Marie Tyler Moore dead At 80.

oldmodman

Established Member
Another TV star has passed away.
Star of The Mary Tyler Moore show in the 70's as well as many other TV shows. She started her career as a dancer.
She got her Academy Award nomination for her work in "Ordinary People", by Robert Redford.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I just read that. The older members will remember her saying this "Oh Rob."

Thanks. Just had to remind me of how old I am watching Laura Petrie "Oh Rob" on Black and White TV.....LOL. Sadly that was when I liked TV and Movie people. Not so much today.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks. Just had to remind me of how old I am watching Laura Petrie "Oh Rob" on Black and White TV.....LOL. Sadly that was when I liked TV and Movie people. Not so much today.
Just looked (sorry had to), you have 3 on me. I won't tell if you don't. Lol

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Just looked (sorry had to), you have 3 on me. I won't tell if you don't. Lol

Lol. Its no big deal. Its the new forty as they say. Thankfully my parents 90&91 are still around so I feel good. My dad is one of the last remaining WW2 veterans. My wife always tells me to stop acting like I am 25. I just can't....lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I, too, can remember Rob and Laura from back in the day. On black and white TV. Funny thing is that I loved watching those B&W programs. I was just happy to have ANY TV. Sad that she passed. She was a good actress and will be missed.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I, too, can remember Rob and Laura from back in the day. On black and white TV. Funny thing is that I loved watching those B&W programs. I was just happy to have ANY TV. Sad that she passed. She was a good actress and will be missed.

Yes Bob the 60's were a good time for TV and its programs even though it was mostly all B&W. I could be here all day talking about the great shows during that time period. Dick Van Dyke show was on from 61-66. I was surprised to see there are still 4 original stars from that show still alive including Dick Van Dyke.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
B&W TV was the technology of the time for us. Fortunately we had a neighbor that had a new color set, so it was a big deal seeing color.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
B&W TV was the technology of the time for us. Fortunately we had a neighbor that had a new color set, so it was a big deal seeing color.

Yes the memory of when in the late 60's some people could afford color TV's. Too bad there was only 13 VHF channels and some UHF channels but there was great shows on those channels.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Tell him to have a beer on me.
I did lousy taking German in high school. If it wasn't for a lot of guys like him I would HAVE to be speaking it today.

Thanks. My dad was a Navy man in WW2 and was in the Philippines and South Pacific during the war. He got to meet many love you long time ladies during the war.....lol.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
RIP MTM.
She was very lovely.
zgnhju7ulspnshj.jpg

FYI: When you see bedroom scenes on the Dick Van Dyke Show, you'll notice two single beds, not a queen/king. The TV sensors wouldn't allow them to be in one bed together...

CRNYwsEWgAA5urd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread