Lost My Best Friend Last Night

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
I'm soo sorry to hear about your loss. It's been exactly one month since I had to put my shepherd mix to sleep. I still can't spend more than a few seconds thinking about him or looking at pictures without getting upset.

I finally put away all of the dog toys, beds, bowls, etc. His ashes are in a beautiful wooden urn above the fireplace, and on top of the urn lays his collar. I think now I can finally begin to heal.

You are lucky to have had him fall asleep on his own. I had to make the incredibly painful decision of having the vet come to the house and put him down while he rested his head on my lap. It sounds like Kilo was very lucky to have you. Remember that you gave him an amazing life. I'm sure he is eternally grateful.

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
Sorry to hear that. Know how you feel, lost my border collie about 5 months ago. You have to look back at the good times you and him had together.

89boostingirl

Established Member
sorry for your loss, they fill the biggest void in someones life,that's why they are mans best friend.the only time they will ever let you down is when they pass on.:cryying::cryying::cryying:

Arena

Established Member
sorry for your loss they really do become part of your family and the Bully breeds have a personality like no other dog I've ever owned sorry again

randoo

Established Member
Im choked up reading this. I've been through this twice and it is very hard. Hang in there man and may Kilo R.I.P.

Raindog

Established Member
Thanks guys,

Kilo was a miniature bull terrier, still weighed around fifty pounds. I remember having to get on a list and be interviewed by the breeder to get him, was one of the happiest days when I brought him home as a pup. He was rambunctious and a complete clown, the latter attribute never faded with age.

He helped me get through a lot of hard times in my life and when I moved to places that I knew nobody, he was right there with a big goofy grin and that little light in his eyes.

Every now and then I think I hear him before reality sets in and I'll reach down expecting him to be next to the chair as he always was. The house feels hollow without him and the silence is deafening without the snorts, grunts and the odd bark. The little man had a language all his own.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
You need to get another dog. No dog will ever fill the void of the last completely, but it will help keep your mind off of him.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Sorry for your loss. :( My best friend (a cat, actually) is 12yrs old now w/ diabetes, and I dread the day that I have to say goodbye.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread