Made some baseline passes in my 2019 RS5...

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
As I mentioned on the Audi sites, great passes.
As far as launch mode, mine is a different car when you use it. I didn’t realize you hadn’t used it. It’ll launch at 3200 in launch mode. It’s hard to hook up though. The one pass I did it got a 1.66 60ft. As you know that netted an 11.79 ET. Again I only made a total of three passes. I’ve been focused on my track car lately. You have helped nudge me to get back to the track with my RS5 when the weather is better.

primetime

Established Member
Thing is dope! Plenty of 9 second RS5's. That platform is no joke!

Wrong platform... The RS3/TTRS has the 5-pot which has plenty of cars running 9's and some 8's even! The new RS5 is in the high 10's by a couple folks... Hoping to beat that in the next few weeks/months...

As I mentioned on the Audi sites, great passes.
As far as launch mode, mine is a different car when you use it. I didn’t realize you hadn’t used it. It’ll launch at 3200 in launch mode. It’s hard to hook up though. The one pass I did it got a 1.66 60ft. As you know that netted an 11.79 ET. Again I only made a total of three passes. I’ve been focused on my track car lately. You have helped nudge me to get back to the track with my RS5 when the weather is better.

Nice to see you over here to bud, small world! lol I'll have to play with it today on the street not that it matters since I'll be tuned next week but I found it better to sweep the rpm's and dump... APR assures me it won't be that way with their tune, and I'll be testing a few features as well :)

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wrong platform... The RS3/TTRS has the 5-pot which has plenty of cars running 9's and some 8's even! The new RS5 is in the high 10's by a couple folks... Hoping to beat that in the next few weeks/months...

Thats right its the RS3 but im sure with time 9's will be the normal with the RS5 platform. What a great DD! I have a Golf R tuned by United Motorsports and it goes high 11's but with a few more bolts-ons its good for high 10's. Thats on my to-do list.....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    98 bytes · Views: 89
  • image.png
    image.png
    98 bytes · Views: 83

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Nice! coupe or SB? I got mine for 23.3% off + $2K loyalty money so it was hard to pass up on. Paid 66 and it snickered for 87. Rides very nice and handles well for what it is, love the new tech and virtual cockpit, system is decent, etc. I'm liking it so far... Just need to make it faster... lol

She got a Misano Red SB... It was also a sweet deal!

Flash Painting-3.JPG

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Those new Audi's are no joke. I was at Epping last Friday night and there was a group of Audi boys over there racing. I swear the slowest one was high 11's and the quickest few were mid 10's at 135ish. Awesome!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice to see you over here to bud, small world! lol I'll have to play with it today on the street not that it matters since I'll be tuned next week but I found it better to sweep the rpm's and dump... APR assures me it won't be that way with their tune, and I'll be testing a few features as well :)

I see your 60ft was 1.64... mine using launch mode was 1.66 so you might not gain anything compared to your technique.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
That Stage 2 RS3 must be a blast!!

I’m more like a stage 1.5. On the 91 octane tune waiting to install the downpipe and go e85.

The rs7 is still significantly faster.

weird having 3 turbo sports cars with completely different behavior. Rs3 has considerable lag, but hits hard up top. Gtr has a hint of lag, much more mid range, and a decent top end. Rs7 has gobs of torque all the way through with just about zero lag. It just has to move a ton of weight

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m more like a stage 1.5. On the 91 octane tune waiting to install the downpipe and go e85.

weird having 3 turbo sports cars with completely different behavior. Rs3 has considerable lag, but hits hard up top. Gtr has a hint of lag, much more mid range, and a decent top end. Rs7 has gobs of torque all the way through with just about zero lag. It just has to move a ton of weight
That's awesome.
What a great group of cars.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Them new Rs7's are dope! Ill just wait a couple years and they be like $30k lol

primetime

Established Member
She got a Misano Red SB... It was also a sweet deal!

View attachment 1658662

Nice! Seems most are going with the black optic/cf trim which mine has but I think misano looks nice with the aluminum trim... color is growing on me, I wouldn't have picked red if I ordered as I think Sonoma looks the best...

Track posted a cool shot of my car launching last Wed. Can't wait to get the spacers on so the wheels sit flush... ecu is in route to Opelika :)
118267949_3221495941303777_4542710191880080187_n.jpg

primetime

Established Member
I see your 60ft was 1.64... mine using launch mode was 1.66 so you might not gain anything compared to your technique.

Yeah, I think they're going to be about the same... the tune will have variable boost launch so looking forward to that... Hoping I can get traction launching under full boost as that should net very low 1.5x 60's... ECU will be back Th. and if it doesn't rain I'll hit the strip Sat. if not next Wed.

primetime

Established Member
@primetime
@1 VET ETR

What made you go with a RS5 over the fake AMG ( E53) ? Just curious because I have been looking into these two as my next daily.

Personally, never have been a fan of MB styling and have loved Audi's since I bought the B5 in 2000, so never even looked at MB. I'll stick with Audi's and Porsche... Wasn't intending on buying the RS5, was more in the market for a used low mileage R8 V10 or V10+, figure with the flu I'd find someone wanting to dump one, and I'm still looking and will buy if I can get the right deal. Anyway, I test drove the RS5 and really liked it, drives well, pretty quick, handles surprisingly well, love the tech, good sound system, etc. It had been on the show room floor for 7+ months and I knew they wanted to move it. Made a low ball offer and walked and they called me back and we settled on what I feel is a great price... 23.3% off + $2K in owner loyalty, and 0%. I had recently sold my A4 daily so I'm driving the Macan Turbo as a daily and had room for something... lol I'm impulsive like that... They're going for very good prices and there are still a decent amount of new 2019's around so if you're serious now is the time as you can easily get 15-20% off... Let me know if you have any specific questions about the car and I'll see if I can help...

1 VET ETR

Established Member
@primetime
@1 VET ETR

What made you go with a RS5 over the fake AMG ( E53) ? Just curious because I have been looking into these two as my next daily.

My wife said she wanted to buy this over any other car for her DD... the looks... the capability... It is an all around nice package!

She does not care for the look of the Mercedes

Users who are viewing this thread