Loud Commercials!!

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
This has to be one of the most annoying things ever. I'm watching Discovery channel, nice quiet nature show. Animals n shit.. you know, relaxing. Got all my shit set up so I can work on my R/C car on the keyboard tray. Then all the sudden....

ARE YOU OVERWEIGHT??!! SMALL PENIS?!!!!! WELL GUESS WHAT FATASS?!!!!! WE HAVE A CURE FOR YOU!!!! IT'S A WONDER PILL!!!!!!!!

Parts fly, soda knocked over, can't find the remote.. Jeeee-eeeEE--SUS!! Some of these commercials are so loud that they're distorted. And it's not even my speakers that distort, their network signal can't handle the damn Db levels. It's like walking through the park on a nice sunny day and all of the sudden some FREAK comes out and screams in your face..
cometodaddycopy.jpg

I'd like to catch one of these network editors on their way out of the office and scare the shit out of them. And then ask them how it feels.

Last edited:

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
LOL gotta be the funniest damn post I read all day. I know what you mean though.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Some TVs have a feature that automatically cuts the volume during these commercials, just for this very reason. I'm about to buy one myself.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Beware, a LOT of those T.V.'s can only excercise that feature if you directly connect the cable into the T.V.. In otherwords, if you use a box, as most people do, the feature will not work.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell yeah, especially right as you're trying to go to sleep!

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I agree, I hate that. Normally you have to cut the volume in half for the commercials that are the same volume as the tv show. Normally I mute the commercials if I'm paying attention so stuff like that doesn't happen to me.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
:lol: dude it's so true commercials in general piss me off but those extra-loud ones make me wanna toss the damn tv out the window. The worst is when you are falling asleep to the soft sounds of the tv, teetering on the edge of consciousness, when BAM a commercial 50 decibels louder than the three-bar-time-to-sleep volume setting cascades through your ears and rattles your brain, the result of which leaves you an incurable insomniac for the rest of the night.

banshee400

type911 said:
I hear you bro. Especialy if you have a kickass surround sound. Wake the dead those darn things.
I DON'T USE SURROUND WHEN I AM WATCHING CABLE CHANNELS WITH COMMERCIALS WHO WANTS TO HERE THE SOFTEST SOUNDING COMMERCIALS IN SURROUND. YES I ALSO HATE THOSE. AND WHEN YOU GO FROM 1 CHANNEL TO ANOTHER AND YOU HAVE TO TURN IT UP OR DOWN.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since getting a new Samsung HD tv I rarely use my surround sound. Only with movies. The sound is really awesome. And I think I now have a steady diet of DiscoveryHD, ESPN-HD, etc.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Wakes the living dead, "watching animals and shit". :lol:

Mind you the beer commercials slinging suds w/ plenty o' hotties are OK.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
xilix said:
Beware, a LOT of those T.V.'s can only excercise that feature if you directly connect the cable into the T.V.. In otherwords, if you use a box, as most people do, the feature will not work.

Yes. My TV has this feature, but it only works if I use the TV's built in tuner.

That's why I've trained myself to reach the "mute" button in under 0.002 seconds.

It's not just the volume, it's the annoyance of it all.

All commercials are the same and are geared toward the lowest common denominator. Practically all commercials start in exactly two ways.

Either it's:
"Introducing!! blah blah blah"
or
"Did you know........"

And they all use the same music... Plucking strings or soft piano. It makes you wanna puke.

Watch for it. It will drive you crazy and then you'll really be reaching for that "mute" button.

The only commercials that might be worth watching are beer commercials anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread