maximum motorsports k member... sucks?

faststang14

Established Member
i just picked up a maximun motorsports k member kit with A arms and coil overs for my car used from a friend.... now i though tubular k members were suppose to lower ur weight and it happends i felt the tubular k member heavier than the stock ??!?!?! no even my oil filter fits !!! what to do ?!?! am i getting any advantage out of this ?? i feel rapped :shrug:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
i just picked up a maximun motorsports k member kit with A arms and coil overs for my car used from a friend.... now i though tubular k members were suppose to lower ur weight and it happends i felt the tubular k member heavier than the stock ??!?!?! no even my oil filter fits !!! what to do ?!?! am i getting any advantage out of this ?? i feel rapped :shrug:
You need to get an oil relocation kit from MM. I'd give them a call and ask them for the complete list of parts that is required in order for the kmember to work. The MM piece is not the lightest as it's geared torwards handling..

racebronco2

Established Member
The mm k-member weighs 7 lbs less then stock. Most of the weight loss is the a-arms and coil-overs. You do get improved front geometry. Sounds like you didn't do your research.

faststang14

Established Member
it does handle... its already installed I had to "modify" the oil filter to install the kit untill i get the relocation kit but so the point is as far as acceleration and track times no improvement

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
it does handle... its already installed I had to "modify" the oil filter to install the kit untill i get the relocation kit but so the point is as far as acceleration and track times no improvement
Yea, bro.. Not geared towards straight line acceleration..

faststang14

Established Member
i just did it temporally i didnt have a choise ... im in the look out for the oil filter adapter any opinions? ideas? im in a budget here

TRBO VNM

you can call MM and get just the part that the filter screws to, then the block adapter is a Canton piece. the fittings and houses you can source from summit/jegs or a local place. that will be the cheapest.

I agree, you should have looked into it more if now it is not what you really wanted. MM is one of the best out there quality wise and as stated, setup for street and road coarse racing.

so, sucks? hell no, far from it.

faststang14

Established Member
thanks guys i also heard of some smaller filter in existance? im gonna just built the adapter (im usually good at it. when i installed the kit and the filter still fitted lol)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, these are excellent K members for optimizing handling characteristics. Asking for trouble driving around on a "modified" oil filter. Did you try the Super Tech ST2 from Wal Mart?

TRBO VNM

I don't think anyone has tried the supertech with the MM Kmember. if it works, that is a cheap route to take, however, I would research the quality of the filter before using it on my engine. it could boil down to a $300 relocation kit or $3500 motor.

or, you could sell the MM stuff to someone looking for it and then pick up a cheaper one that is lighter, like the UPR and come out ahead with cash in your pocket.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I need to get my MM done soon.

Already have the Coil Overs/A-arms.

Anyone know what the complete front end saves on weight?

faststang14

Established Member
Nothing trust me i think it weights more than stock im going with upr or qa1 so soon my mm k member with control arms rack low profile mounts and spacers k member connectors and all nessessary hardware will be for sale extremely cheap

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
You missed out on the research bus... I just sold my QA1 K for $200 because when I looked at it I just didn't think it was strong enough for what I do. Your in the opposite court. MM is a great kit if it is what you want. Sorry for your hardship. I would love to have one...... I already have the coil overs and tubular arms though...

Last edited:

98' GT

Established Member
You missed out on the research bus... I just sold my QA1 K for $200 because when I looked at it I just didn't think it was strong enough for what I do. Your in the opposite court. MM is a great kit if it is what you want. Sorry for your hardship. I would love to have one...... I already have the coil overs and tubular arms though...

I agree 100%!!!

Users who are viewing this thread