lowered on stock

mbreaux05

Established Member
Anyone running just lowering springs and adj PHB on your stock shocks and struts?

How is the ride quality?
any issues?
How many miles do you have on them?

pics are always welcome

Last edited:

5PointOHNO

Established Member
Just lowered the 2011 on Eibach Sportlines... it's quite stiff, but no issues thus far. In fact, I rather enjoy the feel.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Prokit and stock struts and shocks. Blew a strut when I hit a hard core hump doing 80 on the highway. Still need to swap it with my new ones but in just not in the mood to do an alignment after the swap.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Prokit with stock strut/shock here. Ride quality is good, but after 25k miles they make a little noise over bumps now.

Rct851

Established Member
just throw on some bmr springs...best ride quality you can get, great performance too :D

Want pic of you have them...

After many months of deciding, I'm about to pull the trigger on BMR's... I'm worried the sportlines are too much drop for stock shocks and struts. Along with scrapping and bottoming out. Also less straight lines traction from not being able to shift weight.

Please anyone correct me on any of this if you have a different experience or of I'm just flat wrong

11redGT/CS

Established Member
k springs installed about 2 weeks ago on stock shocks/struts 42k miles im sure theyre on there way out but rides good!

twistid

Established Member
I have a question that pertains to this thread, to properly lower a 11+ 5.0, do you require LCA brackets and an adjustable UCA? I would like to lower my 5.0 as well, but I would like to do it properly without maligning the geometry of the factory suspension potentially causing further issues.

mbreaux05

Established Member
I have a question that pertains to this thread, to properly lower a 11+ 5.0, do you require LCA brackets and an adjustable UCA? I would like to lower my 5.0 as well, but I would like to do it properly without maligning the geometry of the factory suspension potentially causing further issues.

Well, I have been doing tons of research on this, and this is what I came up with. to lower properly, youll need: Springs, shocks/struts, strut mounts, adj panhard bar, LCA, UCA, relocation brackets.

It seems you can do without the LCA/UCA and relocation brackets in the beginning and be fine.

Im trying to see whos running just springs on stock struts/shocks, and panhard.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member

After many months of deciding, I'm about to pull the trigger on BMR's... I'm worried the sportlines are too much drop for stock shocks and struts. Along with scrapping and bottoming out. Also less straight lines traction from not being able to shift weight.

Please anyone correct me on any of this if you have a different experience or of I'm just flat wrong

I run the SS springs and straight line traction can be fantastic. It just takes some playing with the suspension. I originally set it up the way I wanted and was great, BMR recommended at the time something different, tried that and it got worse, talked to them on the phone and we changed some more stuff and it got a lot better than either previous setup.

I rarely scrap/bottom out, but you have to be mindful of roads. I can't enter leave a very few parking lots I used to be able to.

You just get used to what you can and can't do. I don't feel that limited, minus a few fast food restaurants I can't go to anymore in certain locations.

I am lower than the sportlines and running a short tire so I am very low.

Last edited:

ogsucka

Established Member
Well, I have been doing tons of research on this, and this is what I came up with. to lower properly, youll need: Springs, shocks/struts, strut mounts, adj panhard bar, LCA, UCA, relocation brackets.

It seems you can do without the LCA/UCA and relocation brackets in the beginning and be fine.

Im trying to see whos running just springs on stock struts/shocks, and panhard.

I'm running bmr springs, factory struts/shocks and adj pan hard. Rides fine except for the fact that I forgot to trim the bump stops when installing the springs up front so it rattles... Kinda annoying but I'm to lazy to pull the car into the shop and take them out. It's been about 15k since I put them in and everything is A ok. Drop is perfect, ride is surprisingly smooth as well.

mbreaux05

Established Member
I'm running bmr springs, factory struts/shocks and adj pan hard. Rides fine except for the fact that I forgot to trim the bump stops when installing the springs up front so it rattles... Kinda annoying but I'm to lazy to pull the car into the shop and take them out. It's been about 15k since I put them in and everything is A ok. Drop is perfect, ride is surprisingly smooth as well.

Good to hear! I don't think I'm going to attempt this install myself. I haven't seen many "how to" threads on suspension installs.

Plus I'm leaning towards actually getting a full kit and not just the springs.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Steeds ultra lites ftw!!! I been rolling on them for over a year and they ride great!!! I tried the swap to sport lines and those were on for 3 days till I couldn't take the ride anymore. Rode like ass!!! Steeds ultralites all the way!!!

Ratchet

Established Member
I'm lowered on K springs, with a panhard and upper lower ca's. Stock shocks and struts. Coming from a stiff as hell cobra this thing has a very nice ride. Been on to long road trips with it with many days of 10-12 hrs in the car and it was fine. Corners pretty damn good, ride is stiff but not to bouncy at all. I was thinking when I first dropped it that I would be doing shocks and struts before long, but as time went on now at 11k miles, I put money else where and will do them once I blow out the stockers. :beer:

Ratchet

Established Member

I have K springs which are pretty low and I have never scraped on anything. The front isn't as low as sportlines... but here's a rolling pic to give you an idea of how low the K's are.

4234b2a6-78a0-448d-8d7d-2a3bf4edf26a_zps3081a793.jpg

5213e69a-cc3c-4e39-a24f-231b86e9e9fb_zps4fa292d0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread