Lucas Flex Fuel Conditioner

slowGstang

Established Member
I use thier products in my semis and cars. All my friends use thier products as well. If they say it works, it works. I stand behind thier products. They're not like other BS additive companies.

Teej281

Established Member
Well tried it out and thus far made it 102 miles on the first quarter of the tank. Usually I'm getting no more than 90 if I'm trying. This time I just drove and didn't really do anything to try to get better gas mileage and it seemed to work. I put about 3oz in as 1 ox treats 5 gallons of fuel. So it's definitely something to try, especially in those that are running the normal e10 that's at all pumps. No idea how it will work for you guys running e85 but it did ok thus far with e10 in my GT with a thermostat that's stuck open and won't allow my car to get to operating temperature...so it's starting to run rich all the time.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have never been a fan of "Additives" in general. Oil or fuel.

Fuel and oil companies come up with specific additive packages for oil and fuel.

Adding you "Own" additive only throws off the package the companies were trying to acheive.

I would say unless your a chemist, leave it alone.

I have been running E85 for over a year and a half and never added anything to my fuel. I have never had an issue.

You know the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Teej281

Established Member
Well when running it in normal petrol based fuels that are a minor percentage ethanol, it could be beneficial but for using it in e85, I wouldn't screw with it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have never been a fan of "Additives" in general. Oil or fuel.

Fuel and oil companies come up with specific additive packages for oil and fuel.

Adding you "Own" additive only throws off the package the companies were trying to acheive.

I would say unless your a chemist, leave it alone.

I have been running E85 for over a year and a half and never added anything to my fuel. I have never had an issue.

You know the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I am a chemist and that's my view on it as well.

Teej281

Established Member
With the government having its hands all in everything these days, it wouldnt surprise me that the fuel that we put in our cars isnt taken all that much care in making. As long as it meets the octane standards they probably just pass it right through.

Users who are viewing this thread