Lost our 9 year old Boxer this weekend...

ejm979

Established Member
We got him 1 month after moving into our home. The house just doesnt seem the same without him. Cancer got the best of him in a very short period of time. He truely was a member of our family and was very protective. My kids will never realize how much he looked after them. Attached are a few pics. Just needed to vent a little...

Last edited:

ejm979

Established Member
i cant figure out how to post the pics... if some could post the actual pictures i would appreciate it....
thanks...

Last edited:

xprocharged

Established Member
Seems flikrs having issues right now, I've always used photo bucket, never had a hitch.
Sorry about the dog, I'm dreading the day.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Really sorry man

8756663638_b30239b1c9_b.jpg

8756668076_44a09faa9d_b.jpg

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
edit, someone else got it.

Sorry to see you losing the dog to cancer.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sad news to hear. I know your family is going to miss him a lot. :(

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are truly family members. My girl is 10 and I dread the day something happens to her.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your loss. Looks like he had it pretty good and I bet he was comfortable and loved to the end.

We have a female Boxer, she is 11 and has had cancer (leg), but it was found in time to be operable. I cant image not having her around the house.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
So sorry , I lost my last Boxer at 8.5 yrs to cancer. Time heals, think of how lucky he was to spend his life in your home. Now they are in even a better place.

cornholio

Established Member
Had to put my 15 year old Lab down in February. Had to do it when everyone else was gone and break the news to them when they got back. Laid on the table with him as he took his last breath. Terrible.

I will always have a dog or dogs, but it certainly hurts when you have make the decision to say goodbye. Is it right, should I do this now, maybe another few days....? the thoughts go on and on.

My condolences....

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Very sorry to hear this. We have lost two boxers to cancer. This is a very unfortunate problem with a great breed of dogs.

We now have a 1.5 yr old brindle female. We paid a LOT to get a boxer from a breeder that does extensive health testing and no cancer in the parents or grandparents. This is certainly no guarantee, but we are hoping we can avoid this again.

On a side note. My wife was diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer. We are currently working through a very aggressive treatment plan.
sorry for the straying topic.

CANCER SUCKS!!

raustin0017

Established Member
He brought much happiness to your home. Sad he is gone now and understand the loss. Took us about a year to get over losing our lab..Hoss.
Peace

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm sorry to hear and wish you the best!

My girl (Bella) is 8 and last year she had surgery to remove some tumors. Luckily they weren't cancerous so she is still holding on. I too am not looking forward to the day I have to put her down and have shed tears just thinking about it.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear. My wife and I have no human kids, our dogs and cat are our kids. I know how much of a part of the family they can be.

Users who are viewing this thread