Mach 1 upgrades. Best bang for your buck.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with large diameter pulleys (WP, alt, and hydraboost) as they slow the accessory speed which frees up power. The small diameter dampers (most people call them pulleys) also reduce the speed of the accessories and the new styles are do not cause any problems. I've used the March 1158 and the new Steeda and have had no problems. I've also installed many of these and none have resulted in any failures. Install them correctly while keeping the RPMs at 7000 or less and the engine will live for a long time.

MachJoe

Established Member
There is nothing wrong with large diameter pulleys (WP, alt, and hydraboost) as they slow the accessory speed which frees up power. The small diameter dampers (most people call them pulleys) also reduce the speed of the accessories and the new styles are do not cause any problems. I've used the March 1158 and the new Steeda and have had no problems. I've also installed many of these and none have resulted in any failures. Install them correctly while keeping the RPMs at 7000 or less and the engine will live for a long time.

+1

I have the steeda set for about a month now with plenty of races at tx2k13. Not a single problem so far.

I want to get the hydraboost now.

Last edited:

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Yeah I picked up the steeda myself, but I'm not expecting to be over 7k rpms so I should be straight?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Yeah I picked up the steeda myself, but I'm not expecting to be over 7k rpms so I should be straight?

Yes. All the problems were with the older, much lighter small diameter dampers. The new Steeda and March Dampers are heavier and much more effective at damping crankshaft harmonics. Hell, even the piggyback setups are good to 7000rpm if they are installed and torqued correctly.

4v_mach1

Established Member
Mid pipe, gears, tune, good tires, control arms is cool. I personally don't mess with headers I just don't feel like removing them every 2 years to have my car smog in Cali.

Nitrous is a good power adder

Last edited:

GRFox

Established Member
Picked up the car last night. Suprised at how fast the car is for being relativley stock. Lights them up first through third and pulss very hard from 4500-6k.

I will post pictures later on.

MACHSTAR

Established Member
I have intake full exhaust bama tune and a 125 shot and mine runs great I rand without the nitrous a 13.0 @ 107.8 and am looking forward to going to the track and seeing what it runs with the nos it pulls a hell of a lot harder
I do strongly recommend the rpm switch before using the juice .

Users who are viewing this thread