Married Guys and Divorced Guys- How often do/did you date your wife?

Canadian_Bacon

Armchair Athlete
Established Member
So I was reading through the other married guys thread and I wondered how often other guys take/took their wife on a date? Now, I'm not talking about just dinner, I'm talking about treating her on a date like you did when you first started going out spending the whole night with just her.

I try to take her out on a date at least once a month, sometimes it's 2 months if we are busy but I try to every month. We go out to dinner maybe once every 2 weeks to a sit down restaurant. When I take her on a date I give her flowers every other time and I will take her to a nice restaurant, doesn't have to be The Keg or similar Steakhouse but somewhere nice (not a chain), and then to a movie or theatre show, maybe a baseball game, something fun like bowling, pool or mini putt, just the 2 of us no phones no one else.

Am I the only one that does this?

We have been married for almost 2 years now and maybe it's just me being young (28) and dumb but I enjoy taking her on dates still and she seems to like it.

Zemedici

Established Member
My girlfriend and I have lived together since a month into our relationship, lives together a year now, and I try to take her out every 2 weeks or so. It means the world to her, which is good enough for me.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
If beers and wings count, a few times a week. Lol. Other than that, every 2-3 months I guess.
Pretty much the same thing. 9 years of marriage, in the beginning was a lot more often. Having kids though changed that, we go out more as a family but we still have our lil date nights alone.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Sometimes once a week, sometimes once every couple of months. We don't really schedule things unless they are specific events. She loves going to car shows with me, and we go to movies/dinner regularly.

We haven't reached the "date night" point, we just do what we do.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Pretty spontaneous here as well. We work opposite schedules so we only see each other a few hours during the week. We usually have one day a week where we line up and can spend the day together but we'll do anything from planting trees (last weekend) to getting wings and beer.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Wife and I have been together for 22 years now, and we still try to do something just by ourselves at least once a month.

ssssnake

Established Member
We didn't go out on dates, but we'd have "personal parties" from time to time. devil.gif

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I wouldn't call it a "date", but we go out regularly. It is hard to distinguish what you would call a date... and what you would call our lives together.

We pretty much do 95% of everything together, except for work. We tend to not make an event out of things, it is just going out spending time together... food, movies, cruising, ice cream, horses, ect.

As for official... it is a date. We pretty much do that on anniversaries, and special occasions.

Coiled03

Established Member
Essentially never, but not for lack of trying.

When our daughter arrived, her parents - who live no more than 10 minutes away - had no interest in watching her, and the neighborhood we live in has no kids of babysitting age. As far as hiring a babysitter online or something, forget that.

Doesn't matter now, and it's not the main reason we're getting divorced.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
we don't go out much, we'd rather stay at home lol. Instead, we go on long vacations 1-2 times a year.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The wife and I go out for dinner and drinks every Wednesday, and we usually go for drinks on Sundays as well if we don't have anything going on. We do more extravegant typical date stuff around special occasions like valentines day, birthdays, christmas etc. Those are typically dinner at a nice restaurant instead of our watering hole, or a weekend up in the mountains etc.

We go to Cabo each year the week of our anniversary.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't call it a "date", but we go out regularly. It is hard to distinguish what you would call a date... and what you would call our lives together.

We pretty much do 95% of everything together, except for work. We tend to not make an event out of things, it is just going out spending time together... food, movies, cruising, ice cream, horses, ect.

As for official... it is a date. We pretty much do that on anniversaries, and special occasions.
Same here. We like going to the movies. But we do it in the morning/early afternoon to avoid the crowds and either do brunch or lunch included.

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
I'm not married, but I've been with my girlfriend for almost seven years. We usually just take 5-6 trips a year to go atv/utv riding or stay in the mountains somewhere. We've never been much on dates, but we go out probably once a month and it keeps her happy. So, in turn, that keeps me happy.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Hard to do dates now with 2 kids. We still do, just not as often as we'd like.

This.. even just one kid puts a damper 'all alone' nights. I start in on the boy sometimes on Thursday. "What are your friends doing this weekend?" It gets me a decent chance of having somebody else's kid at my house though. :poke: Every once in a while it's bonus round.:coolman:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We travel a lot for work, so we make the best of that. However, we're getting a new dog next week and I'm betting that's going to change things a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread