Marauder as a daily driver?

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
90,000mi clear title. Its in Jackson, MS

Yea that's a few too many miles for me. Picking up a clear title '03 with 74k for 8500 this weekend. Of course it's black, but I can't spend more money for a color. Not to mention, I like black.

If the OP is ok with that many miles, it's a decent price, but I'd hold out for something lower. Realistically if I had found one with 50-60k on it for $9500 I would've jumped.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Yea that's a few too many miles for me. Picking up a clear title '03 with 74k for 8500 this weekend. Of course it's black, but I can't spend more money for a color. Not to mention, I like black.

If the OP is ok with that many miles, it's a decent price, but I'd hold out for something lower. Realistically if I had found one with 50-60k on it for $9500 I would've jumped.

Wish I could find a 74k mi clean Marauder local for that price.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

Blue cars come with the factory equipped "I'm better then all the other marauder owners because my color is the rarest" ego. Thats why they are worth more. :lol1:

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
Blue cars come with the factory equipped "I'm better then all the other marauder owners because my color is the rarest" ego. Thats why they are worth more. :lol1:

Or maybe it's because they are more rare. Maybe that's why they are worth more. My dad has a blue & doesn't think he is better than anyone. He actually likes the DTR, just found a good deal on a blue. And all the blue owners from MM.net that I've met at the Louisville meet don't think they're better than anyone else, or at least that I've noticed.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Or maybe it's because they are more rare. Maybe that's why they are worth more. My dad has a blue & doesn't think he is better than anyone. He actually likes the DTR, just found a good deal on a blue. And all the blue owners from MM.net that I've met at the Louisville meet don't think they're better than anyone else, or at least that I've noticed.

Black = "only real marauder"

Silver = "fastest, cause silver is always the fastest color"

Blue = "Best, cause only 328 were made, thats why we have our own blues brothers group"

DTR = "Screw you guys"

Read mm.net more :read: :-D

I also always laugh at how, when DBP was first released on the marauder, the general opinion was "it sucks", now its the greatest thing to happen to the marauder since the marauder was created :lol1:

[ame=http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=657]Pearl Blue Marauder Pic - MercuryMarauder.net Forums[/ame]

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
Black = "only real marauder"

Silver = "fastest, cause silver is always the fastest color"

Blue = "Best, cause only 328 were made, thats why we have our own blues brothers group"

DTR = "Screw you guys"

Read mm.net more :read: :-D

I also always laugh at how, when DBP was first released on the marauder, the general opinion was "it sucks", now its the greatest thing to happen to the marauder since the marauder was created :lol1:

Pearl Blue Marauder Pic - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

I don't get on MM.net any, seeing how I don't have a MM. I'm just going off what I have observed first hand. I like all of them, black a little more than the rest. I really want one but my other half throws a fit every time I mention it and says they look like grandma cars. It just starts an argument cause I think they are one of the best looking cars ever produced.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I don't get on MM.net any, seeing how I don't have a MM.

Thats ok, not everyone on mm.net has a marauder. They have people like guittard22 that are obtaining a marauder by building it part by part from what they find on ebay and in the for sale section :lol:

Thinking they are one of the best looking cars ever produced is definitely putting you in the correct mindset of a marauder owner :beer: Next, any time you want to talk about the car, you have to type MARAUDER, like it says on the back bumper :-D

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
Thats ok, not everyone on mm.net has a marauder. They have people like guittard22 that are obtaining a marauder by building it part by part from what they find on ebay and in the for sale section :lol:

Thinking they are one of the best looking cars ever produced is definitely putting you in the correct mindset of a marauder owner :beer: Next, any time you want to talk about the car, you have to type MARAUDER, like it says on the back bumper :-D

Lol I'll remember that. And I have an account there, just never get on. I want to sell/trade my 03 HD for one by April so I can take it to Louisville.

BOSS324

Established Member
The Marauder is the perfect DD! I even DD my BOSS50 Stroker; I get 260-270 a tank but when stock was more like 290-300. Like others have said tune, CAI and 4.10s and long tubes. After that everything else is gonna cost you with little gains; after those Eaton swap. Good luck finding one lots out there but you might have to travel a bit to find the right one.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Here's a Marauder I'd rather daily drive......lol

[youtube_browser]cDoRmT0iRic[/youtube_browser]

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
The Marauder is the perfect DD! I even DD my BOSS50 Stroker; I get 260-270 a tank but when stock was more like 290-300. Like others have said tune, CAI and 4.10s and long tubes. After that everything else is gonna cost you with little gains; after those Eaton swap. Good luck finding one lots out there but you might have to travel a bit to find the right one.

Just curious, with a monster longblock like you have, why not run a big blower and more than double your power?

Having built these motors, that's a really pricey build, and a stock motor with an M112 would make more. Cool motor, reminds me of the my old turbo build except it was 5.4L based with a stock stroke.

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
These kind of threads always makes me wonder:
1. How many more Marauders would they have sold if they came with the terminator motor from the factory?
2. How much more would they be worth now?

My dad's supercharged one is the perfect car. Lots of space, decent enough gas mileage, and plenty of speed. And looks good to boot.

DSC_0466.jpg

BOSS324

Established Member
Just curious, with a monster longblock like you have, why not run a big blower and more than double your power?

Having built these motors, that's a really pricey build, and a stock motor with an M112 would make more. Cool motor, reminds me of the my old turbo build except it was 5.4L based with a stock stroke.

Thanks man. Yes SC its in the plans, but damn money just went poof...built trans (600hp) and full exhaust last year pretty much delayed my plans. I am wanting to do a Vortech A2A (Cali CARB) be around 600rwhp for the street. Even as is 370ft of torque is FUN:D

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
1. How many more Marauders would they have sold if they came with the terminator motor from the factory?

A lot of people were holding out for the supercharger option that Elena Ford put her foot down on and denied. I'm sure that would justify the 35-45k sticker price if it also made 390hp.

As far as value? I'm sure the resale would hold better, but it is a panther platform car after all, and no panther platform car really holds value to well.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Never_Enough, if you are looking for a boosted 03, I have a very nice Trilogy supercharged Marauder with just a tick over 100K miles, Almost all highway too and the car has been in owned since new by my friend here in town. I just purchased it last November and stored it for the winter, but with three Marauders I am looking for a new car as a DD and hate getting this one out unless it's really nice out.

It has widened rear wheels, Pioneer stereo, heated seats, a stock Trilogy supercharger installed, 4.10 gears and the paint is a good 9 out of 10. Also has new Nitto's 555s all the way around. Looking to $15500.

PM me if you want more info.

Cheers!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Never_Enough, if you are looking for a boosted 03, I have a very nice Trilogy supercharged Marauder with just a tick over 100K miles, Almost all highway too and the car has been in owned since new by my friend here in town. I just purchased it last November and stored it for the winter, but with three Marauders I am looking for a new car as a DD and hate getting this one out unless it's really nice out.

It has widened rear wheels, Pioneer stereo, heated seats, a stock Trilogy supercharger installed, 4.10 gears and the paint is a good 9 out of 10. Also has new Nitto's 555s all the way around. Looking to $15500.

PM me if you want more info.

Cheers!

I'm spending under $10k, but sounds like a nice car.

Going to NJ next weekend to look at a 172k mile Silver 2003 for $7k.
Supposed to be picking up my Silver C6 next week too. Would be quite the week if I ended up buying 2 silver cars.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
7 grand for 172k miles!? Without even seeing the car I can say its worth 5 tops. I hope its online because I'm gonna look for it

Edit: I'll take a wild guess and say its the one on mm.net. It doesn't look bad, for a DD it'd be great. I can see the headlight housings are hazed over but thats becoming typical of high mileage MM's.

If you are coming up the weekend of the 31st to look at this car, shoot me a PM of where it is and when you are going, maybe we can meet up and I can go with you to check it out.

I almost want to say I've seen this car before due to the spoiler......

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
7 grand for 172k miles!? Without even seeing the car I can say its worth 5 tops. I hope its online because I'm gonna look for it

Edit: I'll take a wild guess and say its the one on mm.net. It doesn't look bad, for a DD it'd be great. I can see the headlight housings are hazed over but thats becoming typical of high mileage MM's.

If you are coming up the weekend of the 31st to look at this car, shoot me a PM of where it is and when you are going, maybe we can meet up and I can go with you to check it out.

I almost want to say I've seen this car before due to the spoiler......

Yes, the 1 one MM.net. All it will be is my daily. I just picked up a C6 to play with. Sending PM.

EATONSWAPPEDDTR

Established Member

My dad's supercharged one is the perfect car. Lots of space, decent enough gas mileage, and plenty of speed. And looks good to boot.

DSC_0466.jpg

Any more pics of your dads Eaton swapped Mm? I see few differences compared to mine.
Just curious is all.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Users who are viewing this thread