Lost My Best Friend Last Night

Raindog

Established Member
I came in last night and Kilo was on the couch doing his potato imitation. I had to go out and put the car cover on so I flipped on animal channel so he'd have something to watch.

When I came back in he didn't get up, just kind of looked up at me so I figured he was feeling a bit under the weather. I crashed on the couch next to the little guy we sat there and watched some TV. I dozed off and woke around midnight, he was quiet so I got up and tried to rouse him to go to bed.

He didn't move, I laid my hand on his side and knew that he was gone.

I got up and walked around and then went back and tried to wake him again, this happened several times. Finally I just turned off the television, sat down next to him and completely shut down.

Around 5am I wrapped him in his favorite blanket and called my mom to bury him. I kept walking into other rooms to see if he was in there and filled his food bowl and left his treats on his bed before I left for work.

Made it two hours at work before they told me to go home. I still keep expecting to turn around and see him, he always brightens my day.

Almost nine years, his birthday is May 22. He left a huge void and I feel as if someone has kicked me in the stomach repeatedly.

YoungKilo.jpg

Bully-950-RSRS.jpg

Kilo17.jpg

_DSC7892-01.jpg

_DSC7931-01.jpg

DSC_0030web.jpg

DSC_3673-01.jpg

DSC_1193copy.jpg

DSC_1206copy.jpg

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Wow, that's tough man. Sorry for your loss. Those are some GREAT pics of him though! At least you'll have some awesome visual aids to go along with his memories.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
R.I.P sorry for your lost, when I lost my German Shep. a few years ago it was hard, hang in there.

DCOURTS

Established Member
First and foremost, sorry for your loss. I had my childhood dog pass away about two years ago after being my best companion for 15 years. She was a yellow lab. After many visits to the vet for health issues, we finally put her down.

I will forever remember what the vet said to me that day. He said its alright to be upset, but you have to ask yourself something. Did she do her job? Was she your best friend? Did she always put a smile on your face? Well if you can answer yes to all of them, then she did a fine job of being man's best friend while she was on this earth and you will forever have lasting memories of her.

john_anch_ak

Sorry to hear about your lose. It's amazing how these little furry critters manage to become your best friend. I've been through this before and it's no fun at all. You can never replace him but he will always live in your memory and some day when you don't expect it you'll find another little furry critter to be your best friend.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm extremely sorry to hear about your dog, and hope everything else goes away...thats an extremely badass looking friend you got there though..

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
god I hate reading these damn threads......I get tears in my eyes every time. I KNOW my time is getting short with my Tipper, she is going on 11 years now and every day that goes by is one less shes going to be around. ahhhhh it sucks

VERY sorry for your loss

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
My English Bulldog passed on the same way.........just died in his sleep. He was only 5. I feel your pain though, I loved that dog. He had more personality than any other pet I ever had. Sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread