Ls1 in cobra

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
lol i wasnt trying to sound gay, im a little jelous of the ls1 and i feel like my engine is worthless in potential and if i had enough money i would of got a termi and not of been mad, but i keep hearing that my engine is worthless.

Who keeps telling you this?

Perhaps the people misinforming you are jealous of your exotic domestic engine, that was hand built with pride by two specialized Ford workers.

Ls1, while nice is a "cookie cutter" factory assembled engine built by robots.

32v Cobra engine hand assembled with sweat, skill, pride and American labor.

tistan

Established Member
If your going to do this sell the cobra and get a v6. You can pick up a v6 with a blown motor or trans for pretty cheap.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Who keeps telling you this?

Perhaps the people misinforming you are jealous of your exotic domestic engine, that was hand built with pride by two specialized Ford workers.

Ls1, while nice is a "cookie cutter" factory assembled engine built by robots.

32v Cobra engine hand assembled with sweat, skill, pride and American labor.

SWEET! LS1's are built by robots :rockon:.

lol

I'm pretty sure LS7's are hand built though? Right?

- Mike

Last edited:

stang3O2

Established Member
it would be cheaper and faster if you just throw a blower on the 32v. Plus it will sound better!

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member

lol

- Mike

Yes that is correct, the LS7 is hand built. So is the LS9 in the 09 ZR-1 from what I have been reading.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
Yes that is correct, the LS7 is hand built. So is the LS9 in the 09 ZR-1 from what I have been reading.

There hand built, just like all z06 motors.

Op, why not just get a Terminator? Sorry to say but it would prob be cheaper in the end. Thats what im doing but im also looking at getting a C6 Corvette.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
but again on the focred induction i read that the 99-01 motors cant handle it and 99- 01 dont last long with forced induction even with forged internals

you really need to do some research, who ever is telling you this is a clueless **** and needs to pull their head outta their ass. A stock motor with a blower will make some power but how long it will last is a gamble. Some people are still on the stock block for 3+ years with kb's and centris and what not. Look at Double O hes been on the KB for quite sometime. A well built forged 99-01 will make and hold power for a long time. Proper maitnence and oil level depend on you but people are making tons of power on built new edge motors...i guess im alittle pissed of because people always doubt, criticize and knock the new edge cobras. I just cant wait to get my Novi or D1 on my car and go out hunting.
\End Rant

Last edited:

VEGASDAN

Gambled and Won
Established Member
I agree that a stock LS1 is a way more powerfull motor, and it makes more satisfying torque too. But put a 100 shot on a cobra motor and it rocks. Sounds badass.:beer:

SeankySnake

Established Member
Who in their right minds say that 99-01's have no potentiel? My friend they have hit the crack pipe too many times. These vids speak for themselves. All you need is a good rebuild, complete FR500 HCI package, good tune, take a look at these vids.

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/FR500-HCI-99-Cobra-vs-03_93914.htm"]FR500 H,C,I 99 Cobra vs. Bolt-on, PUllied 03 Cobr- Video[/ame]

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/99-Cobra-vs-03-Cobra_95511.htm"]99 Cobra vs. 03 Cobra- Video[/ame]

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Naz-99-Cobra-Instant_161933.htm"]Naz' 99 Cobra: Instant Trottle Response!- Video[/ame]

Nuff said!

Last edited:

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
There hand built, just like all z06 motors.

<SNIP>

Don't mean to split hairs but....

That's not entirely accurate.

Not "all" Z06 engines were hand built like the Cobra engines.

The LS6 engine of the C5 Z06 line was not hand built.

The LS7 in the C6 Z06 is.
:beer:

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
Don't mean to split hairs but....

That's not entirely accurate.

Not "all" Z06 engines were hand built like the Cobra engines.

The LS6 engine of the C5 Z06 line was not hand built.

The LS7 in the C6 Z06 is.
:beer:

naw not at all, damn near like chewbacca so ya did me a favor :beer::dancenana::dancenana:

killrSVT

Established Member

lol

- Mike

I think LSD's are made by Chevy Burnouts.. Lol, bad joke.. Anyway,
cobravenom99, Why did you buy a cobra? Are you a Chevy mole in the SVTP forum? Camaro's are dirt cheap these days. Go get one. I respect the hell out of an SS or a WS6, but I would never own one. Look like Poop-Poo.. IMO.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
but again on the focred induction i read that the 99-01 motors cant handle it and 99- 01 dont last long with forced induction even with forged internals

Just put in forged pistons and stroke the motor out with a 5.1 stroker kit, higher compression rebuild the bottom end forge the motor, do 03 cobra heads or fr500 / ported heads, do new cams, full bolt ons and u can make like 400-500hp n/a !!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread