Making the change to auto

03sonicblu

going 4 broke
Established Member
I believe my builder has already picked out a converter but I’m not sure. The issue with the converter is that as the car is turbo, it will have and will be running different maps and different power levels. The cruising around tune makes over 400hp less than kill so you can see an issue there. Gotta find the sweet spot between too loose and too tight for the whole power band. All the work is being done by LRS Performance and ASSC Racing in Illinois. They built the car, so it only seems right that they handle the swap and the new tuning of it. Massaging the trans tunnel to fit the 4L80 looks like it’s going to be a PIA lol all in all can’t wait to have her done. Switched from the CCW’s to these Welds.

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE CCW'S ?

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
What welds did you go with?. Reason I ask is I just picked up some 17 alumastar 2.0's and some weld S71's with beadlocks.

I was looking at champions for the rear which are a little less expensive, but I wanted a matching set

KeyM3

Established Member
Tight fit

Attachments

• 52026541-3F39-4144-BB3E-B9A47A1501C1.jpeg
    52026541-3F39-4144-BB3E-B9A47A1501C1.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 152

KeyM3

Established Member
What was the outcome on this? I'm waiting on my 4l80 to be built at the moment!

Car is currently getting an 8.5 cert cage installed! Many many updates to the car, I’ll post some pictures in here. I ended up going all out spending money on this thing lol

KeyM3

Established Member
As for the trans, Rossler built me a fantastic 4L80 and Pro Torque made me a converter based on how power comes on in the car. It’s all been a LONG process but I can’t thank the people involved enough with everything they’ve done to get the car together.

jburcham04

any updates? I have my motor done, wiring all the holley stuff and hopefully trans in the next couple weeks. have bell housing mounted at the moment. what am I looking forward too next? haha

Users who are viewing this thread