Mach 1 vs 5.0 Dig Race

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Hey guys, ran into a 12 5.0 with intake/exhaust the other nite. I pulled up next to him at a light. This being the last stop light for the next 4 miles and no feeder roads. It was late and we were the only ones around.

I threw it in 2nd and waited for the light to turn green. 2nd, you say??? Why the hell would you do that?? Well, my first only goes to 30 and its basically just a spinfest. My 2nd gear goes to 60 and with 4.10s + the short geared 3650 + the eatons insta-boost I can launch at idle in 2nd with no bogging at all. Not only does it take off like a bat out of hell but it spins less too.

Anyway, light turns green and we both punch it. He has the lead at first, but by the top of second Im dead even with him. I slam 3rd in .000000344652 of a second (i timed it;-)) and spin pretty good but still pulling away. By the time I hit 4th I have a bus on him and I notice he is still in it so I rip thru 4th and finally no spinning. I start pulling away hard. My 4th ends at around 127 mph so I take it to the top of 4th and let out. He was 7 or 8+ cars back, hard to tell at this point. I let him catch back up and we stay side by side the rest of the way till we get to the next light.

He gave me a "damn that car is bad ass" comment and asks me whats done to it. I tell him built motor and an eaton swap running 8 psi. He had a JLT CAI, midpipe and axleback as his only mods. I told him I love the new 5.0s, he has a nice ride and that it runs well. We were both all smiles, gave each other a thumbs up and exchanged evening pleasantries.

Probly the last race it will see before it goes down for all the new parts. All in all, a great way to end it. First and only coyote 5.0 kill.

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Cool, you would have bet him either way:beer:

Ya probly wouldnt have made much difference. Its not really a fair race and I know that haha. My car has a laundry list of mods and its about to get a helluva lot longer.......

2 cam sam

Established Member
The new 5.0's are fast for sure but not unbeatable. My Mach is 3-0 vs them on the drag strip of course. I'm sure I'll run into one set up properly eventually that will smoke me but until then!
Oh by the way nice kill!

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice kill man! Sometimes I forget that 1st gear going to 55mph is stupid long..I couldn't imagine it ending at 30. haha

Maustang

Established Member
Nice,
I'm also running an eaton but with 4.30 gears.
Doing a t56 swap here soon. I can't wait to be able to run first out a little longer.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Hey guys, ran into a 12 5.0 with intake/exhaust the other nite. I pulled up next to him at a light. This being the last stop light for the next 4 miles and no feeder roads. It was late and we were the only ones around.

I threw it in 2nd and waited for the light to turn green. 2nd, you say??? Why the hell would you do that?? Well, my first only goes to 30 and its basically just a spinfest. My 2nd gear goes to 60 and with 4.10s + the short geared 3650 + the eatons insta-boost I can launch at idle in 2nd with no bogging at all. Not only does it take off like a bat out of hell but it spins less too.

Anyway, light turns green and we both punch it. He has the lead at first, but by the top of second Im dead even with him. I slam 3rd in .000000344652 of a second (i timed it;-)) and spin pretty good but still pulling away. By the time I hit 4th I have a bus on him and I notice he is still in it so I rip thru 4th and finally no spinning. I start pulling away hard. My 4th ends at around 127 mph so I take it to the top of 4th and let out. He was 7 or 8+ cars back, hard to tell at this point. I let him catch back up and we stay side by side the rest of the way till we get to the next light.

He gave me a "damn that car is bad ass" comment and asks me whats done to it. I tell him built motor and an eaton swap running 8 psi. He had a JLT CAI, midpipe and axleback as his only mods. I told him I love the new 5.0s, he has a nice ride and that it runs well. We were both all smiles, gave each other a thumbs up and exchanged evening pleasantries.

Probly, the last race it will see before it goes down for all the new parts. All in all, a great way to end it. First and only coyote 5.0 kill.

Sounds like u were the only one racing and then he tried playing catch up since he wasn't expecting it which then led u to believe he was racing from the start. Pretty much the same thing ricers do at the light when they think they're racing their pos against a lambo and all a lambo owner is doing is jamming to music and the AC as this 1 seats gutted 150hp civic takes off hard popping Vtec at a light and think the lambo Owner at 1:4 throttle is trying to race.

5pnt0

Established Member
Sounds like u were the only one racing and then he tried playing catch up since he wasn't expecting it which then led u to believe he was racing from the start. Pretty much the same thing ricers do at the light when they think they're racing their pos against a lambo and all a lambo owner is doing is jamming to music and the AC as this 1 seats gutted 150hp civic takes off hard popping Vtec at a light and think the lambo Owner at 1:4 throttle is trying to race.

What?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

:lol:

What are you doing with a built motor and at 8psi?

Fuel pump is at 94% duty cycle. Part of the new setup is 60 lb injectors and twin ford GT fuel pumps then Ill be able to run the posi eaton on a 2.76 upper/caged 4 lb lower setup.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member

Here we go....:nonono:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

Ignore him, he has an imaginary fast car so he talks shit to all us "slow car" owners. Look a some of his previous post, when asked to post proof of his "fast" car to back up his big mouth he gets quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread