Lund Flex Fuel Tune on 11-14

5pnt0

Established Member
Anyone running the Lund flex fuel tune on an 11-14 GT? Worth it? What all is needed besides injectors and tune? Thinking of doing this on my car.

-Jason

Shredd

Established Member
I am running it on my 2011. I am happy with it using E85 nice smooth running more power and no stinky fumes but, I think the condensation and the positioning of the O2 bung on my Pypes headers caused my O2 sensor to fail. Do you have Long tubes?

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I have been running it for about 1200 miles now. All you need is the injectors and the new tune. But like Shredd said, certain brands of long tube headers have issue running E85. I have Kook's copies so no issues for me. I will say be very thorough with data logging to ensure any cold start or idle issues are sorted out. Took me 3 revisions to get it perfected.

5pnt0

Established Member
So, if the E85 mixes with a small amount of 93 this tune will compensate? Will I still need to test the E85?

Sorry, very new to this and want to make sure I understand everything.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes, the tune will compensate if you have a mixture of the two fuels. It is always recommended to test the E85 you get to see if it's really 85% ethanol, but even if it's less, again, the tune will compensate. That issue becomes more of an issue for high boost cars that have just an E85 tune, flex fuel tunes are not yet compatible with boosted applications.

5pnt0

Established Member
Derek, thank you. I believe I purchased my Lund tune through Lethal if I remember right, been a while. What is the cost of the flex fuel tune?

twistedneck

Established Member
Ok how is this different than a usual E85 tune by Shaun or someone? I have mine tuned for E85 from the barrel - actual 85% Ethanol. Most of the season i'm running E70-E80... And don't think cooks are immune to E85 ****ing up the O2 sensors. I fried both of mine after a couple years straight on E85 - kooks long tubes. That and a new PCV with less blow by seemed to fix my issues.. however, E85 did not do shit to clean off my pistons, i'm guessing due to the constant rich condition? they are black as hell and even my injectors had a ton of e85 / oil mixing 'sludge' on them.

Also, as an aside - most of this oily e85 issue happened when I changed to 30wt Redline racing oil. Before that it was spotless with 5w-20 Mobil 1 gold. I've since reverted back.

i'd love to run a real flex fuel tune like my pals with the LS can run. that way they can change over to gasoline to clean up the e85 specific deposites and vice versa. any way to get the f150 flex fuel ported over to our coyotes?

1quick

Established Member
That's what this tune is flex fuel, you can switch back and fourth or blend e85 and 93 if you want, it adjust for either and anything between, I just received my tune today but my injectors won't be here till tomorrow

5pnt0

Established Member
Going to try to order today. Additional $100 if you are existing customer, why not. Now just need the injectors.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
The Lund flex fuel tune doesn't care whats in the tank. E85, 93 or any mix of the two. The tune is set up to "relearn" ethanol content after filling up with at least 3 gallons. I have gone from a full tank of E85, ran it to less than 1/4, filled with 93 and was able to see the ethanol percentage change live while the computer was learning. For me it works as advertised and I dont need to check the E85 since the tune will compensate. For those needing a true E85 fill and have dedicated E85 tunes, flex fuel is not for you. I would stick with the dedicated tune.

Way2QWK

Established Member
I just got my Lund flex fuel tune done on my car. Only one test drive about 40 miles total and one WOT pull. I dont have much drive time to get a good feel for it yet....but so far it runs so much smoother as the the motor pulls to redline, it feels much stronger in the mid range and it seems to rev or pull so much quicker....very happy so far with it. My car has very minimal power mods but the E85 tune feels better than anything Ive done so far. Fuel economy so far is the same as the 91 lopey idle tune I had in it before.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
Did you see decent gains with the flex fuel tune? Did the car run smoother?

I picked up a lot of the low end back, but my MPG went way down. City went from 15 to 10. Car runs the same either fuel. Some slight hard starting when its below 60, but otherwise it was a good upgrade.

5pnt0

Established Member
Ordered the tune direct from Lund and injectors are also on their way. Looking forward to trying this out hopefully in a few days.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Ordered the tune direct from Lund and injectors are also on their way. Looking forward to trying this out hopefully in a few days.

Do you have any previous dyno or track times so you have something to compare the gains to? ~10whp might not be enough to "feel". Just a thought.

5pnt0

Established Member
I have a dyno run with the current setup, no track times. I can head back to the same dyno after I get this installed.

Users who are viewing this thread