Mass Shooter thwarted at Joel Osteen's church

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I dont know the man so its not my place to judge.

He's not my cup of tea anyhow. I liked Dr. Charles Stanley. His son Andy has a great sermon too.
You might feel differently if you lived here when Harvey hit, many business opened their doors and pitched in to help shelter and feed the tens of thousands that just lost everything… This fraudulent mfer wouldn’t open his mega church to these people, well until the negative press and backlash made him backpedal and reluctantly help well after the fact (2 weeks later)… Mattress Mack had no trouble opening the doors to his mega furniture warehouse to feed and shelter folks. I lost count of how many briskets I cooked and gave away, helped feed those in need and our brothers in the cajun navy that came to help. Osteen hardly lives the life of a pious god fearing man. Private jets, 40 million dollar mansion… gimme a ****ing break. I can’t believe lemmings fall for this shit, but then again 81 million folks apparently voted for Biden too.

IMG_6633.png

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
He is a prosperity preacher and tells his flock, hey if you think you are a good person and feel good about yourself, well that’s good enough for the Lord..

Yeah, I don't agree with that message entirely but I'm just looking at the positive side of it all. People often start out in churches that don't ultimately suit them as they become wiser and learn on their own. It's not that I agree with the prosperity gospel, but the bigger picture is more important than the scam, and a scam isn't going to stop Jesus from bringing people into His kingdom. It completely goes against our very being, but evil people can still carry out God's will without even realizing it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't matter. If he thinks he's fooling God then he has what's coming to him. If he's a fraud then he'll likely see his little empire come crashing down in this life or the next. If he's honest and truthful then he will continually be blessed. God can still use a fraud for His purposes as Joel still gets people in the front door and introduced to Christ. Some people will get burned and maybe never come back while others find a different church. God isn't worried about the money, he's interested in your heart and soul and whether you're going to meet Him in Heaven when you you die. Our perspectives are skewed.
I think we are not on the same wavelength. He doesn’t think he is fooling god, he’s fooling mortals. Joel gets people through the front door because he’s interested in the attention he gets and the donations he receives. He’s in it for personal gain and not the enlightenment which comes from spreading God’s word.
1708501058560.gif

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
According to many articles, he takes $0 from his congregation. His money comes from book deals and speaking engagements.

1708501217407.gif

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Take Mars Hill for example. Mars Hill was based out of Seattle and grew to be the largest church in the nation spread out over multiple states. I used to go to the services every now and then when I was hanging out with friends that were in college there. It was the cool, hip church that brought all the young adults in who were out the night before partying, myself included. It was definitely a church that entertained you and it was enjoyable, although very different than what I grew up going to, and not as very "charismatic".

That church ultimately took a nose dive because it came out that the lead pastor was abusive to everyone on the staff. It was a performance for him apparently and he treated it as such. I can still say with confidence that there were things I took away from the services I went to, whether it came from the pastor or just my own fellowship with God, but ultimately God dealt with that church and they were dissolved overnight and City Church took it over which they had been around for generations and came from modest roots.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I think we are not on the same wavelength. He doesn’t think he is fooling god, he’s fooling mortals. Joel gets people through the front door because he’s interested in the attention he gets and the donations he receives. He’s in it for personal gain and not the enlightenment which comes from spreading God’s word.
View attachment 1829661

We aren't on the same wavelength it seems, but I'm agreeing with you while also stating that he can fool people but he isn't fooling God. He won't get away with scamming forever and will pay the price whether it's by man, but ultimately it will be God that will dish out His judgement on Joel and each of us, whatever it may be. As much as we want it, we are commanded not to seek vengeance as God says vengeance is His. He is the final and ultimate judgement of men's hearts.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
We aren't on the same wavelength it seems, but I'm agreeing with you while also stating that he can fool people but he isn't fooling God. He won't get away with scamming forever and will pay the price whether it's by man, but ultimately it will be God that will dish out His judgement on Joel and each of us, whatever it may be. As much as we want it, we are commanded not to seek vengeance as God says vengeance is His. He is the final and ultimate judgement of men's hearts.
I agree with you, he is not fooling God and his day will come.
And why aren’t you sleeping!?

Last edited:

rborden

Established Member
You might feel differently if you lived here when Harvey hit, many business opened their doors and pitched in to help shelter and feed the tens of thousands that just lost everything… This fraudulent mfer wouldn’t open his mega church to these people, well until the negative press and backlash made him backpedal and reluctantly help well after the fact (2 weeks later)… Mattress Mack had no trouble opening the doors to his mega furniture warehouse to feed and shelter folks. I lost count of how many briskets I cooked and gave away, helped feed those in need and our brothers in the cajun navy that came to help. Osteen hardly lives the life of a pious god fearing man. Private jets, 40 million dollar mansion… gimme a ****ing break. I can’t believe lemmings fall for this shit, but then again 81 million folks apparently voted for Biden too.

View attachment 1829659
I heard about that when it happened and I thought it was bullshit.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I agree with you, he is not fooling God and his day will come.
And why aren’t you sleeping!?

Funny you ask that. Sleep hasn't been that enjoyable lately with the headaches from just laying on a pillow. Didn't even wake up to my alarms for work and couldn't get out of bed with my head feeling like it's in a vice so I called in to work. The rash from the shingles is nearly gone but the pain is still present.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell you if you believe that. Osteen is a charlatan peddling his huckster version of christianity and that’s being nice. That mfers teleprompter is bigger than Obama’s and that is not a church service, its entertainment. He tells his “flock” what they want to hear and they empty their wallets… He’s made faith a business just like the frauds before him, his father John Osteen, Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swagart etc… there is nothing redeeming about these frauds.
Look at the people who believe in Hinn, Copeland, Bakker, etc..., One must be gullible, suffering from low self-esteem, desperate for a miracle, etc...., in order to buy into their crap, literally. Bakker, as you know, was jammed up but he's been back in Missouri for over ten years still hawking his nonsensical word and volumes are spoken when you see the average person falling for the smoke and mirrors.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I don't agree with that message entirely but I'm just looking at the positive side of it all. People often start out in churches that don't ultimately suit them as they become wiser and learn on their own. It's not that I agree with the prosperity gospel, but the bigger picture is more important than the scam, and a scam isn't going to stop Jesus from bringing people into His kingdom. It completely goes against our very being, but evil people can still carry out God's will without even realizing it.

Luke 18:25: "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny you ask that. Sleep hasn't been that enjoyable lately with the headaches from just laying on a pillow. Didn't even wake up to my alarms for work and couldn't get out of bed with my head feeling like it's in a vice so I called in to work. The rash from the shingles is nearly gone but the pain is still present.
I’m sorry to hear. What’s causing it?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure I came down with the Shingles virus about 2 weeks ago. The worst of it has passed but the pain can last weeks and months.
That’s rough. Wife got shingles when she was pregnant with our daughter and she was miserable. I will submit your name to Joel Osteen’s prayer line. I kid, I hope you’re on the way to full recovery.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That’s rough. Wife got shingles when she was pregnant with our daughter and she was miserable. I will submit your name to Joel Osteen’s prayer line. I kid, I hope you’re on the way to full recovery.

That's really brutal to have to deal with it during pregnancy. I feel like I may have got it easier than many as most people I hear about have gone through excruciating pain, but I wouldn't say it's been excruciating for me. Just painful enough to wear me down and and constant aching/headaches. I appreciate it though!

rborden

Established Member
Body cam footage. Judging by the distance they walked towards her, that's a helluva shot with a pistol!! Damn fine shot!

Users who are viewing this thread