Lowered The Snake Today

04Torchvert

Established Member
SPXTrader said:
Any info on this yet? Would there be a difference between an '01 and an '03?

Well I can answer my own question. I did it yesterday and I love it. I have a thread on it in suspensions

YGETV8

Established Member
Finally got a pic:

side%20view.jpg

This is with about 7/8 coil (diameter) cut from rear and just shy of one full coil front. Resulted in a measured drop of 1.5" rear and 1.25" front. Still very happy with the ride and cosmetic results.

whocares

Established Member
YGETV8 said:
Finally got a pic:

side%20view.jpg

This is with about 7/8 coil (diameter) cut from rear and just shy of one full coil front. Resulted in a measured drop of 1.5" rear and 1.25" front. Still very happy with the ride and cosmetic results.
Looks good. Could you post a picture of the parts you cut off?

newmystic

Established Member
I bought spring kit and took it off and cut my stocks

cut stock springs ride better

img_1303_std.jpg

img_1313_std.jpg

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
sambandit said:
Hillbilly...lol. There is no fricken reason not to cut your springs if that is what you want to do. This way you can get the car to sit EXACTLY like you want to, instead of having the stance that Eibach or Steeda or H&R thinks that is best. Here are my ghetto results.....

comp2.jpg

I thought you were running the Kennie Brown springs?

Crowley

HissedOff

Established Member
Alright, Now my wheels are turnin in my head! I have an '01 'vert and this spring cutting sounds great. However....does it do anything for the wheel hop issue? Im assuming that it doesnt help, but then again..lowering the car changes all kinds of suspension geometry. Thoughts?
I can also tailor the ride height in the rear to compensate for about 100 lbs of stereo equipment! Cool!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread