Lowering my GT500

snakecharmer

Established Member
Yes, the 4x4 look needs to go. I would like to lower it a bit, but NOT slam it. I am very happy with the way the car handles and rides just like it is, I really would hate to ruin it.

What's consensus for the best system/kit out there to lower it a inch or so? The car will also being receiving some 20" wheels soon, so don't want to overdo it here.

Advise from those that have been there would be most welcome.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Yes, the 4x4 look needs to go. I would like to lower it a bit, but NOT slam it. I am very happy with the way the car handles and rides just like it is, I really would hate to ruin it.

What's consensus for the best system/kit out there to lower it a inch or so? The car will also being receiving some 20" wheels soon, so don't want to overdo it here.

I have Ford racing springs on mine. They lower the car 1.25 inches. I'm very happy with them. The "best" I'm not sure but I have no complaints with them. The pic in the sig was prelowering.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i also have the FRPP SVT handling pack, i like it so much better than stock

Blaine

Established Member
If your budget allows go with coilovers all around. With those you can adjust/fine tune your ride height exactly where you want it.

Wish this is the route I went with in the first place.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

i would do the griggs starter kit. its a little more expensive but you will get the best of both worlds. total adjustment front and back, coil overs and all four corners, and a great ride for the street or track!
Griggs Racing Products

6-Speed

Established Member
I just ordered the Ford Racing springs from my vendor last week. They are currently on back-order from Ford Racing. I plan to add a BMR adjustable panhard bar and a UPR Products panhard brace and perhaps the camber bolts that Leonard 95 installed.

Last edited:

snakecharmer

Established Member

Leonard 95

Established Member
I did just the springs, the ride with the ford springs and stock shock/struts wasn't bad at all. You could tell it was slightly stiffer but not bouncy. My ride with the sportline and tokico shock/struts is about stock ride with my settings.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I have the FR3 suspension on mine, it's darn near perfect. It's MUCH better than stock both in ride firmness and quality. The adjustable struts/shocks really make it nice if you want to go on a long drive with comfort...but if you want to head to the track and run it hard..... just a few turns of the supplied allen tool and you're set.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I have the FR3 suspension on mine, it's darn near perfect. It's MUCH better than stock both in ride firmness and quality. The adjustable struts/shocks really make it nice if you want to go on a long drive with comfort...but if you want to head to the track and run it hard..... just a few turns of the supplied allen tool and you're set.

+1 :coolman:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

exactly

chuckstang

Established Member
Coil overs
Griggs looks to be the best

I would just start with the front and rear coil overs.

No need for the other stuff right away IMO

I am not sold on the tq arm, plus a simple UCA and LCAs swap will get rid of the wheel hop.

Only thing you will need to add is an adj panhard of your choosing. Griggs makes a nice one.

Still even with just an Adj panhard and front and rear coil overs, it will cost you over $2k

Users who are viewing this thread