powder coated steel block or is it aluminum?

Stay tuned I'll will advise regarding "lowering" in a few days.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm assuming alumimum. It arrived a day early, but I wasn't able to get it home. I had taken the Shelby to work.

Users who are viewing this thread