lund or aed

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
AED for me, but honestly, it's a buyers market when it comes to tunes. As long as you go with one of the proven tuners, you can't go wrong.

As far as my experience with AED...nothing but good things. Questions get answered promptly, I don't have to wait more than a few hours usually, and I've continued to get great customer service long after getting my tune. I enjoy the availability of my tuner...so that's a big plus for me.

AED, RevAuto, Lund, JPC, BBR, VMP...pick your poison.

Justin81

Established Member
Looking to get my car tuned with my d1 procharger. I'm looking to get the most out of the car but still want it to be drivable. Who do you guys think will tune it the best? I know there both pretty good tuners

Here's something to think about. How will you be tuning this car. That's going to make a difference.

If you have the ability to have the car on a dyno and tuned by Lund personally than that is a no brainer. I have that benefit as he lives 20 minutes from me and works directly with Evolution who is 5 minutes from me. Same with AED if you are within driving distance.

If you are going to have it on a dyno and remote tuned by either shop than I believe AED has a lot of connections with that and a lot of collaboration work with shops around the country doing remote dyno tuning.

If you are going to deal with Datalogging and revisions via Email? I would rather deal with AED. He seems to shine in this area. He seems very meticulous with revisions and you will need that with the blower car. I think you get one on one communication with him which I don't believe will be the case with Lund. (Correct me if i'm wrong) When you deal with Lund via email it's Lund JR.

Those are my thoughts on this topic. There is a member on here who has a Procharger car that's tuned by Lund on the Dyno and it works very well. His name is Slow306stang or something like that.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
OP you can probobly look into Triangle Speed Shop.

They're fairly local (well I mean there in Texas) but they could do an in house dyno tune for you.

It may be a good route to go for you.

scotmach

Established Member
If the OP can't, or chooses not to go to a shop, several tuners will sell him a " canned tune ".
I don't run a canned tune, nor do I use any of the tuners mentioned in this thread......I wish him good luck.
It's not a canned tune if he data logs and gets revisions.

Why do you continue to post this misinformation on every forum?

Riptide

Established Member
My friend's 2012 traps 2mph faster than my 2014 car in 700' worse air. He has 4.10, boss mani, cai, and o/r x. I have 3.15, o/r h, oap, cai, and a 1 pc driveshaft. Both cars have a tire and are 6r80 automatics.

He has a canned bama tune. I have an aed road tune.

I have no complaints regarding drivability, price, or speed of service.

lpheaven

Established Member
I shopped about 4-5 tuners locally and emailed a few others. The last call i made the 1st question that was asked was "whats your goals for this car ?" I didn't get our n/a tune is this much and s/c is this and you get free tunes for life etc. Not bashing here at all.

I was asked to come down and take a tour of the shop before any numbers were discussed. There are 4 tuners in driving distance all custom dyno shops. All said the same thing, its $$$ for n/a and $$$ for s/c. I took a few peeks at the BBB as well for most of the shops who were registered.

This is why I went with JDM Engineering. The owner even did an extra adjustment an dyno pull and told me hey i was able to squeeze more out of it. I'm sure the tuners who gained popularity on the internet are more than competent to tune a Mustang, but in the end OP, go out into the world and do some research and most important, are you going to be able to build a relationship with the speed shop of your choice. That rates about a 9 for me on the 1-10 scale. If i ask a technical question and get a 4 word answer, my decision has been made already. Some may say the owner is grouchy but im a bigger ****in grouch because I care what the hell someone is doing to my Mustang.

Rob

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
OP you can probobly look into Triangle Speed Shop.

They're fairly local (well I mean there in Texas) but they could do an in house dyno tune for you.

It may be a good route to go for you.
.........A tuner pointing you to another shop is a " good recommendation " in my book.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
....but in the end OP, go out into the world and do some research and most important, are you going to be able to build a relationship with the speed shop of your choice....

That's the best piece of advice in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread