Marauder as a daily driver?

Never_Enough

Established Member
Drove a 2004 Marauder today & really liked it. Guess I should since I've had 5 Mustangs & am looking for another 4V Cobra.

Definitely needs some 4.10s. Felt like the trans was slipping in the one I drove. Do these cars have trans issues a lot? When I went WOT, once up to about 45 MPH, the car would seemingly pause then violently jerk then the power would really come on & it would accelerate as it should.

I registered on the forums @ MercuryMarauder.net, but I'm not allowed to post yet. Are there any other good Marauder forums?

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
MM.net is the best! Great guys there! My dad has a 03 MM and put a eaton w/ stage 4 port on it & hasn't had any Trans problems. I love the MM's. They are great looking cars & comfortable! I would recommend one to you man! Just look out for early 03 models as they had paint problems from acid rain or something of that sort. Great cars though!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Drove a 2004 Marauder today & really liked it. Guess I should since I've had 5 Mustangs & am looking for another 4V Cobra.

Definitely needs some 4.10s. Felt like the trans was slipping in the one I drove. Do these cars have trans issues a lot? When I went WOT, once up to about 45 MPH, the car would seemingly pause then violently jerk then the power would really come on & it would accelerate as it should.

I registered on the forums @ MercuryMarauder.net, but I'm not allowed to post yet. Are there any other good Marauder forums?

They don't really have any abnormal trans issues, the 04's have a 4R75W which is a stout trans. What you felt was the lame stock shifting schedule. If you buy a marauder, I suggest getting a tune ASAP. The stock tune is designed to hunt for gears to obtain the best MPG. My car used to be locked in O/D at 25mph, it was retarded. I have a Xcal3 can tune from alternative auto in michigan and love it.

As far as forums go, personally I like hanging out here more then I ever did on any of the panther forums :lol1: they've gone down hill in the past few years. The other marauder site is Motor City Marauders - Powered by vBulletin, they are actually listed on the ford performance group website.

The 3 things people always do first, myself included, is an intake, tune and 4.10's. The tune definitely makes a huge difference and the 4.10's really helped get rid of that sub 3000RPM dead spot.

These cars are definitely perfect for DD'ing. In fact I've been back to daily driving mine for a bit, since my truck needs a couple small things I haven't had time to do yet. I used to DD it in high school in all weather conditions with no problem.

Any chance you can post a link to the car you looked at?

You could also join CVN, it may take some time for your acct to be approved. Just keep in mind other panther owners tend to clash with marauder owners, I guess in the same way that impala SS owners clash with caprice/roadmaster/fleetwood owners.

Never_Enough

Established Member
They don't really have any abnormal trans issues, the 04's have a 4R75W which is a stout trans. What you felt was the lame stock shifting schedule. If you buy a marauder, I suggest getting a tune ASAP. The stock tune is designed to hunt for gears to obtain the best MPG. My car used to be locked in O/D at 25mph, it was retarded. I have a Xcal3 can tune from alternative auto in michigan and love it.

As far as forums go, personally I like hanging out here more then I ever did on any of the panther forums :lol1: they've gone down hill in the past few years. The other marauder site is Motor City Marauders - Powered by vBulletin, they are actually listed on the ford performance group website.

The 3 things people always do first, myself included, is an intake, tune and 4.10's. The tune definitely makes a huge difference and the 4.10's really helped get rid of that sub 3000RPM dead spot.

These cars are definitely perfect for DD'ing. In fact I've been back to daily driving mine for a bit, since my truck needs a couple small things I haven't had time to do yet. I used to DD it in high school in all weather conditions with no problem.

Any chance you can post a link to the car you looked at?

You could also join CVN, it may take some time for your acct to be approved. Just keep in mind other panther owners tend to clash with marauder owners, I guess in the same way that impala SS owners clash with caprice/roadmaster/fleetwood owners.

Want to sell it? ;)

This is what I looked at:
Cars for Sale: 2004 Mercury Marauder in Lansdale, PA 19446: Sedan Details - 312481800 - AutoTrader.com

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Hah, its almost my car stock, only has 2000 more miles to.

Haggle with them a bit, NADA clean retail is about 14, however if that car was for sale on a forum it'd probably be for 13. Make sure you get a carfax or autocheck for it. I don't see anything abnormal about the car, looks pretty clean to me.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I daily drive my bone stock 03 marauder real comfortable not that bad on gas just like any car it needs maintanance here and there

musclemerc

Established Member
Sorry guys but there is only 1 true Marauder tech forum on the world wide web and its

http://www.chicagosvt.com

You wont get BS answers like on MM.net
You wont end up on a dead forum like on MCM.com

All MM tech, all the time. PERIOD! :rolling:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Sorry guys but there is only 1 true Marauder tech forum on the world wide web and its

http://www.chicagosvt.com

You wont get BS answers like on MM.net
You wont end up on a dead forum like on MCM.com

All MM tech, all the time. PERIOD! :rolling:

the answers on MM.net aren't BS. They are regarded as fact, until a few years later, someone makes a discovery that takes that fact and flips it 180 degrees. Then everyone starts believing something else, and if you ever bring up that past "fact", you are called an idiot that doesn't know anything about marauders and told to go die in a fire. Thats how it works over there :-D

2002- 2007 - Eaton swaps are impossible, buy a trilogy

2008 - Just because Zack can do an eaton swap, doesn't mean you can. buy a trilogy instead

2009-2011 - Eaton swap FTW!

musclemerc

Established Member
The answer to 80% of the questions a noob would ask has mostly these types of replys:
Clean the MAF
Clean the IAT sensor
Try some Seafoam

Show me 1 recent writeup with some REAL tech info that was posted in the past month.

Non existant!!

However you will get ALOT of homosexual innuendo, thats what she said, and President bashing

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
What is the typical gas mileage for these cars. I need a DD when I get back.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The answer to 80% of the questions a noob would ask has mostly these types of replys:
Clean the MAF
Clean the IAT sensor
Try some Seafoam

Show me 1 recent writeup with some REAL tech info that was posted in the past month.

Non existant!!

However you will get ALOT of homosexual innuendo, thats what she said, and President bashing

You forgot "Change COP's" :D

What is the typical gas mileage for these cars. I need a DD when I get back.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Before my 4.10's the best I got was 18 mixed and 26 highway and that was with an intake and tune.

Trying to buy a MM in MA for $7k right now

good luck :beer:

musclemerc

Established Member
^^^ Your right I did forget that one.

Question: Hey guys I'm having a strange noise coming from the rear end, any suggestions where to start?

Answer: Did you clean the MAF?
Next answer: Try a new set of COPs.
Afterwards: Try some Seafoam

LOL!!!!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
^^^ Your right I did forget that one.

Question: Hey guys I'm having a strange noise coming from the rear end, any suggestions where to start?

Answer: Did you clean the MAF?
Next answer: Try a new set of COPs.
Afterwards: Try some Seafoam

LOL!!!!

I'd have to say thats pretty much spot on :read:

Users who are viewing this thread