lowered on stock

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
So are most of you guys running Pro Kit, BMR, and Steeda Ultralites on stock struts/shocks and no uca? Do these kits not lower the car enough to effect pinion angle.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
So are most of you guys running Pro Kit, BMR, and Steeda Ultralites on stock struts/shocks and no uca? Do these kits not lower the car enough to effect pinion angle.

Nothing more than the springs for me. It lowers the car enough to take out the 4x4 look, and plenty for me.

BMR Tech

If any of you have any questions about this topic, feel free to give me a call and we can chat about the effects of lowering - on stock stuff....various springs, their rates......drive train angles and their effects - etc.

I personally do not recommend lowering on stock struts. Shocks seem to be okay, but the struts are hit or miss. I have seen some last 90K miles on BMR Springs, and some only last 800 miles. We have probably close to thousands running on stock dampers.....BUT, I am not a fan of doing things twice.

I'll be in the office from 10 - 5:30 EST tomorrow if any of you have any questions, or just want to talk about suspension.

65sohc

Established Member
I'm running BMR springs with stock Boss adjustable dampers. Excellent ride, handling and stance. I had a SEVERE issue with front end noise that was completely cured with the simple installation of isolators on the upper coils.

BMR Tech

I'm running BMR springs with stock Boss adjustable dampers. Excellent ride, handling and stance. I had a SEVERE issue with front end noise that was completely cured with the simple installation of isolators on the upper coils.

That is an excellent combo (BMR Springs / Boss Dampers)

Keep me updated sir. :beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I have K springs which are pretty low and I have never scraped on anything. The front isn't as low as sportlines... but here's a rolling pic to give you an idea of how low the K's are.

4234b2a6-78a0-448d-8d7d-2a3bf4edf26a_zps3081a793.jpg

5213e69a-cc3c-4e39-a24f-231b86e9e9fb_zps4fa292d0.jpg

i had this set up and it was perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread