MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Hey guys! I just got my Mantic 9000 Series Ceremetalic clutch in! I did an unboxing so you guys can get an idea of what comes in the box and of course a look at that fancy james bond case it comes in. The kit comes with a throw out bearing, flywheel, flywheel bolts, clutch alignment tool, and the clutch itself with all necessary hardware. I got the 26 Spline version. I will be swapping in the input shaft at the same time.

I chose this clutch over the RST that I actually have sitting in the garage. This clutch is rated for 1000 HP crank (about 825rwhp). I plan to drag race the car street and strip. The clutch works well for slipping the clutch. I plan to keep the car IRS and make somewhere over 700rwhp in the near future and it currently makes 605rwhp.

Link to Mantic Clutch: http://goo.gl/Q4bFVa

Here is the video:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks decent, but my dyad looks just as good if not better. In the end, the only thing that matters is how well it performs.

I should do a video showing the dyad as a comparison. But it doesn't have a pretty box...

That's a lot of coin for the hp rating.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I've herd some good things about this clutch, popular with the LS crowd. I believe theirs a forum member "03 Indy Cobra" that has this clutch setup and speaks highly of it. Cool looking case but a bit pricey.

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
McLeod has the RXT 1200 HD twin disc clutch rated to hold 1200 HP that retails for a bit over a grand.

It would be interesting to see the difference between the RXT 1200 HD and Mantic clucthes as the Mantic part comes in at aproximatly $1K more that the McLeod unit.

cj428mach

Established Member
The RXT maybe rated for 1000hp but when its really pushed it fails. Malcolm toasted his, Gabe toasted his, and many others. I believe Malcolm said McLeod offers a heavier duty version of the RXT and he was having his rebuilt to those specs.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious why clutches are rated more so on hp than torque?

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
The RXT maybe rated for 1000hp but when its really pushed it fails. Malcolm toasted his, Gabe toasted his, and many others. I believe Malcolm said McLeod offers a heavier duty version of the RXT and he was having his rebuilt to those specs.

Yep, HD is rated for 1200hp

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I've herd some good things about this clutch, popular with the LS crowd. I believe theirs a forum member "03 Indy Cobra" that has this clutch setup and speaks highly of it. Cool looking case but a bit pricey.

Sorry I am late to this thread. I was one of the first 03-04 Cobras to try the Mantic clutch. I was kind of the the guinea pig per say. I went with this clutch based off reviews from the ls crowd and a few s197 and S550 mustangs that had these clutches. I choose this clutch for one reason, DRIVE-ABILITY. I am really picky about aftermarket parts changing the drive-ability of my car especially something like a clutch. I wanted a clutch that could hold the power my car makes and have the drive-ability of the stock clutch. I also wanted a clutch that had sprung hub discs and didn't chatter or make any noise. For awhile I didn't think it was going to be possible to have my cake and eat it too and find such a clutch until I started talking to Mantic. The things I really like about the Mantic is one, it measures about the same size from the back of the flywheel to the top of the pressure plate as the stock clutch and flywheel, so there was no need for an after market pivot ball. I even purchased two different size Lakewood pivot balls just in case but I didn't need them so I sent them back. Two, both discs are sprung hub which was something that was important to me. Three, I wanted to be able to slip it like the stock clutch. I didn't want a clutch that was an on off type clutch. I decided to go with the sprung hub 26 spline cerametallic disc kit and all I can say is this clutch is awesome. It doesn't chatter or make any noise. I can't even really tell that there is a clutch in the car except for the lighter pedal and that the clutch is a little grabbier than the stock clutch, but in a good way. I am really glad I decided to go with this clutch. The clutch has been in the car since July and I haven't fully broken it in yet(cars is in winter storage) but the Mantic rep told me the drive-ability will even get better after it's fully broken in. I am happy that I went with this clutch. If for some reason the drive-ability does happen to get better it will be a bonus. Hope this helps anyone looking at this clutch.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Sorry I am late to this thread. I was one of the first 03-04 Cobras to try the Mantic clutch. I was kind of the the guinea pig per say. I went with this clutch based off reviews from the ls crowd and a few s197 and S550 mustangs that had these clutches. I choose this clutch for one reason, DRIVE-ABILITY. I am really picky about aftermarket parts changing the drive-ability of my car especially something like a clutch. I wanted a clutch that could hold the power my car makes and have the drive-ability of the stock clutch. I also wanted a clutch that had sprung hub discs and didn't chatter or make any noise. For awhile I didn't think it was going to be possible to have my cake and eat it too and find such a clutch until I started talking to Mantic. The things I really like about the Mantic is one, it measures about the same size from the back of the flywheel to the top of the pressure plate as the stock clutch and flywheel, so there was no need for an after market pivot ball. I even purchased two different size Lakewood pivot balls just in case but I didn't need them so I sent them back. Two, both discs are sprung hub which was something that was important to me. Three, I wanted to be able to slip it like the stock clutch. I didn't want a clutch that was an on off type clutch. I decided to go with the sprung hub 26 spline cerametallic disc kit and all I can say is this clutch is awesome. It doesn't chatter or make any noise. I can't even really tell that there is a clutch in the car except for the lighter pedal and that the clutch is a little grabbier than the stock clutch, but in a good way. I am really glad I decided to go with this clutch. The clutch has been in the car since July and I haven't fully broken it in yet(cars is in winter storage) but the Mantic rep told me the drive-ability will even get better after it's fully broken in. I am happy that I went with this clutch. If for some reason the drive-ability does happen to get better it will be a bonus. Hope this helps anyone looking at this clutch.
Where have you been hiding?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's an excellent review Indy. As pricey as the Mantic clutch is, it seems like it could be worth the extra coin. It would be even better if they canned the silly case to reduce their packaging cost and pass that savings along to the consumer. Just sayin!

Users who are viewing this thread