Love my new exhaust setup

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does sound nasty, but I, too, would like to hear a drive-by for full effect. Hopefully you can do another video this weekend.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Yeah, they're Borla S-type mufflers.

I have Borla S and also SS exhaust. They are not the same muffler. I am running stock exhaust other than cat back. The SS drone like crazy with my stock setup so I went back to the S. I loved the oval tips.

Tom

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have Borla S and also SS exhaust. They are not the same muffler. I am running stock exhaust other than cat back. The SS drone like crazy with my stock setup so I went back to the S. I loved the oval tips.

Tom
It's weird the drone issue these mufflers have, my last 14 GT500 with just a OFR X pipe and the SS exhaust the drone was bad. But with my new car having ARH headers I almost have no drone on the highway. I don't know if headers make a difference with drone

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
It's weird the drone issue these mufflers have, my last 14 GT500 with just a OFR X pipe and the SS exhaust the drone was bad. But with my new car having ARH headers I almost have no drone on the highway. I don't know if headers make a difference with drone
I've run the SS mufflers w/ stock mid pipe, MRT O/R H and now the headers w/ hi flow cats, the headers definitely give them a cleaner sound.

fearthesnake

Established Member

Tom
Can you have a muffler shop cut the SS Oval tips and weld back on the Borla S mufflers?

RBB

Established Member
I had an off-road X before I did headers and my car got quieter at idle and cruising RPMs after I did the headers. It was whisper quiet at highway speeds with the longtubes.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've run the SS mufflers w/ stock mid pipe, MRT O/R H and now the headers w/ hi flow cats, the headers definitely give them a cleaner sound.
Yeah the factory manifolds make them drone a lot more
Can you have a muffler shop cut the SS Oval tips and weld back on the Borla S mufflers?
The oval tips are just held on by a clamp, You can have them welded on a different muffler, Buts a lot of money for the SS exhaust system just to use the tips
I had an off-road X before I did headers and my car got quieter at idle and cruising RPMs after I did the headers. It was whisper quiet at highway speeds with the longtubes.
Yeah the LTs are a must have when you do the SS axle back.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Yes, but it would be costly. The S have TWO pipes coming out the back instead of one. So, it would difficult to redesign the back of the muffler. The easier solution would be a 10-12 muffler with a single pipe out the back and then the SS tip welded to it.

For me, not worth the hassle. Maybe for someone else.

Tom

KP_510

Established Member
Does anyone know why they don’t make Corsa Extremes for 13-14 GT500?

Or are my google skills just trash?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Corsa is in Ohio, I really want to work with them on a dual mode exhaust/active exhaust like my Hellcat and the GT350s/'18+ Mustangs.
I know S197 guys would like the option.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread