Maximum K member and Bassani Headers are in.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Well, I guessed this would take a week, and I was pretty close. I just did it a bit slow is all. I will be honest, the hardest part of this install was drilling the holes in the bumper support for the oil filter relocation kit. The headers were pretty straight forward, the k member was a bit tricky to square up, but other wise not too bad. The header locking bolts were a bit tricky for my large hands, but I get them in there. The Bassani headers fit fantastic. They don't rub anywhere at all, and the look great. Now we just need to get the ride height were we want it, and get it aligned.

All the parts fit great, no mods required. I was very impressed to be honest.

38268980029_large.jpg

38268980028_large.jpg

38268980030_large.jpg

38268980031_large.jpg

38268980032_large.jpg

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Thanks for the Pics, I'm hoping to get mine done soon.

Where do you have the engine support bar attached?

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Thanks for the Pics, I'm hoping to get mine done soon.

Where do you have the engine support bar attached?

Originally I had it attached to the idler pulley bolts. I had to move it to the bolts that hold the bracket the idler pulleys are on. I was having a little trouble getting the motor to center on the motor mounts. The brace is really just for support. I was able to maneuver the motor around by hand pretty easily.

If you are doing the bump steer kit, I would take your spindles to a machine shop to drill out the required 5/8". Cost me $10 bucks. Tried to drill one with a nice bit, no joy.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally I had it attached to the idler pulley bolts. I had to move it to the bolts that hold the bracket the idler pulleys are on. I was having a little trouble getting the motor to center on the motor mounts. The brace is really just for support. I was able to maneuver the motor around by hand pretty easily.

If you are doing the bump steer kit, I would take your spindles to a machine shop to drill out the required 5/8". Cost me $10 bucks. Tried to drill one with a nice bit, no joy.

Can it be done on a drill press?

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Wow, you must be real anal about your car, because that has to be the CLEANEST Terminator I have EVER seen.

yellowgt02

Established Member
Wow, you must be real anal about your car, because that has to be the CLEANEST Terminator I have EVER seen.

I was just thinking that myself. Even put towels on the jacks so they wouldnt scratch the SFC's.

This and 04Sleepers are probably the cleanest one's ive seen on here.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member

I was just thinking that myself. Even put towels on the jacks so they wouldnt scratch the SFC's.

This and 04Sleepers are probably the cleanest one's ive seen on here.

Thanks (I think - j/k) I actually haven't detailed the car yet for the year, but that is next. I actually spent a lot of time taping off the SFC's to paint them, so I really didn't want to scratch them up. I will tell you, its not hard to keep clean when it only has 1665 miles on it though. I really do want to drive it more, but weather and work kinda burn me there.

04Sleepers car is one of my favorites here. Very tasteful, and my favorite color. Actually my first color choice, but this one came along and met all my criteria first.

I have seen some great cars on this site, and a lot of the guys here keep me coming back. This is actually the only Termi site I visit.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Dang, awesome swap there.
Its so damn clean :)

I am going to be swapping K-Members in the next month or so and I havnt ever done it before.

Do you have a wright up that you can do or tips on how to get it all square and lined up?

I see that you used plumb bobs, how did you line them up? Did you have marks on the floor from where the factory K-member lined up?

I really need the help :D

-Eric-

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What Spring Rates are you using on the Coilovers?

Are those the MM Valved Bilsteins?

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Dang, awesome swap there.
Its so damn clean :)

I am going to be swapping K-Members in the next month or so and I havnt ever done it before.

Do you have a wright up that you can do or tips on how to get it all square and lined up?

I see that you used plumb bobs, how did you line them up? Did you have marks on the floor from where the factory K-member lined up?

I really need the help :D

-Eric-

Actually, you don't need the factory K-member to line up the new one. I followed the instructions that Maximum sent, and it was pretty easy. They have the instructions on their web site too. I had the plum bobs on the rear suspensions first, and used that to square the k member to the car front to rear, and rear left to front right and vise versa. I put tape down on the floor and marked it up. It took about an hour to square it up to within 1/16".

I will tell you, get the motor up high enough to take it out of the equation while you square up the k-member. Other than that, the instructions were very well written.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Wow! Great work!

I am getting ready to help Skaarew04SVT do this same set up to his car (minus the LT's).

Looks like you took your time and did everything right. :thumbsup:

Let us know your impressions when you get finished.

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Wow! Great work!

I am getting ready to help Skaarew04SVT do this same set up to his car (minus the LT's).

Looks like you took your time and did everything right. :thumbsup:

Let us know your impressions when you get finished.

Looks like I will get to drive it Monday or Tuesday. Weather is supposed to be nice. We will see. Gonna set the ride height today, and I will let everyone know how she handles. Get to do it all over again on DSG2NVs car now.

droz

Established Member
Do you have some close up PIC's of how the engine support hooks up to the engine?

Looks good, how miles do you have on it?

Thanks

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I am using 375lbs front 575lbs rear. Yes, these are the sport valved MMs. I had to buy those shocks/struts to use the higher spring rates.

I have the exact same setup on my Coupe.

Looking forward to your driving impressions :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread