magnum powers, hows it work?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
if my brief research serves me...you use the eaton rotors in this case? am I crazy and missed something? how does this thing's potential compare to a kb? just weighing my options...thanks!

You take your eaton apart and gently knock out the rotors with a rubber hammer. Get the rotors stripped and where the Magnum comes into play, its just a case and nose which assembles just like the eaton. You need to remember to put the sealent on both sides on the rotor plate and torque the front bolts to 10-12 ft. lbs. I went to 15 just because. Fill up to the allen bolt with supercharger oil and roll with it!

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

The reason Eatons sucked so much from the factory is that they were made to certain specs they couldnt exceed, emissions, noise pollution, etc, etc. The Magnum Powers is what the Eaton should have been from the factory.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You can make better power with a MP than a stock eaton, a ported eaton is pretty close. A KB would be much better. You can read more at the magnum powers website. For me, it's a KB or nothing else. I am running my ported blower now, waiting for a KB.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
so...I may as well port the eaton and get comparable results with the mp or its still in a different league than the eaton? Sounds like the ranking system would go eaton, ported eaton, mp, kenne bell, and whipple when it comes out. is that about it? I only want a reliable mid to low 12 second daily driver, would the mp be an easy way to get there or is the kenne bell that dope that I need to go that route? Its gonna be a while till I can do this so I'm just drooling for now, once the weddins over this truck is gonna be getting the star treatment...maybe...so long as wifey approves!

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
Wont be satisfyed till you get a KB. Just ride in a L with one, when you hear the whine its all over. Youll have to have one.

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
Guy in Houston Texas that Drives his truck everyday just ran an 11.4 with a 6lb and STOCK eaton (unported). He has some other bolt ons on the truck (t-bars, slicks, ect.ect.) but the amazing thing is, is that is with the stock motor and stock eaton AND stock Tranny with NO stall. (I think he has a shift kit) Its a 02 Sonic blue with the the roush suspension and 20" chrome 01 style wheels. Go to the HALO board to view if you are interested.

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Also to white whine.... The Magnum Powers is most benefical when spun hard. Works great for built motors , I also have a Magnum, its deffinetly better than my stock Eaton, but still isn't a KB!!

Hope this helps you!!

SVT Scott

Established Member
nastynivek said:
Is your Red 01 a DD, or strictly a racer. 800+rwhp/800+rwtq, DAMN. Do you have to wear a diaper when you floor that thing? :banana:

I will say shes not a DD but a fair weather beast! but I drive it when ever the weather permits

Users who are viewing this thread