Lowering springs for the Boss?

Unrealford

Established Member
I was thinking of going with the Steeda or the Roush Trac suspension .

Do all aftermarket springs add more noise? And will I have trouble getting it into the trailer is another worry. As of right now it clears without any additional blocks.

LindsayEOD

Established Member
I was thinking of going with the Steeda or the Roush Trac suspension .

Do all aftermarket springs add more noise? And will I have trouble getting it into the trailer is another worry. As of right now it clears without any additional blocks.

No, not all springs add noise. In the three that I've used, none have made additional noise. As far as getting into a trailer, it depends on what drop you go with and what trailer/ramps you have.

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
Orange,
How are you running the Airaid CAI with the track key? Isn't the track key tuned to use the enclosed airbox? Does the open element allow too much air?

I just left in the MVT insert. That's what it is designed for. CAI with no tune.

I dyno'ed it here in Houston at 421hp 366tq. I don't know if it helped and can't tell if it helped but it sure looks good.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
That looks awesome! Love the white boss...was my second choice to GB. Car looks great with the lower stance. Is the ride quality much different on the BMRs?

Thanks, its a little more bouncy. Not terrible

what springs are they? looked at the bmr website and did not find a boss mustang lowering spring. what other suspension mods where needed? just springs or where other components needed?

They are the only spring BMR sells, same as the Gt. My friend even has them on his gt500. All I did was replace the upper strut mounts (as my stock ones came apart when removed and ford says not to reuse this part) and camber bolts.

Boss949

Established Member
I just left in the MVT insert. That's what it is designed for. CAI with no tune.

I dyno'ed it here in Houston at 421hp 366tq. I don't know if it helped and can't tell if it helped but it sure looks good.

OC, The Airaid; Did you get the Carbon Fiber Tube (Parnelli Jones)?

thanks.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Post some pics of that....I'm considering the same...

P1030425.jpg

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Airaid, top quality stuff. :beer:

Also note it eliminates the sound tube completely. No cap to cover the hole. That was huge for me.

Boss949

Established Member
I'm ready to order the CAI kit, but on the Airaid website, it only lists the 2012 Boss 302.
If I'm not mistaken, there is no reason this WOULDN'T work on a 2013 Boss 302....right?
Looks great....really cleans up the engine bay... :beer:

That's the one. I've talked to their customer service about it. If you want to be sure, call them on Monday.

part # 453-174

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread