Major League Baseball 2012

BlownAway05

Established Member
Ivan Nova follows suit and matches Andy Pettitte's gem in the series opener. Nice!

Bronx Bombers blast two HR's and aim for a sweep tomorrow. Really nice!! :thumbsup:

I got a bit excited when we started off the 9th inning with back to back triples. As of lately, Rays hitting has been no where to be found.

Price on the mound for the Rays.

BlownAway05

Established Member
Rays.png

CSD, always showing his Yankee support, no matter what he is doing...
yankees201.jpg

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Another pathetic display by the Boston Red Sox. Beckett throws a gem and the offense can only score 1 run.

Not getting clutch hits with RISP. And Ryan Sweeney's batting average is the most deceptive I've ever seen. Does he ever get a hit that's made a difference? Sure, he's fantastic with 2 outs and nobody on. :kaboom:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
You should have mentioned the orioles pitching.

The Red Sox put more than enough base-runners on to defeat the Orioles' pitching. 2nd and 3rd with 1 out in both the 7th and 8th inning. I give credit where it is due but the Red Sox offense just simply failed last night with too many missed chances.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
The Tigers have allowed more runs then scored

I didn't ruin your day, did I?

No because that's been the case since they were hovering at/just below .500. In fact, we were in the red when we were still over .500. They've had shitty run differential for a while.

This year, we're just bad. We're just a bad team. We can't pitch, we can't field, and only a couple guys can hit. You're not going to win many games that way. Maybe when Austin Jackson comes back we'll be able to keep Berry and get rid of Boesch, but we've got a lot of holes and I'm not sure I really expect either Berry or Jackson to keep up their paces at the plate.

We need to invest in some D. Maybe it's time to start thinking about what we can sell and build some depth so that next year we'll be alright. We've got some good guys in A ball but no telling when they'll be ready and the organization is very adamant about not bringing them up early.

I know it's sacrilege for a fan to propose giving up on this season just yet, but I think it's pretty clear the Tigers won't be winning a division this year unless the Sox and Indians pretty much lose out. Not gonna happen, because they get to play us.

CSD

Banned
You think the Tigers D is bad, go watch the Rays and Orioles! They own the worst fielding percentages in the league. It's like watching a pop warner team trying to field the ball :lol:

Yankees have made the fewest errors and sit at .990

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
You think the Tigers D is bad, go watch the Rays and Orioles! They own the worst fielding percentages in the league. It's like watching a pop warner team trying to field the ball :lol:

You guys only have 489 total innings for that .990 avg. weird.

MLB Stats - Full Pro Baseball Team Batting and Pitching Stats - FOX Sports on MSN

The White Sox at 2nd place played 18 more innings and one more game than you guys. Im more impressed.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
16 stranded sounds traded sound like pitching getting out of jams.

Obviously they were hitting just not in the clutch.

Chens line: 7.0 IP, 7H, 1 ER, 4 SO. I'll take it
0 hits from the pen.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

you can't bring football into a baseball thread dammit!....even though you are right:(

Pop Warner is football!

Last edited:

CSD

Banned
You guys only have 489 total innings for that .990 avg. weird.

MLB Stats - Full Pro Baseball Team Batting and Pitching Stats - FOX Sports on MSN

The White Sox at 2nd place played 18 more innings and one more game than you guys. Im more impressed.

They also lead the league in HR's. Such a pleasure being a Yankees fan :rockon:

you can't bring football into a baseball thread dammit!....even though you are right:(

Pop Warner is football!

No shit Dick Tracy! It had a nice ring to it so I went with it. Can't wait to start ragging on the Bucs though. Another crappy Tampa team lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread