magnum powers, hows it work?

I dont think it would warp, runs alot cooler than the eaton. I hope it doesnt warp.

BTW: the reason some guys's cases warp is because they take a smokin hot blower and put ice on it! STUPID! For those who dont know. Never put ice on a hot blower. Aluminum does not like the fast temp. change.

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
My Eaton case was never iced. It warped due to high boost with a lot of material hogged out by Apten/Steig..
I truly doubt the MP case will warp just as I would not expect warping of a stock Eaton.
Jim

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Ok, here's MHO.

The MP is just a stepping stone that you will sell later.
I'm not knocking it, IF that's what you want.
Why not save your money and get a KB or Whipple?
Nothing else is the same. :burnout:

JMHO

Larry, I am honestly trying to stay under a certain budget. I understand you arent knocking it and I appreciate your comment.

Ive been in the position to have a whipple "back in March", and a kb, they called last week.

If I cant hit 550RWHP on pump gas with it I will sell it and just suck it up and get a whipple hopefully.

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
Larry, I am honestly trying to stay under a certain budget. I understand you arent knocking it and I appreciate your comment.

Ive been in the position to have a whipple "back in March", and a kb, they called last week.

If I cant hit 550RWHP on pump gas with it I will sell it and just suck it up and get a whipple hopefully.

You mean KB. Whipple might take a few years to come in to production.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Just go with the M.P. and get your tune from JDM..
You will be happy for a long time...
L.

Like i said, if I can get 12.38 out of my heavy ass truck with no trac help and Stock Goodyears {wich aparently someone earlier didnt think was impessive} you should be able to run 12.0's or high 11'sin your Lightning....
L.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Ct.TOPGUN said:
My Eaton case was never iced. It warped due to high boost with a lot of material hogged out by Apten/Steig..
I truly doubt the MP case will warp just as I would not expect warping of a stock Eaton.
Jim

It was nice meeting you yesterday. I must have been on the shop tour when you left. Hope to see you on here!!

I would have shot you a pm, but they aren't turned on yet.

:thumbsup:

STL Lightning

Established Member
For every MP success story you hear a MP that didn't outperform a ported eaton (as in my case). That's just a great track record. Charles wouldn't be tracking down this spring thing if there weren't widespread lack of results out of his product. Think about it. Buying a MP is like rolling the dice. You want a proven power adder, go with KB or nitrous.

-Mark

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
If 550hp is the goal without spray, then I think the KB is the choice. The MP boost levels required to hit that hp level would be excessive.
I have all the bolt ons and 20+ lbs of M boost in the summer heat and am only about 500hp and living dangerously.
Jim

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls A$$!
Established Member
just bought a MP from conley motorsports. waiting for it to ship and bolt it on my truck to wake it up. bought it from him for 820 shipped. I contimplated a stiegmeiers full port job: ported blower, rotor strip, power fin, ported t/b and port matched intake to t/b and blower. but the cost was to close not to pick the MP. 820 shipped for the MP or the full stiegmeiers for 750.

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
andy said:
just bought a MP from conley motorsports. waiting for it to ship and bolt it on my truck to wake it up. bought it from him for 820 shipped. I contimplated a stiegmeiers full port job: ported blower, rotor strip, power fin, ported t/b and port matched intake to t/b and blower. but the cost was to close not to pick the MP. 820 shipped for the MP or the full stiegmeiers for 750.

But you still have the stock TB and plenum.

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls A$$!
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
But you still have the stock TB and plenum.

yeah, I know, it's all a part of my big plan with what I ultimately will have. I am trying to limit what I spend on this truck for my finished product of a 550-600 rwhp truck.

I figure why waste the money on the ported blower now. I know, I could recuperate some of that with a upgrade later on, but why waste the money. I figure when I have the money for a built lower end and stage 3 cams and ported heads I will be able to just keep the magnum and push more boost. Right now there is nothing that I have bought on this truck that will be a waste when I am finished building it. It's just going to take time to part it all together as I can afford it. I figure porting the upper plenum and the throttle body will be a waste when I will have to replace them with a SBTB and a more effiecient plenum.

Users who are viewing this thread