Marauder as a daily driver?

Blown38

Established Member
My Dad has one FS. Needs some paint work and rear tires. I do have a good hood I would swap on to take care of the crows feet on that panel. The roof and trunk need paint and there is a chip in the corner of the front bumper. Car has 81k miles. Interior is clean.

Never_Enough

Established Member
My Dad has one FS. Needs some paint work and rear tires. I do have a good hood I would swap on to take care of the crows feet on that panel. The roof and trunk need paint and there is a chip in the corner of the front bumper. Car has 81k miles. Interior is clean.

PM sent

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member
My father in law drives an '03 Marauder that he bought new. I installed an Eaton off of an '04 Terminator 2 years ago. Has 4.10's also. I think it put about 385hp to the ground with the stock exhaust. Tuner said there's another 50-60 whp to be had if we dump the silly restrictive h-pipe that looks like its the diameter of a straw. He also had some trans work done after the sc install, not because of issues, but to prevent them. It firmed up the shifts, but can't remember the specifics of the job.

He drives it every day and has around 90k on it and loves it. He shoots me an email every once in a while to let me know what a fine machine it is.

Has had a few minor issues like the lighting control module go bad, but other than that it's been a solid car.

I've considered one as a dd myself on several occasions.

Good luck.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
My WTB thread got trolled fast over there. Seems like quite a few e-thugs.

Really? I'll have to take a look. Yeah some of them think they are real badasses. The site has really gone down hill over the years.

Has had a few minor issues like the lighting control module go bad, but other than that it's been a solid car.

Yeah the LCM is a common and annoying issue, but its easily fixed. I'm looking to do an eaton swap on my car, hope I can muster out more then 385 with my stock exhaust, I'm hoping to hit 400 and my friend whose done two swaps assures me it'll be cake.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Really? I'll have to take a look. Yeah some of them think they are real badasses. The site has really gone down hill over the years.
I reported the posts & a mod cleaned it up. Bunch of folks came in to trash me b/c I simply put clean title under $10k. The think they need to know every little detail when they don't have a car to sell me.

Yeah the LCM is a common and annoying issue, but its easily fixed. I'm looking to do an eaton swap on my car, hope I can muster out more then 385 with my stock exhaust, I'm hoping to hit 400 and my friend whose done two swaps assures me it'll be cake.
LCM?

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
I reported the posts & a mod cleaned it up. Bunch of folks came in to trash me b/c I simply put clean title under $10k. The think they need to know every little detail when they don't have a car to sell me.

LCM?

I find that specific enthusiast forums often value the cars a lot more than market value, and find it insulting when you suggest they aren't worth that.

I'm in the midst of a deal for 74k mile '03 300A car. Good luck on your search.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I find that specific enthusiast forums often value the cars a lot more than market value, and find it insulting when you suggest they aren't worth that.

A lot of people on mm.net still think the marauder is the best car ford ever made. Especially the original owners. They paid anywhere from 35-45k new and now the car is worth 5 to 14 :lol:

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
A lot of people on mm.net still think the marauder is the best car ford ever made. Especially the original owners. They paid anywhere from 35-45k new and now the car is worth 5 to 14 :lol:

I own a Viper. Enuff said. Things have an 80-110k sticker price and sell for 60-75k after 1 year!

Unfortunately some, a small minority, of other owners think that gives them the right to be arrogant and classless to others. There's also a hierarchy of those with the higher end models down to those with older models. But no matter which they own, they're all better than a 'vette owner or Porsche owner. Those guys have silly sissy add ons like "Traction Control" and "Heated Seats" or "Cup holders."

I don't think they liked when I said my cupholder was almost the perfect size:
732684504_photobucket_35180_.jpg

(Note the car is on our dyno, I don't advocate drinking and driving!)

Last edited:

Siege

Established Member
I daily drive my 2003 Marauder and absolutely love it. My commute is 100 miles round trip all interstate and I average 24MPG if I can keep it under 75MPH. Due to the rarity of the car most people mistake it for a police car and will get out of the fast lane quickly when you approach.

The interior at speed is very quiet and with the full frame is durable.

Definitely get a tune to fix the shift schedule if nothing else. I got mine from Alternative Auto and couldn't be more pleased.

I doubt I'll be getting 24MPG once the Trilogy is installed. :pepper:

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking to do an eaton swap on my car, hope I can muster out more then 385 with my stock exhaust, I'm hoping to hit 400 and my friend whose done two swaps assures me it'll be cake.

Then maybe when we line up again, you might push the go pedal down this time. :rolling:

Never_Enough

Established Member

If you know of others for sale, let me know! GL w/yours. :banana:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Looks like MA guy wants to keep trying to get the asking $ that no one seems to want to give him. Oh well, back to square one.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Never Enough...good luck with your search. There are plenty MARAUDERS to be had out there from 7,500K and up. As well as high mileage stockers to already supercharged with "goodies". You can have mine...when you pry my cold, dead fingers from the wheel...

Oh...and MM.Net is nothing but losers and 3rd to 4th+ generation owners that have nothing to offer...

blckRadda

Established Member
never enough check CL in Philadelphia, you are destined to fine one for the price range for they seem to be all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread