Masters / Augusta Nationals Golf

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Are any of you in Augusta this week for the Masters?

I'm not a golf fan, but I take advantage of getting out and seeing what is going on while meeting new people. Augusta comes to life once a year, and this is it.

If you're in town, let me know.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Nope, I stay far away.
I don't blame you. My wife and I went out for a drive earlier and the tourists are already showing up. By Monday things will start to get crowded. Around Wednesday Washington Rd will become a parking lot. Every restaurant in town will be packed full. There will be parties all over the city. I will end up playing an acoustic set somewhere to waste some time, make a couple dollars, and meet a few people.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Someday I will be there for the Masters. When I retire and have time to get my game back in shape I need to play Augusta and Pebble Beach. Such beautiful courses.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Someday I will be there for the Masters. When I retire and have time to get my game back in shape I need to play Augusta and Pebble Beach. Such beautiful courses.
Everyone that golfs wants to play the Augusta Nationals course. There is only one way on the green out there with a club, and that is with an invitation. Membership is rare.

coposrv

Established Member
Few of my friends have gone a few times when they had pro status and tickets weren’t required they said the elevation changes were insane. I’ve always wanted to go for a practice round. Less people better views and lighter atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mackie

Established Member
The only tournament where the blimp isn't allowed. The spectators must be referred to as patrons. Leave your cell phone in the car. The CBS crew has to choose every word carefully - just ask Gay McCord. Try yelling out 'get in the hole' or 'mashed potatoes' - that is a good thing BTW.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The only tournament where the blimp isn't allowed. The spectators must be referred to as patrons. Leave your cell phone in the car. The CBS crew has to choose every word carefully - just ask Gay McCord. Try yelling out 'get in the hole' or 'mashed potatoes' - that is a good thing BTW.
All true. It's comical to be honest. Then again, I am not a golfer at all. I do not care to play backyard billiards on the lawn.

The course is absolutely gorgeous, that is something I will admit.

GodStang

Established Member
So glad it's raining this week! I guess since I have lived here for 35 years it's more of a pain in the ass than anything. Can't go anywhere, can't go out to eat, traffic is horrible. At least the kids have spring break.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
So glad it's raining this week! I guess since I have lived here for 35 years it's more of a pain in the ass than anything. Can't go anywhere, can't go out to eat, traffic is horrible. At least the kids have spring break.
It rains every year during Masters.

CV355

_
Established Member
I got my butt chewed off 3 years ago when I had to book hotels for guys at work who were going on an install/contract work gig near where the Masters tournament was held. Our budget was $125/day discounted rates for hotel, plus food and gas per employee. Hotels jacked their rates up to astronomical levels. It was less costly to book the poor guys 1.5 hours away and just pay them an extra 3 hours a day for driving than to pay the extra hotel costs.

GodStang

Established Member
I was invited to go/offered tickets, but like yourself I am not a fan of golf--in any capacity.

It is nice to walk the course at least once on the practice rounds because the scenery (flowers, trees, grass) is just unreal beautiful.

I got my butt chewed off 3 years ago when I had to book hotels for guys at work who were going on an install/contract work gig near where the Masters tournament was held. Our budget was $125/day discounted rates for hotel, plus food and gas per employee. Hotels jacked their rates up to astronomical levels. It was less costly to book the poor guys 1.5 hours away and just pay them an extra 3 hours a day for driving than to pay the extra hotel costs.

Probably coming out to work at SRS? We have many many people that come in from out of town, my boss for one. They can't afford hotels because they go from $100 a night to $500 a night that week.

Users who are viewing this thread