Maverick ST | Thoughts???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Manual trans, more from the 2.0 EB or add a 2.3 EB, AWD, suspension, interior, and a little styling. I think it would have potential.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Manual, AWD, n/a 4 or 6 cylinder, dash full of control buttons, tiny or no screen.

I will not purchase another EB Ford if I can help it. Not a fan at all, I see no benefit.
The n/a 2.5L in my '12 Escape has been great. Simple, dependable, great mileage.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Manual, AWD, n/a 4 or 6 cylinder, dash full of control buttons, tiny or no screen.

I will not purchase another EB Ford if I can help it. Not a fan at all, I see no benefit.
The n/a 2.5L in my '12 Escape has been great. Simple, dependable, great mileage.

Isn't that 2.5 still a DI engine? I'm not sure what year Escape you're talking about.

mariusvt

Established Member
Manual trans, more from the 2.0 EB or add a 2.3 EB, AWD, suspension, interior, and a little styling. I think it would have potential.
Hi po version of the 2.3 from the mustang and awd would be a winner. Bonus points for a manual option from the focus rs but I don't think Ford has the cajones for that.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
the regular one tows 4k lbs.. my wife's old 2015 Santa Fe could tow 5000.. the explorer Timberlane can tow 5500 lbs.. no reason it couldn't tow 5500-6k if they use to 2.3 ecoboost..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
the regular one tows 4k lbs.. my wife's old 2015 Santa Fe could tow 5000.. the explorer Timberlane can tow 5500 lbs.. no reason it couldn't tow 5500-6k if they use to 2.3 ecoboost..

It has much less to do with the power of the engine than the power of the brakes/chassis and suspension.

The Maverick is not (not even close) the same size nor as capable (chassis and brakes) as the Explorer.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It has much less to do with the power of the engine than the power of the brakes/chassis and suspension.

The Maverick is not (not even close) the same size nor as capable (chassis and brakes) as the Explorer.

Bingo. From my experience 4,000 pounds wouldn't be super comfortable behind a Maverick.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I honestly think the Ranger is a better platform to go performance on. While I am going to get a Maverick, I'm going for the cheap not the performance.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member

are you saying Ford couldn't upgrade those components and market it as.... an ST?

There is a 600 lb weight difference between the Maverick and Explorer Timberline.. the Ranger 2wd weighs 200 lbs less than the explorer and can tow 7500 lbs.. i get the curb weight comes into play, but Ford definitely has room to bump the towing capacity

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread