Lots 'o' turbo install and new pics

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Great looking car and love the set-up. I have been waiting to see the hellion kit actually on one of our cars.

Can't wait to see numbers.

Any idea what boost you can go up to on that set up?

JasonSnake

Established Member
that's some hard azz plastic/nylon that the thing's made of, but still, I'd have thought the turbo would be hot enough. :)

Nothing that Bisphenol A can't handle :rockon:

That car is rockin'. So how does the car "feel"? No one's asked! Do you have to wait until you're way on top of the RPM's to feel anything?

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Great looking car and love the set-up. I have been waiting to see the hellion kit actually on one of our cars.

Can't wait to see numbers.

Any idea what boost you can go up to on that set up?

Well this turbo is said to be good for 600whp tops but i don't plan on taking it past 550whp which i believe is doable at around 15-16lbs, maybe less.

stock engine i guess??...

Nope. Built shortblock at 8.5:1 compression

Nothing that Bisphenol A can't handle :rockon:

That car is rockin'. So how does the car "feel"? No one's asked! Do you have to wait until you're way on top of the RPM's to feel anything?

Feels great. Pulls hard through all rpms but def up top hard. hits full boost at 3800rpms with these 4.10s. That's the only thing I don't like right now is that i have 4.10s still. I should be putting in some 3.27s soon and that'll be much better.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
I know a girl out there in E-burg and one of her good girlfriends that lives in Bellevue now drives a Sonic blue KB 2.2 Cobra. I'll def have to look into it now.

Does she go to Central Washington University? I used to go there, and i might be back to visit this summer. And yeah you should definitly stay for the roundup if you drive all the way. Also the girl with the sonic blue k/b wouldnt happen to be christina?

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Does she go to Central Washington University? I used to go there, and i might be back to visit this summer. And yeah you should definitly stay for the roundup if you drive all the way. Also the girl with the sonic blue k/b wouldnt happen to be christina?

Haha. Sure does! I went and kicked it at CWU in the end of Jan and end of Feb. And yea, the girl i went out to see is real good friends with Christina. Talk bout a small ass world.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Looks good, But with you Red taillights bezels and chrome saleens, It was one of the best looking sn95s i haveseen i wouldn't of touched it:beer:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
:shrug:....It never had red tailight bezels. They've always been black since i owned the car.

Could have swore they weren't always black but i must be wrong, now get the dam saleens back.. Still a beautiful car man enjoy the boost..:D

JasonSnake

Established Member
hey dude no vids yet! Get us some Dyno vids! Where can I read up on this turbo kit? You definitely need to have an aftermarket K?

coolguy10786

Established Member
We are definitely going to have to go cruising this summer. Plenty of rice around.:burnout:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Could have swore they weren't always black but i must be wrong, now get the dam saleens back.. Still a beautiful car man enjoy the boost..:D

Haha. it's all good man. I def do need the saleens back for sure. Oh i'll def enjoy the boost, haha :rockon:

hey dude no vids yet! Get us some Dyno vids! Where can I read up on this turbo kit? You definitely need to have an aftermarket K?

Yea i know man, i do need some vids up soon. weather's kinda shitty i'll see what i can do about gettin some vids tomorow.

www.hellionpowersystems.com is where the kit's from and it comes with a UPR
k-member.

We are definitely going to have to go cruising this summer. Plenty of rice around.:burnout:

Sounds like some good times man. Hopefully all will go as planned as far as the drive out there. should be fun for sure. :beer:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Wouldn't 3.55s or 3.73's be better than going back down to 3.27s? Does anyone make a rear mount turbo for our cars yet? One that would go back to the left or right of the gas tank. I've seen them for the new S197's.

JasonSnake

Established Member
eek why would you want a rear turbo? I'd imagine that would look pretty messy under the car plus the loss of efficiency from dessipation of heat energy as you go further down the exhaust......

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Wouldn't 3.55s or 3.73's be better than going back down to 3.27s? Does anyone make a rear mount turbo for our cars yet? One that would go back to the left or right of the gas tank. I've seen them for the new S197's.

If i were to stay at 9psi yes that would be fine but I plan on upping the boost and eventually going to a bigger turbo. A t-45 with taller gear like 3.27s example is still geared a bit shorter (quicker accel) than a t56 with a 3.55. I looked up the gearing ratios of both transmissions and differences in mph/rpm between the combo of t56/3.55 and t45/3.27 and decided that that combo works best for me.

i dont think you'll see a remote mount for the sn95 anytime soon. Main reason they are on the s197s is that they have much more space under the rear of their cars compared to ours.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
eek why would you want a rear turbo? I'd imagine that would look pretty messy under the car plus the loss of efficiency from dessipation of heat energy as you go further down the exhaust......
One main reason...keeping the weight of the nose of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread