Low mile 03 Cobra and ?'s

Qwk GT

Established Member
Hi all,

I just picked up my 03 cobra about 2 weeks ago. I was curious if there is anything I should do/watch out for with the amount of miles are on it. I bought it with 4454 miles on it, and have put on about 450 miles.

Only thing I've done is changed the oil, and been pretty easy on it. I did a couple of short WOT blips just to get a feel for the car. I'm going to change the coolant within the next couple of weeks also.

So anything I should watch out for? I don't beat on my cars, but I would like to start getting on it a little more, but not sure if I should drive it around a little more before I do.

I have no idea how the previous owner stored it, if they started it every once in a while or not.

Thanks for the input.

big dad

Established Member
I'd say with that low of miles the car was probably pampered and maintained. You've already driven it 450 miles with no problems. I'd say your good to go.

Btw, I've owned my 03 over 9 years and it has 2082 miles on it, with no problems, because I take care of my stuff. I change the oil every 1000 miles, and it sits in a trailer. No, it's not a trailer queen. I just have other vehicles that I drive, and I've run out of garage space

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I'd say with that low of miles the car was probably pampered and maintained. You've already driven it 450 miles with no problems. I'd say your good to go.

Btw, I've owned my 03 over 9 years and it has 2082 miles on it, with no problems, because I take care of my stuff. I change the oil every 1000 miles, and it sits in a trailer. No, it's not a trailer queen. I just have other vehicles that I drive, and I've run out of garage space

You've only changed the oil twice in over 9 years? Do you let the engine run to reach temp. now and then? It's your car, but I think I'd change that oil at least once a year.

OP- Sounds like a nice car! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

GA Terminator

Established Member
I have an 03 that I bought new in May of 04. It has 7700 on the clock, with no problems to date. I change the oil by time, not milage, every 6 months. You could change the coolant, maybe even the brake fluid, as you may want to check it first. The last thing might be the trans fluid. Good luck.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Fuel filter,keep a eye on the battery see if it holds a Charge
Also check the tire psi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread