Lost to a 350Z...owned an Accord coupe!

TacticalKaos

Established Member
XeriasSVT said:
99 cobra no power adder frpp dualmode exhaust, offroad x, 4.30's and cold air
---owns supercharged Z's like its my job,and the old tt's aren't worth the gas even on the twisties

---who drags a nissan anyway?......and plz no one say skyline because thats what the inifiniti (g35?) guy said about his car "it's an american skyline" right before he saw the mustang bumper and taillights

No offense man but a supercharged 350z with normal supporting mods with anywhere near a respectable driver would own you with your mods. And the "old tt's" aren't 350z's, they're 300zx and again, with a decent driver you're not touching them either. A supercharged 350z will run 12s all day long, the same can not be said about your set up. Reality is a bitch.

DVan8504

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
No offense man but a supercharged 350z with normal supporting mods with anywhere near a respectable driver would own you with your mods. And the "old tt's" aren't 350z's, they're 300zx and again, with a decent driver you're not touching them either. A supercharged 350z will run 12s all day long, the same can not be said about your set up. Reality is a bitch.

Ha, very true. Glad I didn't have to point that one out.

caz713

Established Member
XeriasSVT said:
99 cobra no power adder frpp dualmode exhaust, offroad x, 4.30's and cold air
---owns supercharged Z's like its my job,and the old tt's aren't worth the gas even on the twisties

---who drags a nissan anyway?......and plz no one say skyline because thats what the inifiniti (g35?) guy said about his car "it's an american skyline" right before he saw the mustang bumper and taillights

why the holier-than-thou attitude? you drive a 99 cobra with a few mods... your car is not that fast

Last edited:

ZnusNV

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:

+1

Cheers. :beer:

ZnusNV

Established Member
NameBlast44 said:
response you expected? good, you understand my point

you didn't close this subject because you can't change my opinion, no matter how many words you type. my avoidance of your page-long post has to do with the fact that this is a mb for svt enthusiasts, not people with too much time on their hands and not enough recognition in their minds.

not quite. my point is, i have an opinion (my very own) of drag times that can't be changed by magazine times.

it's funny, you wasted an abundance of energy and time to write something no one will read

definately a :loser: . the amount of posts and time he's wasted on this single thread is laughable

Hey NameBlast44,

Good Monday to you and thanks for another valued post.

Your points are addressed in post #155. So if you get a chance to check it out. :rockon:

If not, I won't waste my time being duplicative and our correspondence is effectively closed (as my comment "at least I closed the post" was to acknowledge).

Thanks again for the good (at least relatively) reads. If you would like to continue the conversation, please :read: #155 and respond accordingly. Otherwise... adios Sisyphus.

Z

Last edited:

Sandgnat

Established Member
Can understand many have said "they only believe what they see" and could care less what some mag posts about car performance. Truth is, more times that not, the results posted are right in-line what you will find with a driver, not just someone that points and shifts.

Whether you like mag results or not, this link points to a collection of results for many different cars. They are not trying to sell anything, just posting what has been reported and in some cases, pointing out where there was an attempt to cook the books. This link is updated as better times are reported.

http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

The 350Z, depending on model an 05 GT are about as even as you will find. The M3 several steps ahead.

ZnusNV

Established Member
Sandgnat said:
Can understand many have said "they only believe what they see" and could care less what some mag posts about car performance. Truth is, more times that not, the results posted are right in-line what you will find with a driver, not just someone that points and shifts.

Whether you like mag results or not, this link points to a collection of results for many different cars. They are not trying to sell anything, just posting what has been reported and in some cases, pointing out where there was an attempt to cook the books. This link is updated as better times are reported.

http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

The 350Z, depending on model an 05 GT are about as even as you will find. The M3 several steps ahead.

Interesting site. Seems on par with what I have witnessed and the experiences I have had.

The Track Z is about 2 tenths of a second faster than the Touring due to weight reduction.

Thanks for posting! :beer:

Z

Users who are viewing this thread