Making a list, dealer almost has car back together.

paluka21

Established Member
I would be very upset at this point, but if they can actually get the car right, and not take any further delays, I would allow them to fix it without too much complaining, and take my future business to another dealer even if it were 40+ minutes away. In my opinion, it sounds as though the people working on your car are incompetent and most likely have not worked on another 5.8L Shelby motor. That aside, it still sounds like they do sloppy work, and have some of the worst customer service I've ever heard about.
Regardless, when everything comes together, I'm willing to bet you will enjoy your car again, but I would keep on these people at least once a day asking for updates on the car. Make it clear to them the price tag, the amount time they've had it, and the poor workmanship you've witnessed ( with the coolant leak, and misdiagnosing the problem twice now ), and demand attention to the car. I haven't read through all of this, but have you spoken to the GM or owner of the dealer?

lvxlr8n

Established Member
The owner of the dealership is aware. I can't blame the dealership 100% for this at this point. Yes they are to blame for leaks etc... But they only do what the tech hotline tells them to do. I blame the process Ford has in place, emailing tech hotline. Everytime an email has to be sent, it is a waste of a day. Then if they say replace that, well wait another day or 2 to rec the parts. Noise is still there after the directed repair? Email tech holine again another day wasted. They say test this... They do the test, email back... Another day wasted. Get the idea? I am frustrated with the system. I have asked nicely, and demanded that an FSE come out to deal with it. My requests have been ignored by Ford. The dealership says they can't make request like that, and Ford tells me they can't make a dealership do anything... I am sure it will be fixed at some point right? Who knows I might have to borrow an enclosed trailer and trailer it home in the middle of winter if this continues.
I would be very upset at this point, but if they can actually get the car right, and not take any further delays, I would allow them to fix it without too much complaining, and take my future business to another dealer even if it were 40+ minutes away. In my opinion, it sounds as though the people working on your car are incompetent and most likely have not worked on another 5.8L Shelby motor. That aside, it still sounds like they do sloppy work, and have some of the worst customer service I've ever heard about.
Regardless, when everything comes together, I'm willing to bet you will enjoy your car again, but I would keep on these people at least once a day asking for updates on the car. Make it clear to them the price tag, the amount time they've had it, and the poor workmanship you've witnessed ( with the coolant leak, and misdiagnosing the problem twice now ), and demand attention to the car. I haven't read through all of this, but have you spoken to the GM or owner of the dealer?

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
I just spoke with Frank my CSM. I explained to him that the engine has been apart and looks to be taken out and apart again, that they should replace the entire engine. He said that Ford won't do that unless the crank is bad. That they do a cap cost analysis, that it would be cheaper right now to keep replacing parts on it till the problem is fixed. That the Engineer will make that decision. What a real bummer. So bummin. Winter is right around the corner. I think since the car came out of storage I have put maybe 500-600 miles on it.

Here is a fun fact.

I was able to order my car on March 11th 2013, it was scheduled, Built at the Ford plant, put on a train and delivered to the dealership May 22rd 2013 ( Took a total of 73 days)

Took my car in for engine noise on June 25, it is now Sept 11. (So far 79 days and counting) I was able to order, schedule, build and deliver my car sooner than it has taken to resolve the problem with my car. :(
Thank you for the PM and the update, lvxlr8n!

Deysha

Fastfords

Established Member
Look into lemon law. The attorney won't cost you anything.

+1 I would be looking into the Lemon Law in your state if I were you. A friend of mine just had his GMC 2500 diesel bought back because the gauges kept shutting off. The attorney was paid for by GM. In your case it seems to me the more times they take the engine apart just makes more chances for other issues to crop up. Just imagine how mad you will be if the car develops another issue a few weeks after you finally get this one all sorted out......Best of luck to you however you decide to go...

http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com

Last edited:

OKBandit

Established Member
I would be thinking diminished value. I would never buy your car now, regardless of the results, just from the oasis.

paluka21

Established Member
The owner of the dealership is aware. I can't blame the dealership 100% for this at this point. Yes they are to blame for leaks etc... But they only do what the tech hotline tells them to do. I blame the process Ford has in place, emailing tech hotline. Everytime an email has to be sent, it is a waste of a day. Then if they say replace that, well wait another day or 2 to rec the parts. Noise is still there after the directed repair? Email tech holine again another day wasted. They say test this... They do the test, email back... Another day wasted. Get the idea? I am frustrated with the system. I have asked nicely, and demanded that an FSE come out to deal with it. My requests have been ignored by Ford. The dealership says they can't make request like that, and Ford tells me they can't make a dealership do anything... I am sure it will be fixed at some point right? Who knows I might have to borrow an enclosed trailer and trailer it home in the middle of winter if this continues.

So the dealership is saying that can't pick up the phone and speak to someone at Ford as opposed to emailing? Are their mechanics not capable of troubleshooting by themselves without someone on the tech hotline spoon feeding them through the process of troubleshooting a valve train noise? Sorry, but that kind of behavior doesn't add up.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It seems that most of the mechanical trouble shooting is being done with a flowchart and not personal diagnostic skills. Most of the dealership mechanics I have met are nothing more than parts replacers, they do only what they are told to do and nothing more.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I am in a business that demands accountability and requires multiple people to do their part so everything comes together in the end.

I ONLY use emails between all parties involved. No phone calls. Not only does it get rid of "I am waiting on XXXX to do their part" but also causes them to get their act together so they aren't the one dropping the ball.

Start emailing the CSM, service manager, service writer and anyone else you can include. Follow up daily on what the next step is.

This written proof will be invaluable if you end up in a lemon law situation.

Good luck with your situation. The car really is worth it.

Tom

lvxlr8n

Established Member
I was notified by the dealership that they are trying to get Ford to come out and help troubleshoot the engine noise. So far they they haven't heard anything back.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
This has got to be worse than water torture for you. When my car was in the shop for three weeks all the things that could have gone wrong just kept circling in my head and made for horrible sleeps. Oddly enough not one of my nightmares happened and my car is now safe and sound back in my garage. Eventually it will happen for you too but the summer cruises are blown unfortunately.

BigBlueOval

Established Member
Very glad to hear they are getting Ford involved, after reading your symptoms, their Diag/ repair attempt and subsequent return of the same tick I would suspect a broken piston ring land could be the culprit.

big_ole_truck

Established Member
Life has to be easier without your grabber blue colored lemon in it. Surely you can do the lemon law approach for Ford to buy it back. Take the money. And if you really must have a GT500 in your life, buy another one, used.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
I was notified by the dealership that they are trying to get Ford to come out and help troubleshoot the engine noise. So far they they haven't heard anything back.
That's great, lvxlr8n! Thanks for the update.

Deysha

Sparko

Established Member

Deysha

Deysha,

What's so great about any of this saga ? I think the Ford customer service in this instance has been worse than miserable. I agree with Tom Shep that there is no accountability whatsoever from Ford on this problem and that the least someone should do is go to the dealership...that appears to be in way over it's head, and do a hands on fix of poor guys problem. Lvxlr8n did not create this problem FORD created this problem....step up to the plate and FIX IT NOW !! All I have seem from you is corporate BS with the " thanks for the updates " " Great "....stop with the platitudes and FIX or REPLACE this guys car !! After this car ( or if this car ) ever gets fixed I think FORD owes the owner AT LEAST $ 10,000 for lost value...everyone will be following the history of this car and it is worth less than comparable vehicles because of an issue FORD created.

Stop with the cheerleading and do something constructive to fix this problem !

freakshow12

Established Member
^^^ This! I would be just sick over this. I'm glad mine is safely in my garage and has so far given me nothing but big smiles every time I take it out. I pray none of us ever have these issues. HELP THIS MAN OUT!

eagle eye

Established Member

Deysha

It's very unfortunate with what lvxlr8n is going through, and I'm certainly glad it's not me. But why are people crucifying Deysha?
I see her as an asset to anyone on this forum. Having one more person on the corporate service ladder, thats obviously on our side, can only help with any of our service issues.
With the 2.5 million vehicles Ford sells a year, there has to be thousands of service issues that must be addressed.
Is a knock in a 5.8 viewed any differently than a persistent oil leak in a 1.5 EB?

Like I said, I feel bad for you lvxlr8n and I hope they get your dilemma straightened out.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Deysha,

What's so great about any of this saga ? I think the Ford customer service in this instance has been worse than miserable. I agree with Tom Shep that there is no accountability whatsoever from Ford on this problem and that the least someone should do is go to the dealership...that appears to be in way over it's head, and do a hands on fix of poor guys problem. Lvxlr8n did not create this problem FORD created this problem....step up to the plate and FIX IT NOW !! All I have seem from you is corporate BS with the " thanks for the updates " " Great "....stop with the platitudes and FIX or REPLACE this guys car !! After this car ( or if this car ) ever gets fixed I think FORD owes the owner AT LEAST $ 10,000 for lost value...everyone will be following the history of this car and it is worth less than comparable vehicles because of an issue FORD created.

Unfortunately it seems those that can't do anything, care (Daysha), and those that are aloud to do something(mechanics ,shop lead hands,Ford engineers) DO NOT CARE/KNOW HOW!!! I run a small (41 year old) business and if a good customer is disappointed I usually loose quite a bit of change making them happy because I know they've been there to pay the bills...... past, present/ (and if I continue to do my job well) future!!!!

paluka21

Established Member
Deysha,

I couldn't have said it any better. The Ford dealership has screwed the OP around so much with his car, that if I were him I would never purchase another Ford again, particularly from this dealership. Maybe they wouldn't care, but at least I could say they didn't have the opportunity to earn my hard earned money. The OP should get an attorney and work towards NEW parts/motor for his car since the incompetent dealership he's been screwed over by, can't turn a lug nut to save their lives.
I don't think Deysha can do anything about this, as it's in his dealerships hands. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she essentially is the first step with opening a case with Ford, and after that, it's essentially her being able to obtain updates with Ford.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
It's very unfortunate with what lvxlr8n is going through, and I'm certainly glad it's not me. But why are people crucifying Deysha?
I see her as an asset to anyone on this forum. Having one more person on the corporate service ladder, thats obviously on our side, can only help with any of our service issues.
With the 2.5 million vehicles Ford sells a year, there has to be thousands of service issues that must be addressed.
Is a knock in a 5.8 viewed any differently than a persistent oil leak in a 1.5 EB?

Like I said, I feel bad for you lvxlr8n and I hope they get your dilemma straightened out.

Perhaps not, but it should be. GT500 being Fords top of the line current performance car should get just a little special treatment in my opinion.

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Thanks guys.

Deysha isn't in a position to help me. She is still wonderful, and is an asset to the forums. When my car was ordered she was the one who gave me updates throughout the process.I was assigned a Ford Customer Service Manager, who deals with me and the dealership. However he has told me he can't make the dealership do anything. He can only suggest it. Corporate Ford doesn't own the dealerships. I can't ask my csm to talk to the tech hotline or anything like that. I even requested my csm to send out a FSE. So I'm not totally sure what he can or can't do. So far it seems he is like a neutral party between me and the dealership.

All in all a VERY frustrating situation. I don't wish this on nobody. I have never heard of anyone ever having a repair take so long. My expectations of having my car repaired under warranty isn't what I imagined. I would have never thought taking my car in on June 25 that I'd still be waiting for my car to be fixed. Everyday I'm waiting for an update, everyday I'm wondering when I'll get my car back, everyday I'm wondering period. Ugh! Now I hope they get my car back by Oct 3rd. We have a Ford cruise for a cause www.cruise4acause.org trip that the family has been looking forward to since we went last year. It will be a big bummer to not have my car to participate with.

Users who are viewing this thread