Making a list, dealer almost has car back together.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have posted this on at least one thread on SVTP, but it may be worth the mention.

From the 2014 Model Year Ford Warranty Guide - Page 34

The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
AUTO LINE Program (U.S. Only)
Your satisfaction is important to Ford Motor Company and to your dealer.
If a warranty concern has not been resolved using the three-step procedure outlined on the first page of the Customer Assistance section, you may be eligible to participate in the BBB AUTO LINE program.

Your satisfaction is our #1 goal. If you have any questions or concerns, or are unsatisfied with the service you are receiving, follow these steps:
1. Contact your Sales Representative or Service Advisor at your selling/servicing dealership.
2. If your inquiry or concern remains unresolved, contact the Sales Manager, Service Manager or Customer Relations Manager.
3. If you require assistance or clarification on Ford Motor Company policies or procedures, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center.

The BBB AUTO LINE program consists of two parts — mediation and arbitration. During mediation, a representative of the BBB will contact both you and Ford Motor Company to explore options for settlement of the claim. If an agreement is not reached during mediation and your claim is eligible, you may participate in the arbitration process. An arbitration hearing will be scheduled so that you can present your case in an informal setting before an impartial person. The arbitrator will consider the testimony provided and make a decision after the hearing.

You are not bound by the decision, but should you choose to accept the BBB AUTO LINE decision, Ford must abide by the accepted decision as well. Disputes submitted to the BBB AUTO LINE program are usually decided within forty days after you file your claim with the BBB.

BBB AUTO LINE Application: Using the information provided below, please call or write to request a program application. You will be asked for your name and address, general information about your new vehicle, information about your warranty concerns, and any steps you have already taken to try to resolve them. A Customer Claim Form will be mailed that will need to be completed, signed, and returned to the BBB along with proof of ownership. Upon request, the BBB will review the claim for eligibility under Program Summary Guidelines.

You can get more information by calling BBB AUTO LINE at 1-800-955-5100, or writing to:
BBB AUTO LINE
4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800
Arlington, Virginia 22203-1833

BBB AUTO LINE applications can also be requested by calling the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Note: Ford Motor Company reserves the right to change eligibility limitations, modify procedures, or to discontinue this process at any time without notice and without obligation

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Deysha isn't in a position to help me. She is still wonderful, and is an asset to the forums. When my car was ordered she was the one who gave me updates throughout the process.I was assigned a Ford Customer Service Manager, who deals with me and the dealership. However he has told me he can't make the dealership do anything. He can only suggest it. Corporate Ford doesn't own the dealerships. I can't ask my csm to talk to the tech hotline or anything like that. I even requested my csm to send out a FSE. So I'm not totally sure what he can or can't do. So far it seems he is like a neutral party between me and the dealership.

You are getting a corporate line to blow you off. True, Ford doesn't own the dealership. However, ultimately your problem lies with the WARRANTY repair which is backed by Ford. The dealer is their "mechanic in the field" if you will. That means that dealer will gladly take Ford's money because they are paid by Ford to fix your car. If Ford says, "We think the muffler bearing is causing this problem Mr. Dealer" then Mr. Dealer gladly replaces the muffler bearing and gets reimbursed by Ford.

The CSM is in charge or taking care of problems like this. He is the liason between the dealer, Ford and YOU. He should be assisting the dealer to get approval to fix the vehicle such as a crate motor. Start putting everyone on an email and demanding accountability.

Have you called SVT? They may be able to get something going to help you.

Lastly, start the mediation process. I believe with your breakdown and timeline of events, the mediator will side with you. From what Snoop states, it is non-binding on you.

I would want my car fixed and fixed right!

Tom

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Deysha,
What's so great about any of this saga ? I think the Ford customer service in this instance has been worse than miserable. I agree with Tom Shep that there is no accountability whatsoever from Ford on this problem and that the least someone should do is go to the dealership...that appears to be in way over it's head, and do a hands on fix of poor guys problem. Lvxlr8n did not create this problem FORD created this problem....step up to the plate and FIX IT NOW !! All I have seem from you is corporate BS with the " thanks for the updates " " Great "....stop with the platitudes and FIX or REPLACE this guys car !! After this car ( or if this car ) ever gets fixed I think FORD owes the owner AT LEAST $ 10,000 for lost value...everyone will be following the history of this car and it is worth less than comparable vehicles because of an issue FORD created.

Stop with the cheerleading and do something constructive to fix this problem !
I understand where you’re coming from, Sparko. I’ve been helping lvxlr8n where I can. So, to see they’re working on getting someone out to him is great to me. Thank you for your concern and input.

It's very unfortunate with what lvxlr8n is going through, and I'm certainly glad it's not me. But why are people crucifying Deysha?
I see her as an asset to anyone on this forum. Having one more person on the corporate service ladder, thats obviously on our side, can only help with any of our service issues.
With the 2.5 million vehicles Ford sells a year, there has to be thousands of service issues that must be addressed.
Is a knock in a 5.8 viewed any differently than a persistent oil leak in a 1.5 EB?

Like I said, I feel bad for you lvxlr8n and I hope they get your dilemma straightened out.
Unfortunately it seems those that can't do anything, care (Daysha), and those that are aloud to do something(mechanics ,shop lead hands,Ford engineers) DO NOT CARE/KNOW HOW!!! I run a small (41 year old) business and if a good customer is disappointed I usually loose quite a bit of change making them happy because I know they've been there to pay the bills...... past, present/ (and if I continue to do my job well) future!!!!
Thank you for the support, guys!

Thanks guys.

Deysha isn't in a position to help me. She is still wonderful, and is an asset to the forums. When my car was ordered she was the one who gave me updates throughout the process.I was assigned a Ford Customer Service Manager, who deals with me and the dealership. However he has told me he can't make the dealership do anything. He can only suggest it. Corporate Ford doesn't own the dealerships. I can't ask my csm to talk to the tech hotline or anything like that. I even requested my csm to send out a FSE. So I'm not totally sure what he can or can't do. So far it seems he is like a neutral party between me and the dealership.

All in all a VERY frustrating situation. I don't wish this on nobody. I have never heard of anyone ever having a repair take so long. My expectations of having my car repaired under warranty isn't what I imagined. I would have never thought taking my car in on June 25 that I'd still be waiting for my car to be fixed. Everyday I'm waiting for an update, everyday I'm wondering when I'll get my car back, everyday I'm wondering period. Ugh! Now I hope they get my car back by Oct 3rd. We have a Ford cruise for a cause www.cruise4acause.org trip that the family has been looking forward to since we went last year. It will be a big bummer to not have my car to participate with.
Thanks for clarifying, lvxlr8n. Keeping my fingers crossed they can send one out when your CSM calls you tomorrow.

Deysha

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I have posted this on at least one thread on SVTP, but it may be worth the mention.

From the 2014 Model Year Ford Warranty Guide - Page 34

The Better Business Bureau (BBB)
AUTO LINE Program (U.S. Only)
Your satisfaction is important to Ford Motor Company and to your dealer.
If a warranty concern has not been resolved using the three-step procedure outlined on the first page of the Customer Assistance section, you may be eligible to participate in the BBB AUTO LINE program.

The BBB AUTO LINE program consists of two parts — mediation and arbitration. During mediation, a representative of the BBB will contact both you and Ford Motor Company to explore options for settlement of the claim. If an agreement is not reached during mediation and your claim is eligible, you may participate in the arbitration process. An arbitration hearing will be scheduled so that you can present your case in an informal setting before an impartial person. The arbitrator will consider the testimony provided and make a decision after the hearing.

You are not bound by the decision, but should you choose to accept the BBB AUTO LINE decision, Ford must abide by the accepted decision as well. Disputes submitted to the BBB AUTO LINE program are usually decided within forty days after you file your claim with the BBB.

BBB AUTO LINE Application: Using the information provided below, please call or write to request a program application. You will be asked for your name and address, general information about your new vehicle, information about your warranty concerns, and any steps you have already taken to try to resolve them. A Customer Claim Form will be mailed that will need to be completed, signed, and returned to the BBB along with proof of ownership. Upon request, the BBB will review the claim for eligibility under Program Summary Guidelines.

You can get more information by calling BBB AUTO LINE at 1-800-955-5100, or writing to:
BBB AUTO LINE
4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800
Arlington, Virginia 22203-1833

BBB AUTO LINE applications can also be requested by calling the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Note: Ford Motor Company reserves the right to change eligibility limitations, modify procedures, or to discontinue this process at any time without notice and without obligation

This is the truth!
OP, get the ball rolling by contacting the BBB. Each state is different in that when you buy a new car you agree to go through an arbitration process prior to true "lemon law".
In FL you have to go through the BBB first. It is only legally binding on the manufacturer which means if the arbitrator sides with Ford then you can push further, typically to the state Attorney General but if the BBB arbitrator sides with you the consumer then Ford cannot appeal the decision.

I've dealt with the BBB and the FL Attorney General many many times as I am in the car business.
I can tell you with a high degree of certainty that you would win.
The three areas for a vehicle to be considered a lemon are "use, value and safety".
The standard 3 repair attempts and 30 days down varies by state, the amount of time you have to file also varies by state.
If you file and the vehicle is found to be a lemon then the manufacturer, again check your states law, has to pay you back all of the registration, interest, fees, etc. you would basically be charged a usage fee which on 5k miles is nothing.

In FL the usable mileage of a vehicle is 120k so take your purchase price, divided by 120,000 multiplies by current mileage(legally it would be documented and used from the mileage at the time of BBB arbitration hearing) and that would be what you are responsible for.

The term "reasonable" is also used in the law often too. So a reasonable amount of time for this repair has been exceeded.
I understand this car is your baby and you don't want to abandon it but it is also a large financial investment.

I encourage you strongly to check your states LL process and get it started. It is easy for the consumer and you have a slam dunk case. If you think the car will be the same after it is all said and done, if it ever is, your too optimistic.

As mentioned above, these engines are built by hand with more special service tools for this one engine than most dealers have for all model lines combined. If you think this dealer can meet that standard I would pessimistically disagree. As mentioned above also, a real technician does not rely on emails and phone conversations to determine the source of a noise. A code being generated or a driveability issue due to calibration parameters where PID data could be exchanged, sure. Engine noise....... Not really.

You are in a loaner/rental at least? Filing with the BBB also has no cost other than certified letters and postage typically.
Keep us posted.

Best of luck!
SV

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
PS- if you look in your owners material you should also find Fords policy/procedure and contact info to start the process.
You must notify the manufacturer, this is typically the only cost associated with filing, in writing through certified mail. The manufacturer then has a certain number of days to respond and inspect/repair the vehicle. Since the vehicle is already at the dealer it makes it convenient for both parties. Even if they have your car ready tomorrow you would still win no problem.

Get your prior RO copies in order for open and closed dates, repairs performed, etc.

You are in control of your destiny here. If you want out then start the process.
Lemon law should give you a right to a "replacement or a repurchase"
Repurchase they pay off the note and reimburse you for any equity minus usage.
Replacement they should do a collateral swap, which would be a new vehicle, and you may or may not have usage to pay.

SV

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Perfect advice from Sonic.

To take that a step further, and this is all general but likely to apply to your state.

Ford is MOTIVATED to keep from buying it back as a lemon. Most states require Ford to disclose that. However, if they work something out or magically get you a replacement BEFORE you completely LL it, they don't have to disclose. It just shows up with a long service ticket in OASIS and Ford owns it. But no LL.

The ball is still in your court. And didn't someone say there were about 75 of these new on the lot still.

Tom

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Thanks guys, that is some sound advise. (here in Wisconsin LL is within 12 months.) I am past that unfortunately. I do have options if I want to go another route. I am still hopeful that a crate engine will happen. I should know sometime in October.

Another update. The Ford FSE won't be able to come out for a few weeks. He is working on another car in Ohio. So the dealership and Ford said that I can take the car back till he is available. I picked it up a few hours ago. For being at the dealership for 30+ days The outside didn't have a scratch on it. Which thank God! That tapping noise is still there though. No worse and no better. Under the hood seemed ok too. Besides seeing dirty hands on the nice aluminum, and a 3" thin scratch on the shock tower. Oh and the steering wheel wasn't centered. They will be doing an alignment tomorrow. So hopefully it doesn't leak and I should be good for a few weeks till the FSE can trouble shoot. Until then I am going to try to enjoy driving the car as much as I can. By the time the FSE is done with it, I'll most likely will be putting it away for the winter... thats if I choose to keep it.

Last edited:

Sparko

Established Member
Good luck lvxlr8r and enjoy the car the best you can. I don't know you but you have been calm and collected ( or so it appears ) throughout this and a total gentleman. I on the other hand was about to go " Jersey " on Ford on your behalf !

I really hope Ford does right by you. I think a Ford crate engine, installed properly would be a good thing.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread