• Not sure

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
So the geezers on corvette forum are loosing their depends all of a sudden debating how terrible of a drug it is and find crazy articles searching for any splatter of words that says there is a direct link between marijuana consumption and schizophrenia. I didn't realize there are still so many people who have such strong distain for it, yet look at the condition of society so maybe I'm the naive one.

I want to see what the consensus is on here about it's use and if we think the medical studies on the benefits of marijuana and THC are legitimate or bs

Are you polling for Rx or recreational use?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I myself don’t smoke. It’s simply not for me for a multitude of reasons. However i have/had friends from one end of the scale to the other in terms of smoking.

I will break it down like this.

Passive smokers: ones that smoke every once in awhile. I think we all no them.

Daily users: these are the ones that usually smoke once-twice a day. Whether it helps them with pain, sleep, anxiety etc. If it works for you, fine. There are many reasons people do this.

Heavy users: this is where i think the schizophrenia argument comes into play.

The first 2 are self-explanatory i think. I am sure there are users in between but those are the basic categories i think. At least imo. As for heavy users i will use the extreme. I have a friend i have known since middle school. Great guy. However about 10 years ago when his mom died suddenly, he moved from the passive user category to the heavy user category in the course of about 3 years. As in from the moment he wakes up in the morning, until he goes to bed, he is constantly high. There isn’t an hour in the day the guy isn’t high. His life constantly revolves around it. Based on when and how much he smokes, he smokes 8-9 blunts a DAY. He smokes a blunt every 2 hours. He actually pre-rolls one that’s ready when he wakes up or if he wakes up in the middle of the night. Its actually quite insane in practice. Imo, this has taken a toll on everything in his life including relationships. He is a completely different person and can be irrational about anything and everything.

Imo, specifically my friend, its had a massive negative impact on his mental stability. I understand there might be other factors, but I firmly believe, in his case, its royally ****ed him up.

As far as marijuana causing schizophrenia on a broader scale, i don’t know enough to say for sure. All i know is marijuana is significantly stronger today then even 10-20 years ago. On that fact alone, i would guess it’s having an effect among some users. My opinion is completely based on antidotal evidence.

I know its not answering your question but that’s all i got.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
Last year when my Mom's arthritis medication stopped being effective and she was in chronic pain and her doctors were trying to find a new medication that would work I suggested she do some research on marijuana and give it a try until a new med could be found. She flat out refused. She's still stuck in that archaic mindset that marijuana is bad and is a gateway drug to heroin, etc. blah blah.

Thankfully she and her doctors eventually found a drug and dosage that worked.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i think there's some things to sort out with it but overall I don't give two shits outside of the fact that most of it stinks.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife takes a thc gummy for severe sciatic nerve pain flare ups. Works wonders for her, when other OTC NSAID pain killers do nothing.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I put not sure as the response as there is a wide range of users - some people are definitely addicted and that can have serious life consequences.

As far as me, I do some edibles now and again and it's an ok experience. Definitely less destructive on the body than drinking.

If I did it regularly I'd gain a bunch of weight as the munchies hit me hard when high.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
DEFINITELY haven’t smoked with CEOs, actors, you name it, you ****ing right.

Cuz ‘it smells bad’

Like ****ing Jaeger doesn’t? Or the puke that eventually comes out of every drunk? pure comedy

My mom says the same shit, but also is worried my shits ‘laced with something’ LOL
I will defer to you on that one.

My horse is not in this race but I think dope just has a stereotype about it to some people who don't understand it is changing. Is it still only used by the typical 1960's human who slept on the street, didn't shave their bush, etc...,? No. I guess it looks like the boogie man to some.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have much of an opinion either way. I was raised by boomers who said its bad bad bad.

As an adult, I can see how more severe alcoholism is vs. being stoned on marijuana.

As mentioned above, anything in excess is no good and in my shitty opinion, makes you a person not in control of himself -- regardless of what the "habit" is.

robvas

Established Member
Alcoholism is definitely a huge problem. Way worse than weed.

Coke...completely pointless. And more expensive than modding your cars!

Weed is definitely not the "miracle drug" a lot of people make it out to be. But if it helps your grandmas cancer or hip pain, it's better than getting her hooked on painkillers.

You want to open your mind? Do some shrooms and it makes edibles look like tic tacs!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I really wish Deca wouldnt have given me ****ing acne scarring that I'm just now clearing out.
It does that at first, once your body gets used to any new compound, hopefully it subsides. I went thru hell with it too when first starting out… Deca is less androgynous than test, shouldn’t really cause that as much, but different folks, different strokes…

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Better for you than booze. I don't think it's as fun as booze, but I have definitely had some hilarious nights with my wife.

I bought a little weed pen February 2022, it was still like 70% full until my sister came over to check on our cat and asked if we had one so she could have a hit.

She smoked like half of it... Oh well, I think it was only $11.

Users who are viewing this thread