Manufacturer 84 at 0%

sleek98

Established Member
I sold my 2018 Tundra that I bought in December for a 3,600 profit. Put 5,500 miles on it and decided I don't drive it enough to keep paying insurance on. Truck prices are crazy right now.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I sold my 2018 Tundra that I bought in December for a 3,600 profit. Put 5,500 miles on it and decided I don't drive it enough to keep paying insurance on. Truck prices are crazy right now.

Ford dealer just offered me 2500 more than I paid for my '18 F-150 that was purchased last October. I was shocked.
I put 20k miles on mine and it needs new tires.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
AutoNation approves new contract with Mike Jackson as Chairman and CEO
Jul. 14, 2020 10:08 AM ET|About: AutoNation, Inc. (AN)|By: Vandana Singh, SA News Editor

AutoNation (AN +1.1%) announces that Mike Jackson will serve as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, through April 2022, and the company plans to name a successor in early 2022.

Mr. Jackson will retire from AutoNation upon the appointment of the new CEO.

Former CEO, Cheryl Miller has decided not to return from her leave of absence announced in April, and has resigned as of July 14. She has also resigned from the Board of Directors.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford gains after Bronco reveal draws notice
Jul. 14, 2020 1:25 PM ET|About: Ford Motor Company (F)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Ford (F +4.6%) trades higher after the splashy introduction of the new Ford Bronco family, which includes a two-door version, a four-door version and the smaller Bronco Sport.

Under the hood: "The Badlands and First Edition series are powered by a 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine that produces a targeted best-in-class 245 horsepower and 275 lb.-ft. of torque for high-speed off-road performance. Base, Big Bend and Outer Banks series feature the proven 1.5-liter EcoBoost engine with a targeted 181 horsepower and 190 lb.-ft. of torque. Both engines are paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission, while Bronco Sport Badlands and First Edition add SelectShift with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters to help drivers maximize control both on- and off-road. A cooling system with additional transmission and rear-drive coolers keeps 2.0-liter models running strong over tough terrain."

Consumer Reports calls the new Bronco a mashup of the original and the latest Jeep Wrangler, with a dash of Land Rover Defender.

"The Bronco will never be able to claim a long, rich Jeep-like heritage, but vintage Broncos have cultivated a following. Factor in the massive fan base for the Ford brand and there is a ready-made market for just such a vehicle," says CR.

The Bronco arrival coincides with Ford being the most popular name on Robinhood in terms of the number of accounts holding the stock. Ford is also likely to be the first stock on the platform to top 1M accounts.

kaz109

Established Member
Just put a deposit on the Badlands 2 dr due next summer. Ordered from a small town dealer. I’m 9th or 10th in line.

Was busy with work so I didn't really need to talk myself out of doing the same on a wikdtrak 4dr....but tomorrow is a new day. I feel like I have too many deposit dropped everywhere lol

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition is sold out
Jul. 15, 2020 5:01 AM ET|About: Ford Motor Company (F)|By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor

All 3,500 reservation slots for the most expensive version of the 2021 Ford (NYSE:F) Bronco have already been taken.

The 2-door model starts at $59,305, nearly double the base Bronco's price, while the 4-door at $63,500.

It's a good sign of demand for the retro SUV, which is furthering the Blue Oval's push into the off-road adventure category.

The Bronco would contribute nearly $1B to Ford's North American operations if sales reach 125,000 units, according to Credit Suisse.

Ford is up another 1.4% premarket to $6.45/share, following a 5% climb on Tuesday.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Damn, I think I found a deal on a courtesy 2020 F-150 XLT crew MSRP 55,410 Sale price $40,368. $28,500 for my 16 xlt crew with 33,000 miles. Hmmmmm Pretty much identical to my current truck only it has NAV. $13,626 OTD

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Damn, I think I found a deal on a courtesy 2020 F-150 XLT crew MSRP 55,410 Sale price $40,368. $28,500 for my 16 xlt crew with 33,000 miles. Hmmmmm Pretty much identical to my current truck only it has NAV. $13,626 OTD
Sounds like you have a perfectly good truck and the nav can be added....

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
AutoNation gains after pandemic execution impresses and expansion stays on track
Jul. 23, 2020 10:10 AM ET|About: AutoNation, Inc. (AN)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

AutoNation (AN +5.3%) rallies after reporting same store revenue of -17.1% for the new vehicle business in Q2 and -2.4% for the used vehicle business.

Despite the pandemic pressures, adjusted EPS from continuing operations was at a record high.

SG&A as a percentage of gross profit came in at 68.2%, and AutoNation says it will continue to target holding the mark at 69% or lower on a long-term basis.

AutoNation isn't pulling back on expansion plans. The company wants to build more AutoNation USA stand-alone pre-owned vehicle sales and service centers. AutoNation also plans to build at least 20 additional stores over the next three years. Digital capabilities are also being built out due to the shift in consumer behavior amid the pandemic.

Previously: AutoNation EPS beats by $1.04, beats on revenue (July 23)

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Railway issue in Mexico hits Ford
Jul. 23, 2020 9:47 AM ET|About: Ford Motor Company (F)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Ford (F +0.1%) is facing a new challenge in Mexico outside of the pandemic. The company's Mexico unit disclosed that a railway blockade in the border state of Sonora is affecting operations at its Hermosillo plant in the same state, as well as cutting into imports and exports to and from the U.S.

The blockade over social conditions for members of the local the Yaqui indigenous community is impacting the Mexicali-California and the Nogales-Arizona border crossings.

Ford is already having issues in Mexico with engine production.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
JPMorgan sees auto dealers as attractive, singles out AutoNation
Jul. 24, 2020 9:08 AM ET|About: AutoNation, Inc. (AN)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

JPMorgan upgrades AutoNation (AN +7.6%) to an Overweight rating from Neutral on its view that execution remains strong and SG&A torque will drive substantial revisions to forward earnings. Upside from balance sheet deployment, buybacks primarily in the near term and AutoNation USA expansion longer term, are also noted.

"We think the COVID-19 pandemic and Fed actions have ironically made the sector fundamentally more attractive with a much improved cost structure, better balance sheet profile and potential for larger well capitalized players, including AN, that are uniquely positioned to participate and extract value from the move to omni-channel offerings in a fragmented space."

That sounds like there could be opportunities for CarMax (NYSE:KMX), Lithia Motors (NYSE:LAD), Vroom (NASDAQ:VRM), Cars.com (NYSE:CARS), Group 1 Automotive (NYSE:GPI), Sonic Automotive (NYSE:SAH) and America's Car-Mart (NASDAQ:CRMT) to also make a splash.

Users who are viewing this thread