Low RPM (1500 to 1900) Surge/Misfire Finally Fixed!

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Mike i wish i knew.
I've showed a bunch of people and got different answer but at the sametime no one was 100% sure.
Good news is the part is only 30 bucks, the bad news is, the part is 30 bucks.....lmao.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by yeasure
Dominick32, just in case you don't see it, look above your last post for the pic.
IAT = "Intake Air Temp" valve
My cobra did the samething after my upper pully/tune, never knew what was happening until i checked the IAT and blam thats what caused mine.
Now i havn't had any problems with mine since but this doesn't mean it's the same problem/problem area as everyone else.
Just check your IAT to make sure then go from there.

No, no. I know what the IAT is im just curious as to how the hell it happened?
Do you have pics of it burned? Before pics?

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
This is the only before pic i have----> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/redtrousersnake/detail?.dir=e843&.dnm=1c4e.jpg
Yes i did throw a code, it was p1112 i do believe.
But my car was doing the samething everyone is talking about and like i said that was my problem.
I did however clean my MAF way before this was posted and it didn't help but it coulda been because it was the IAT not the MAF(i would think so.....lol).
Btw it's sensor not valve(my bad).

Last edited:

Dominick32

BANNED
This is the only before pic i have----> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/redtrousersnake/detail?.dir=e843&.dnm=1c4e.jpg
Yes i did throw a code, it was p1112 i do believe.
But my car was doing the samething everyone is talking about and like i said that was my problem.
I did however clean my MAF way before this was posted and it didn't help but it coulda been because it was the IAT not the MAF(i would think so.....lol).
Btw it's sensor not valve(my bad).
thanks alot man.
MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED BY CLEANING THE MAF..
But if it ever acts up again this is the first area I will look toward.
Thanks again,

Dom

Last edited:

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I hope we(03 owners) can figure out whats causing this, i don't think the IAT is the only thing but it's one trouble area to look at.
Just remember to post any new info if anyone has any(not sure why i hadn't posted this before:shrug: )

coleman

Established Member
Well, I just cleaned my MAF but messed up my K&N ... damn KB CAI! ... never intended to fit down there :(
Anyway, I'm trying to locate another filter right now :cryying:

and i'll check out my IAT as well...

Last edited:

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by Boosted 03
The cleaner sprayed up on face, luckily I wear glasses. I was always under the notion that messing with the MAF was a no, no. We'll see, I'll be the Guinee pig on this one.
:beer:

Sprayed in my eye too. It stung like hell even after washing my eye out.

hmwave

Established Member
Mike i wish i knew.
I've showed a bunch of people and got different answer but at the sametime no one was 100% sure.
Good news is the part is only 30 bucks, the bad news is, the part is 30 bucks.....lmao.

Which temp sensor is that?
The one in the air intake pipe behind the MAF?

Or the one on the back of the blower beneath and to the drivers side of the EGR valve?
(actually that is a temp. sensor, right? or is it a pressure sensor?)

coleman

Established Member
my IAT looks fine ... how did you do that to yours?!?
anyway, filter goes on later this evening & then off to a show tomorrow morning.

coleman

Established Member
My car does seem to cruise more smoothly now ... but I've had the car act quite differently after the battery has been disconnected in the past.

I do think my MAF was a little dirty, but I'll need to drive around a little more to see if it is truly acting better.

Initial impressions are good though :thumbsup:

Boosted 03

Established Member
O.k., Itook it for a drive this morning. Recap: Yesterday I cleaned the MAF wire and cleaned the K&N. I also moved my MAF sensor to the 9:00 position, it was at roughly 12:00/1:00. I simply lined up the IAT with the MAF sensor. I left the battery unhooked all night and hooked it up this morning. I let the car idle to Operating Temp and the PCM adjust the IDle. I must say that it does in fact drive better know between 1,000 and 2,200 RPM. It would buck and shake before, enough to make the exhaust and drivetrain rattle. It was smooth as glass and I could only hear a faint hint of small misfire cruising at about 1,800 RPM in first which is usually the worst. Know miss can be felt, but we'll wait until I get a couple drive cycles under her belt before a final conclusion. I drove the car for about 45 minutes. So far so good!

Silver10thAConv

Established Member
I cleaned my K&N a couple weeks(it was filthy) ago and it didn't make any difference. I read this post a couple days ago and immediately went to Autozone and picked up the cleaner. I cleaned the sensor Thursday night and it's like a new car. I've been putting up with the miss/stumble for a long time. Now I won't be embarrassed to take people for rides to show what it'll do.

THANKS MAN!!!:thumbsup:

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by Silver10thAConv
I cleaned my K&N a couple weeks(it was filthy) ago and it didn't make any difference. I read this post a couple days ago and immediately went to Autozone and picked up the cleaner. I cleaned the sensor Thursday night and it's like a new car. I've been putting up with the miss/stumble for a long time. Now I won't be embarrassed to take people for rides to show what it'll do.

THANKS MAN!!!:thumbsup:

No problem brother!!!!!!!!
thank Mike79 also!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Will try today. I'm running rough between 850 and 1400 RPM.s I used to have the stumble at 1600 RPM's but that went away with the new flash.

Also, will make sure to get the mega blast of FI cleaner to get the injectors cleaned up.

Users who are viewing this thread