Lowered The Snake Today

Established Member
I'm going to cut my springs in about 2 weeks. Fug it. If I don't like it I'll just buy some H&R's and be done with it. I'll post pics and let everyone know the outcome. 1 coil off each spring cut from the bottom and stock isolaters and we'll go from there.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
that is my game plan as well
7168548 said:
I'm going to cut my springs in about 2 weeks. Fug it. If I don't like it I'll just buy some H&R's and be done with it. I'll post pics and let everyone know the outcome. 1 coil off each spring cut from the bottom and stock isolaters and we'll go from there.

newmystic

Established Member
ripped out lowering springs and cut the stock springs

handles better than the aftermarkets... waiting to see a cobra with coilovers... for the long term...

cobra_dropped.jpg

cdh027

Established Member
newmystic said:
handles better than the aftermarkets... waiting to see a cobra with coilovers... for the long term...

How much did you cut off the front and rear ?

BO TY KLR

Established Member
newmystic said:

cobra_dropped.jpg

Sits about the same as mine with H&R SS. Looks good newmystic.
403mustang_lowered1-med.jpg

cdh027

Established Member
newmystic said:

cobra_dropped.jpg

Newmystic, did you cut 1 coil in the front as well as the rear or did you cut a little less in the rear ?

04torchred

Established Member
When you cut your stock springs or any springs for that matter do you have any problems with the spring seating in the pocket properly? Just asking for you guys that have done this. I always thought you would have problems with the spring seating back into the pocket like it should.

If everything is fine then I will cut 1/2-3/4 of a coil off front and rear until I buy springs.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
why not go one full coil like everyone else is? that would make more sense to me because this way your not messing with the handling if you cut them at an uneven number. does that sound right?

10Key

Established Member
For all you guys that have cut your stockers, have you had any problems with aligning afterwords, i.e. a need for CC Plates?

04torchred

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
why not go one full coil like everyone else is? that would make more sense to me because this way your not messing with the handling if you cut them at an uneven number. does that sound right?

I would just go less for now to see how I like it sitting. Then I can cut more if I want. Don't want to cut 1 full coil and have it too low. Just thought it maybe okay to try until I have the cash for springs, since I would rather get a CAI, shifter, etc right now.

jpicc

Established Member
10Key said:
For all you guys that have cut your stockers, have you had any problems with aligning afterwords, i.e. a need for CC Plates?

I have the bump-steer kit and caster/camber plates.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
I'll have a set of stock spring's for sale tommorrow(26k) if anyone need's them to experiment with...Make me a offer doing H&R ss' tommorrow.

Jay

4.6speed

Established Member
01svtruck said:
alright guys when changing springs do you have to have a spring compressor?
No you do not, that is the hard and dangerous way to do it. Just pull the rear 2 IRS bolts and let the back half of the IRS swing down to let the springs fall out.

Users who are viewing this thread