Lowering springs for the Boss?

Boss949

Established Member
Did airaid say is would work on a 13? If so, I'm ordering.
And no tune is required??

Yes, they did and so did Shaun @AED. He actually prefers that particular unit. The other lower priced units will work also; but I prefer the PJ Carbon one you are considering. Just leave the MVT insert in and no tune needed.

You can order this weekend, probably won't be fulfilled until Monday anyway; call them to verify you questions.

The guys I talked to were very knowledgable about the Boss and will be glad to give you all the advice you need.

ps. I'm considering a Raptor. How much you like yours?

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I don't think the vents are a problem one way or another. The 302S hood has the vents directly over the filter and guys wash their cars and drive in the rain with no issues. I wouldn't do that but... I've talked to the Boss owner who's car Airaid used to make the intake and he hasn't had any issues. The 2013 vents are further back so they will be less of an issue.

Grant808

Established Member
I'd have to find the threads, but I recall a couple of people having problems in the rain and stalling with the '13s and open CAIs.

NJSP117

Established Member
Only issue is with any open CAI on the '13s...is water coming from the hood vents getting in the air filter.

That's an interesting thought....I'll have to do a search for that as well. I ordered it this morning...but I really don't drive it int he rain, so hopefully it's not an issue.....

65sohc

Established Member

NJSP117

Established Member

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Anyone sell just the rears? I think the front sits fine. I want the car to have a level stance. I'd looking at the FRPP springs.

Edit, Eh, I just ordered a set from American Muscle for $199.99. Anyone want a set of front P-Springs?? :)

Last edited:

Unrealford

Established Member
Anyone sell just the rears? I think the front sits fine. I want the car to have a level stance. I'd looking at the FRPP springs.

Edit, Eh, I just ordered a set from American Muscle for $199.99. Anyone want a set of front P-Springs?? :)

Sure for free? I

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

NJSP117

Established Member
P1030425.jpg

Couldn't resist.....ordered last night! Great look! :beer:

65sohc

Established Member
Steeda will sell just rear springs. That's what I did and it is perfect. Unladen the rear fender lip is 1/8" higher than the front. Mention allfordmustangs.com and they drop the price and ship for free.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
I wish I had known that. Oh well, hopefully they will be here by Friday afternoon so I can put them on. Saturday morning I have a Toys for Tots cruise. :)

idhitit

Established Member
Steeda will sell just rear springs. That's what I did and it is perfect. Unladen the rear fender lip is 1/8" higher than the front. Mention allfordmustangs.com and they drop the price and ship for free.

How much for the rear springs and did you need a panhard bar?

Thanks
Steve

rcode1965

Established Member
Lowering springs, rear only..

I have thought about just doing the rear springs on my 2013 Boss also.. Which steeda springs did you go with? I just want to level the car... Also, do you have a photos.. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread