Mandatory Black Box in All New Cars

dpotter

Established Member
I'm sure it will be a federal offense to tamper with or disable such a snooper device.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Wow total bull...It sucks that we have to pay high prices in gas, taxes and tolls on the road, law enforcement giving out tickets for anything, now installing black boxes on cars to monitor what they do...

Best comment:
"You're missing the point. Why should any of us have to pay for these devices when we buy the car, then have to go thru the trouble to remove a device that the Constitution doesn't permit in the first place. Big brother is out of control and a new American Revolution may be necessary to clean up the police state we find ourselves in.

What they're doing is wrong, and illegal".

oilwell1415

Established Member
Makers have been installing Event Data Recorders in cars for ~10 years.
Only thing new here is the gov't is getting involved. If they start issuing readers to patrol units than I'll stick with an older car.

Interesting web page:
http://www.harristechnical.com/downloads/cdrlist.pdf

+1. This is nothing new, been around forever. Apparently they would have been better off to keep their mouths shut about it because people who don't know the box is there don't mess with it. Cars have been impartial witnesses to accidents since the turn of the century.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
So what happens when you go to the track? Are we to assume that the global positioning on these boxes would be able to realize where we are? (open track, strip, autoX...)
I don't know if I could deal with multiple 130 mph tickets on highway six (TWS)...

Users who are viewing this thread