March 2 - 1/2 Mile Airstrip Roll Racing Event

racebronco2

Established Member
Well son of a bitch.. i didnt know there was games!

:( I only make 500 then.. can i change mine..lol

But seriously im more out to go fast for myself.. if i beat the car next to me great :D

I want to race every cobra attending though!

bizzmeister is out of our league unless he is on street tires:-D

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
bizzmeister is out of our league unless he is on street tires:-D

Haha, I'll be on 315/30/18 Hoosiers. I just emailed Tony with 850hp estimate since they wanted crank and I have no idea what 820whp converts to. I have no idea what its supposed to be so I just added 30hp ? lol! Using this calculator it says I should be at 940hp or something??? :shrug:

Wheel Horsepower to Crankshaft Horsepower Guestimator

racebronco2

Established Member
820 hp at the wheels
Drivetrain Rear Wheel Drive
Transmission Automatic
Guestimated Horsepower 1030hp at the crank

It really doesn't matter that much. Just race someone with similar rwhp numbers and weight.

Are we going to have anyone take any video for us? I have a camera but it mounts on the sunvisor, anyone have a go pro we can set-up on our cars.

Last edited:

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
820 hp at the wheels
Drivetrain Rear Wheel Drive
Transmission Automatic
Guestimated Horsepower 1030hp at the crank

It really doesn't matter that much. Just race someone with similar rwhp numbers and weight.

Are we going to have anyone take any video for us? I have a camera but it mounts on the sunvisor, anyone have a go pro we can set-up on our cars.

Haha, I guess auto/manual makes a huge difference too ? Im on the factory t56.

I will be recording all kinds of HD video that day. :rockon::beer:

racebronco2

Established Member
Haha, I guess auto/manual makes a huge difference too ? Im on the factory t56.

I will be recording all kinds of HD video that day. :rockon::beer:

The manual trans is about 960 flywheel but like i said it really doesn't matter, just ask the dyno numbers so you you have a close race.

laruei

Established Member
Im freaking stoked and (cant believe this is here already!)

I know racebronco you have done one of these before, any tips?

Oh and I will have 2 Go Pro's setup on my car.. front and rear...

racebronco2

Established Member
Just race someone with similar weight to rwhp. That way it's a close race. All my races have been close as long as no one has a failure or misses a shift. The mosyt i beat another car was about 5 cars, the vette shifted to fifth and i started to pull away. The most i got beat by was a 550rwhp gtr, he beat me by 3/4 of a car.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Ya'll ready ??????

32F7B11A-456C-4A2B-B917-3E0F29DC4D8D-3862-000001F887316BD0.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:I had alot of good close races but the gopro didn't work:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

racebronco2

Established Member
First this event was a blast. Whom ever wanted to go but didn't you sure missed out on a great time. I had plenty of runs, i left early. laruei had about twice as many runs than i did.

Raced my friend in his 550rwhp 2.3 whipple, beat him by about 4-6 cars.

I raced a blown 620rwhp 5.0 twice, we were even until he missed 5th gear, the second time i thought i blew up my engine, felt like it went into limp mode. wouldn't idle. Ended up being the fuse for the fuel pump wiring upgrade.

I raced 3 different m3's v8's all were around 600rwhp with the dsc trannies. I beat them by 1-3 cars.

Raced a 650hp viper, stock was 600 crank but he added long tubes and probably a tune. We started at 50mph in third gear both of us. I have the 3.27's rear bears which are perfect for these events. At 50mph i am at about 3000rpm, i instantly put somewhere around a car on him. He made that up at the top of his 3rd gear, we are now even. He shifted to forth and fell back a little but than i shifted to forth and we were even again. He had to shift to fifth but i didn't. I ended up beating him by 1/2 car.

I ran a 705 rwhp ZL1. I instantly pulled him and just kept pulling away. I kinda felt sorry for the guy. He came and talked for a few minutes and he ended up being a really nice guy. We talked about what he could do so his car wouldn't get heat soaked so quickly.

Ran an SRT8 challenger with a 2.8 kenne bell. It was worse for the challenger than it was for the camaro, mostly because he missed 4th gear.

Raced a godzilla mostly stock, 475rwhp. Started in third, he pulled about 2 cars on me. Top of third i caught him and shifted to forth and top of forth i pulled about 2 more cars on him.

Ran laruei 4 times. He beat me three times, i kept missing 3rd gear. Probably due to the wheel spin i kept getting and trying to shift into the next gear at the same time. He agreed to run my race in which we start in third geat at 50mph. I missed forth gear this time. He was kind enough to run me a forth time. I didn't miss a gear this time. I ended up beating him by about a car? If he didn't have a passenger it would've been a different story.

I guess in second gear, 4000rpms and 50mph and almost 600ft lb of tq the mt's just can't hold the tq. Even in 3rd gear, 3000rpms at 50mph i still have 550ft lb tq. With the 3.27's i can do almost 120mph in third and about 165mph in forth. I still have 500ft lb of tq at 6200rpms. With that much tq in the upper rpms it just keeps pulling.

Can't wait til laruei posts his video's. He has twice as many racers than i do.

racebronco2

Established Member
I've been to 4 of these so far. At this venue we are so far from the actual races most of the time it's hard to tell whom won.

The positive about this venue is we are able to get alot more runs in because they have a separate return road. Cars were going out about very minute or so. It was open to run as much as you wanted.

racebronco2

Established Member
I forgot to mention, it was quite interesting to see bizzmeister. The slicks just couldn't hold the power to the ground.

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
First this event was a blast. Whom ever wanted to go but didn't you sure missed out on a great time. I had plenty of runs, i left early. laruei had about twice as many runs than i did.

Raced my friend in his 550rwhp 2.3 whipple, beat him by about 4-6 cars.

I raced a blown 620rwhp 5.0 twice, we were even until he missed 5th gear, the second time i thought i blew up my engine, felt like it went into limp mode. wouldn't idle. Ended up being the fuse for the fuel pump wiring upgrade.

I raced 3 different m3's v8's all were around 600rwhp with the dsc trannies. I beat them by 1-3 cars.

Raced a 650hp viper, stock was 600 crank but he added long tubes and probably a tune. We started at 50mph in third gear both of us. I have the 3.27's rear bears which are perfect for these events. At 50mph i am at about 3000rpm, i instantly put somewhere around a car on him. He made that up at the top of his 3rd gear, we are now even. He shifted to forth and fell back a little but than i shifted to forth and we were even again. He had to shift to fifth but i didn't. I ended up beating him by 1/2 car.

I ran a 705 rwhp ZL1. I instantly pulled him and just kept pulling away. I kinda felt sorry for the guy. He came and talked for a few minutes and he ended up being a really nice guy. We talked about what he could do so his car wouldn't get heat soaked so quickly.

Ran an SRT8 challenger with a 2.8 kenne bell. It was worse for the challenger than it was for the camaro, mostly because he missed 4th gear.

Raced a godzilla mostly stock, 475rwhp. Started in third, he pulled about 2 cars on me. Top of third i caught him and shifted to forth and top of forth i pulled about 2 more cars on him.

Ran laruei 4 times. He beat me three times, i kept missing 3rd gear. Probably due to the wheel spin i kept getting and trying to shift into the next gear at the same time. He agreed to run my race in which we start in third geat at 50mph. I missed forth gear this time. He was kind enough to run me a forth time. I didn't miss a gear this time. I ended up beating him by about a car? If he didn't have a passenger it would've been a different story.

I guess in second gear, 4000rpms and 50mph and almost 600ft lb of tq the mt's just can't hold the tq. Even in 3rd gear, 3000rpms at 50mph i still have 550ft lb tq. With the 3.27's i can do almost 120mph in third and about 165mph in forth. I still have 500ft lb of tq at 6200rpms. With that much tq in the upper rpms it just keeps pulling.

Can't wait til laruei posts his video's. He has twice as many racers than i do.

I forgot to mention, it was quite interesting to see bizzmeister. The slicks just couldn't hold the power to the ground.

Haha, yesterday was effin awesome Carlos. You were rippin that Cobra of yours. You had some great runs!

Man, I hadn't had that much fun in such a long time. Traction issues aside, my first run was against a 08 C6 Z06 with a HP Twin Turbo kit, 710whp. It felt soo god damn good to beat em. It was an amazing race, you gotta see the video. Oddly enough, the first run was the only clean run I had where traction loss wasn't at the point where I was halfway sides at 90+mph. So far I only have an outside view. But I have a lot more video coming a little later today.

[youtube_browser]yq4ZTRIOkuA[/youtube_browser]

I badly need a 15" wheel with the best tire/suspension combo out there at my power level. It was getting frustrating. I had an all day battle going with a 900whp Supra trying to get a clean run in, just couldn't do it! His boost by gear tune was killing me! He was running 40+lbs of boost on E85 on a built motor with his, I think 64mm turbo. He was pushing it past the limit, something broke at the end for that guy. Great guy, hope its not too bad and he was able to make it home. He is local so we will try to get some runs in :rockon:

I also had a couple runs with a 750whp Vortech Supercharged C5 Z. Great guy, really fun runs. Was still going sideways at 80+mph but I stayed in it and won. Also caught that on video from all angles, amazing stuff.

Overall, AWESOME EVENT.

:rockon:

-Arbi

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
It was entertaining just to see the make your runs. I haven't seen this many high hp cobra's in a while. Waiting on the video's.

iggster

Established Member
His boost by gear tune was killing me! He was running 40+lbs of boost on E85 on a built motor with his, I think 64mm turbo. He was pushing it past the limit, something broke at the end for that guy. Great guy, hope its not too bad and he was able to make it home. He is local so we will try to get some runs in :rockon:

I think that is frank, precision 6466, wonder what he broke? I think he is around 950rwhp now.

Users who are viewing this thread