M&H 345/35/18 DRAG RADIALS, They fit (kinda)

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
okay so i got a buddy to let me borrow a set of these tires to try them on and they fit perfect, no rubbing, hooked great.first time i was able to punch it in first on the street in a long time. this is what they looked like.
DSC04273.jpg

DSC04274.jpg

DSC04272.jpg

DSC04275.jpg

so i went out and bought a NEW set.........

Last edited:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
then i put them on the car and ran into a slight problem, it seems that the "new" tires are alittle bit wider than the old set that i borrowed and are causing a slight rubbing problem. so close in fact that when at the track when i tried to air down the tires to gain some traction they began to rub and were slowing the car down 5-6 mph. if i ran them around 24psi i would trap 135-136, any lower and it would drop to 130-132. the tires hooked great off the line pulling some low 1.7's 60', and that was me just trying to figure out the launch, so i know it could have been better. here are the pics of the new ones. i am gonna try some air bags in my rear springs to try and raise the rear end just enough to get it not to rub. this may not be an issue for everyone as you have to take in to consideration that i run some H&R SS springs that were originally designed for the GT's as there were no kits available for the GT500's when i lowered mine, so those springs dropped my car a full 2 inches.

DSC04324.jpg

DSC04317.jpg

DSC04314.jpg

DSC04327.jpg

DSC04320.jpg

DSC04319.jpg

DSC04316.jpg

DSC04314.jpg

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
so wear them out a bit..lol.. looks good brandon, what time did you get with that mph? i have to get a smaller set of rims to get some bite:beer:

Q8_Shelby

Ford Mens Factory
Established Member
Looks nice man. I like it can't wait to get mine on.

Last edited:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
Where are they rubbing? Inside or outside? Would rolling the fenders a bit help?

-Mike
they are rubbing on the outside fender, right on the lip it self

so wear them out a bit..lol.. looks good brandon, what time did you get with that mph? i have to get a smaller set of rims to get some bite:beer:

the best run that day was a 10.82, on my second pass of the day,with a 1.88 60', it had plenty left in it as i was mainly working on a new launch style with the M&H's, as i was able to launch with some higher rpms. the 60's got better but the tires were rubbing on the top end hendering my mph speed & ET.

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
The perfect size tire for the set up would be 335/35/18 (27.23" tall)and it shouldn't rub, but I don't know if anyone makes a drag radial in that size.

Last edited:

gtcpa

Established Member
The perfect size tire for the set up would be 335/35/18 (27.23" tall)and it shouldn't rub, but I don't know if anyone makes a drag radial in that size.

+1

agreed, I have 315's and still have room. I also think 335's would be perfect with my 11" wide wheels.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Looks nasty! Those look like they would hook much better than the same size M/T's that I'm using. The M/T's have tread all the way across. I don't have any issues with outside fender rubbing since my car is only lowered 1.25" with the FRPP springs. This could also be because my 1.5" widened stockers may have a different offset/backspacing and are really tight to the inside. I'm curious as to what rim size you're using and what the actual sidewall to side wall dimension is with the M&H's. Mine measure 13". I wonder if either tire run small compared to the other.

Mike

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
Do you have the stock springs in the rear?

no i have some H&R SS springs, (2" drop)
hey what would it cost me to get you to ship the OLD set to me to try? Not too far from you!

not sure but really wouldn't matter as the "old" set is not made anymore, i might consider selling you these if your interested, they have 50 miles and 5 track passes on them, with 6/32nds of tread left, which is what they come with.

Looks nasty! Those look like they would hook much better than the same size M/T's that I'm using. The M/T's have tread all the way across. I don't have any issues with outside fender rubbing since my car is only lowered 1.25" with the FRPP springs. This could also be because my 1.5" widened stockers may have a different offset/backspacing and are really tight to the inside. I'm curious as to what rim size you're using and what the actual sidewall to side wall dimension is with the M&H's. Mine measure 13". I wonder if either tire run small compared to the other.

Mike
the M&H's are supposed to be 12.3" wide and they def. run narrower than the M/T's, i am running a 18x11, i used to know the backspacing but forgot, maybe like 55mm?

How wide are the wheels that you are running?

18x11

Users who are viewing this thread