Man stabs 5 officers... lives

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/massachusetts-man-stabs-five-officers-173254584.html
TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who sped away during a traffic stop led police on a chase that ended with him crashing into a home and then stabbing five officers, including the local police chief, before he was arrested, authorities said.

The Taunton police officers were injured trying to take Douglas Hagerty, 35, of Lakeville, Massachusetts, into custody Tuesday night. One officer suffered slash wounds to the face, neck and back and was taken to a hospital in Boston, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) to the north.

The other four, including an officer who was stabbed in the arm, were treated at a local hospital. Among them was Police Chief Edward Walsh, who responded to the scene because he lived nearby. He was stabbed in the stomach and was treated and released.

Police did not immediately provide an update on the condition of the officer sent to a Boston hospital.

According to police, Taunton officers tried to pull over Hagerty, whom they accused of driving erratically. Hagerty initially stopped before speeding off and nearly striking an officer. During the chase, Hagerty drove directly at a cruiser, hit another before he crashed into the home of a relative. Police pursued Hagerty into the house, where he pulled out a knife and allegedly stabbed the officers.

Hagerty was arrested and taken to a local hospital for treatment of injuries to his hand. He was arraigned Wednesday in Taunton District Court and is being held without bail. A dangerousness hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 17. Hagerty faces multiple charges, including assault and battery with intent to murder and three counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

This guy must have a horseshoe up his butt. Any other police dept would have smoked him without hesitancy.

MG0h3

Established Member
Can’t believe this stuff still happens.

So many instances on video that show what can happen. Gets talked about at training over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Can’t believe this stuff still happens.

So many instances on video that show what can happen. Gets talked about at training over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Do you think a lot agencies have their hands tied nowadays with regard to deadly force with all the defund the police bullshit going on?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you think a lot agencies have their hands tied nowadays with regard to deadly force with all the defund the police bullshit going on?
Only when it's a black person, this guy is white. They could have shot him and no one would have blinked twice.

MG0h3

Established Member

No, not at all.

I don’t know if you’d really think about that in the moment. And I mean when seconds count, not when you’re positionally asphyxiating someone for 8 mins.

Our use of force policy has been slightly revised over the years but I don’t see it as more restrictive. Typically the verbiage just changes based on case law.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
No, not at all.

I don’t know if you’d really think about that in the moment. And I mean when seconds count, not when you’re positionally asphyxiating someone for 8 mins.

Our use of force policy has been slightly revised over the years but I don’t see it as more restrictive. Typically the verbiage just changes based on case law.

I didn’t really think that was the case, just wondering why this guy isn’t room temperature after stabbing multiple officers..

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I didn’t really think that was the case, just wondering why this guy isn’t room temperature after stabbing multiple officers..

Every time we do any less lethal and use of force training, the instructor has a fresh video of something like this.

Last one I remember was a dude in a park at night. Waving a knife around.

Cops show up and approach. Hold at 30’ or so and give commands to drop the knife. Dude keeps approaching. Cut and dry lethal.

A dude off to the side decided to taze him while he’s approaching a female cop. Dude shrugs is off or it was a miss. Gets a hold of the female cop. Now what? Gotta shoot at your partner. Luckily someone made the headshot in the struggle.

The whole time watching the video Im watching the video Im just like wtf. But who knows. Never had someone come at me with a knife.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d rather take my chances getting shot with a pistol caliber weapon over getting stabbed up anyday…
I'd prefer being shot than stabbed. Eventually the rounds will all be expelled unlike a blade which can go on and on and on and you'll end up like Trotsky.

Universal background checks for blades!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Only when it's a black person, this guy is white. They could have shot him and no one would have blinked twice.

Here is the thing that always makes me laugh when certain people cry about the white guy not getting shot, I am fine with criminals being shot no matter what color they are. I wish officers would exterminate more to be honest.

A woman shaving the cooch without waxing the butthole is a female version of business in the front, party in the back.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here is the thing that always makes me laugh when certain people cry about the white guy not getting shot, I am fine with criminals being shot no matter what color they are. I wish officers would exterminate more to be honest.

A woman shaving the cooch without waxing the butthole is a female version of business in the front, party in the back.
And I would agree.

Users who are viewing this thread